BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Getting Combox to work

03-24-2019, 08:40 PM   #1
driverush
Island Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M135i

Getting Combox to work

can anyone shed any light on this dilemma?

2014 BMW M135i
car was involved in a flood and the combox unit was fried. So I no longer have bluetooth, aux, USB, or any media related feature working. everything else on the car car works perfectly except the drivers seat power adjustment which is intermittent.

I recently took it to the dealer and was able to bridge a "MOST" connector to the combox and now my radio works but that's the only thing that works I presume that's located in the head unit which was unnafected by by the flood.

The car came from factory with a COMBOX MEDIA unit and I recently saw a pristine COMBOX TELEMATICS unit on eBay and ordered thinking a direct replacement would work[IMG]undefined[/IMG]. sure enough the part came and I hooked up all the connections and it didn't work. can anyone shed any light as to how I can get it to work re: coding or anything? any help would be greatly appreciated

I have access to the bimmer code app and adapter, if that is able to help
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 08:09 AM   #2
Bangher
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

The used combox was programmed for the car it came from, I don't know if its possible, but it would have to be wiped and then programmed to your car.
Your best option will be to get a new combox from the dealer and have them program it to your car using your VIN.
Appreciate 0