BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Can I change my IHKA air con/heater head like for like without needing any coding?

11-24-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
will336
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D sport F20

Garage List
Can I change my IHKA air con/heater head like for like without needing any coding?

Hi everybody, couple of questions, my 2014 118d sport(F20) has this fault code against the air con/heater control, 801237 IHKA: right type of climate selector wheel: short to ground, does this indicate the air con/heater control head unit, IHKA unit is faulty and need changing? I have found a like for like replacement on fleebay, which has same part number, is there any coding required to just change my faulty head unit for the replacement?

Any body know what this fault code actually means? Also when I removed the IHKA unit to look at part number on rear of it, I couldn't remove the 3 wire connector as much as I tried, anybody know the trick to removing it, it must have a latch of some sort but i'm dammed if I can see or find one and I don't want to break it while trying to unplug it, its just a tiny 3 wire connector to it

Last edited by will336; 11-24-2018 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 03:46 AM   #2
AMH
Registered
Rep
Drives: 118i f20

Can you still change the climate setting without any problem?
Appreciate 0