BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Itís been *so long* since Iíve seen my Corvette
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #67
VisualEcho
Major
VisualEcho's Avatar
United_States
918
Rep
1,364
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Not that I'd ever buy a new Corvette (It ended with the C6 Z06 for me), but damn this thread is enough to scare the shit out of anyone wanting a 'Vette.

Raise one for used cars.
__________________
2006 Lotus Exige | 2018 M2
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 06:53 PM   #68
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Gold Chain Class
The HACK's Avatar
1676
Rep
5,302
Posts

Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2017 Corvette GS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Welcome to Jamaica have a nice day

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Not that I'd ever buy a new Corvette (It ended with the C6 Z06 for me), but damn this thread is enough to scare the shit out of anyone wanting a 'Vette.

Raise one for used cars.
I for one will never even consider GM cars now for sure. A long time friend of mine runs an automotive aftermarket business and wants me to help with the C8 parts business. I told him heís on his own, as thereís no possible way Iíll ever consider anything made by GM ever again.

I told him itís not about the ďifsĒ but WHEN sh*t goes sideways. You canít pay me enough to ever want to consider going through this again.
__________________
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19Ē monitor.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 08:35 PM   #69
VisualEcho
Major
VisualEcho's Avatar
United_States
918
Rep
1,364
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I for one will never even consider GM cars now for sure. A long time friend of mine runs an automotive aftermarket business and wants me to help with the C8 parts business. I told him heís on his own, as thereís no possible way Iíll ever consider anything made by GM ever again.

I told him itís not about the ďifsĒ but WHEN sh*t goes sideways. You canít pay me enough to ever want to consider going through this again.
I hear you, you're upset, but in all honesty there are a lot of people driving Corvette's that never have a problem. You were just the unlucky one this time.
__________________
2006 Lotus Exige | 2018 M2
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 09:33 PM   #70
rwheels
First Lieutenant
1252
Rep
391
Posts

Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: May 2020
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I hear you, you're upset, but in all honesty there are a lot of people driving Corvette's that never have a problem. You were just the unlucky one this time.
I would say unlucky in the sense that he was exposed to GM's interest in their customers. When someone buys a high-end car, you expect some treatment in kind, and what Hack went through is totally uncalled for. Making the customer happy is certainly not GM's interest, if this is how they treat their customers. Frustrating would be an understatement.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 09:47 PM   #71
VisualEcho
Major
VisualEcho's Avatar
United_States
918
Rep
1,364
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
I would say unlucky in the sense that he was exposed to GM's interest in their customers. When someone buys a high-end car, you expect some treatment in kind, and what Hack went through is totally uncalled for. Making the customer happy is certainly not GM's interest, if this is how they treat their customers. Frustrating would be an understatement.
Totally with you on that.
__________________
2006 Lotus Exige | 2018 M2
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST