BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Great TV series - What are you watching now?

04-15-2024, 02:40 PM   #6425
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I'm really curious what's on your tv every night...must be a blank screen lol.

What series are approved by the great Alfisti (that are great from start-to-end)?

Monday through Thursday I am on the PS5 racing online or blasting 12 yr olds on Fortnite to chill. Friday through Sunday nights I sit with the mrs, i much prefer movies but she can't stay awake so i tolerate her stuff to some degree until she passes out with a cab sav.

Great series, if I go back far enough I have a few.....

- Dexter
- Breaking Bad (this was magnificent)
- Sons of Anarchy (edge case)
- Dexter 2
- Last of Us
- Walking Dead until about season 5 then it went to shit
- Squid Game was good

Honestly ... not much else. Some start really, really well then just have n idea what to do with themselves. 3 Body Problem and Ted Lasso are good examples, 3 or 4 episodes in I am there with my fat free snacks and rye and coke zero and all ready to watch it and then ..... it just goes to shit.

The one that really loses me is Game of Thrones. Started OK then ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz nothing happened for like 5 episodes. Like wake me up when something happens.
Appreciate 3
      04-15-2024, 10:02 PM   #6426
bigrum
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

I am 2 episodes in. Not bad, not bad, I have NO FUCKING IDEA as to the significance of the video game but otherwise pretty solid even if the lead female is far too pretty for the role.
Awesome show.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 02:16 AM   #6427
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares US.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 11:09 AM   #6428
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares US.
This is my guilty pleasure. Luckily I rarely ever watch actual cable TV so I don't encounter it often... but when I do.... I binge the whole thing.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 09:19 PM   #6429
TTM0TION
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto ZCP

For the Shogun fans. Did anyone like ep9? Every show needs a stinker but I can’t believe it was the penultimate episode to have the first meh one. Hoping the finale brings it back on form.
      04-16-2024, 10:23 PM   #6430
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Wife's just started watching "Lioness" and I admit that I'm getting a bit sucked in- at least for the SpecOps parts. The standard "everybody in the upper levels of the CIA is an arse-covering wanna-be chess master" trope is a bit meh for me.

I don't know who their technical consultants are, but they've definitely been to the party in the sandbox a couple of times, that's for sure.

R.

Last edited by flybigjet; Yesterday at 12:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:01 AM   #6431
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM0TION View Post
For the Shogun fans. Did anyone like ep9? Every show needs a stinker but I can’t believe it was the penultimate episode to have the first meh one. Hoping the finale brings it back on form.
I didn't think it was bad, can't have 2 action-packed episodes in a row (assuming the last one will show all-out war) or else it'll take away from the latter; this was consistent w the rest.

Anyway, the main stinker is the lead Caucasian, he's no Richard Chamberlain and I didn't recall his character being so confused from the original, never mind the total lack of chemistry between him and Mariko, she falls for him outta nowhere.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:59 AM   #6432
TTM0TION
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I didn't think it was bad, can't have 2 action-packed episodes in a row (assuming the last one will show all-out war) or else it'll take away from the latter; this was consistent w the rest.

Anyway, the main stinker is the lead Caucasian, he's no Richard Chamberlain and I didn't recall his character being so confused from the original, never mind the total lack of chemistry between him and Mariko, she falls for him outta nowhere.
Oh wow I thought Cosmo Jarvis was one of the surprises this season. He and Mariko have been awesome! Hated each other, fell for each other, society/religious pressure pulls them apart, they go their own way, now back for each other. Great stuff.

I'm not looking for action all the time and this show hasn't been that at all and there hasn't been a bad one yet.This one was just predicable and mailed in for me. NO good dialogue which is a strong point of the show. Ochiba had some epic facial acting but that's about it. Now there is SOOOOOO much to cram into the last one or it will be an incomplete story. Maybe if it's 1.5 hours they can do it but I don't think it is.
      Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #6433
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Let’s be careful with spoilers please.
Clark_Kent2220.00
      Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #6434
skultun
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328d