BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Itís been *so long* since Iíve seen my Corvette

06-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #67
VisualEcho
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Not that I'd ever buy a new Corvette (It ended with the C6 Z06 for me), but damn this thread is enough to scare the shit out of anyone wanting a 'Vette.

Raise one for used cars.
      06-29-2020, 06:53 PM   #68
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Gold Chain Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2017 Corvette GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Not that I'd ever buy a new Corvette (It ended with the C6 Z06 for me), but damn this thread is enough to scare the shit out of anyone wanting a 'Vette.

Raise one for used cars.
I for one will never even consider GM cars now for sure. A long time friend of mine runs an automotive aftermarket business and wants me to help with the C8 parts business. I told him heís on his own, as thereís no possible way Iíll ever consider anything made by GM ever again.

I told him itís not about the ďifsĒ but WHEN sh*t goes sideways. You canít pay me enough to ever want to consider going through this again.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19Ē monitor.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 08:35 PM   #69
VisualEcho
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I for one will never even consider GM cars now for sure. A long time friend of mine runs an automotive aftermarket business and wants me to help with the C8 parts business. I told him heís on his own, as thereís no possible way Iíll ever consider anything made by GM ever again.

I told him itís not about the ďifsĒ but WHEN sh*t goes sideways. You canít pay me enough to ever want to consider going through this again.
I hear you, you're upset, but in all honesty there are a lot of people driving Corvette's that never have a problem. You were just the unlucky one this time.
      06-29-2020, 09:33 PM   #70
rwheels
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I hear you, you're upset, but in all honesty there are a lot of people driving Corvette's that never have a problem. You were just the unlucky one this time.
I would say unlucky in the sense that he was exposed to GM's interest in their customers. When someone buys a high-end car, you expect some treatment in kind, and what Hack went through is totally uncalled for. Making the customer happy is certainly not GM's interest, if this is how they treat their customers. Frustrating would be an understatement.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 09:47 PM   #71
VisualEcho
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
I would say unlucky in the sense that he was exposed to GM's interest in their customers. When someone buys a high-end car, you expect some treatment in kind, and what Hack went through is totally uncalled for. Making the customer happy is certainly not GM's interest, if this is how they treat their customers. Frustrating would be an understatement.
Totally with you on that.