BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Android Auto Comes to BMW From Mid-2020!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-17-2019, 07:42 PM   #111
thebmw
Post Advisor
thebmw's Avatar
519
Rep
1,190
Posts

Drives: Many BMWs and SRTs
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Of course owning an iPhone does not make you automatically smart, educated, technically savvy. But statistically speaking, you're most likely to be in that group if you're using an iPhone. Reference: every single freaking research that has ever been done. Is this that hard to understand or accept?
And I think, if you wanna look cool or different and you're in that 'upper class' circles, you would have a better shot with an Android that nobody have seen, because all those people are on iPhones already. That would be like taking a surface book in Pixar or NASA or Google which all use Macs or Linux only. Everybody would be curious about your hybrid Windows laptop in those environments.

So this is number one.
Second, you say "As you've just demonstrated". Did I demonstrate that by explaining the technical reasons behind iPhone battery stuff to a person who claims who knows but has no idea? And who calls iPhone owners nazis and racist? Which one is tech savvy? Of course the guy who doesn't know anything, and who call people nazis, because he's on your side? Great. I also gave a tech savvy explanation about Apple's and Google's approval process, which I've been through many times. I managed Android software development projects, and used Android for months (unfortunately) before some launches. So I don't see why you're mocking with my tech savviness? Oh well, I know, I'm not on your side. So I'm a nazi, I'm not educated, tech savvy, whatever right?

Oh also, all software has bugs. No matter what you do, you will ship some bugs.


Dude, you need to calm down. You're in such a rage that you fail to see what anyone is saying. You are acting very closed minded and elitist. This is what cult people do. That is what racists do. That is what Nazis do. Look in the mirror hard tonight. You need help.

Apple is the best company in the world at marketing and brainwashing. The enlightened people are the ones who see through that propaganda and consciously choose Android. If for no other reason, it is because we believe in freedom of thought.
Appreciate 2
DocL328.00

      12-17-2019, 07:50 PM   #112
Cortexiphan
Captain
Cortexiphan's Avatar
United_States
666
Rep
622
Posts

Drives: 18' BMW 540i MSport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
This is what cult people do. That is what racists do. That is what Nazis do..
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
. The enlightened people are the ones who see through that propaganda and consciously choose Android. If for no other reason, it is because we believe in freedom of thought.
Oh my god. Wow.
I'm sorry for you...
__________________
E93 330i ///Msport
E70 3.0si
E92 ///M3

F82 ///M4
G30 540i ///Msport

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 12-18-2019 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 12:43 PM   #113
WolfGTI
Lieutenant
WolfGTI's Avatar
United_States
239
Rep
513
Posts

Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
Lol 5 year old data? much like the Iphone user experience.
I am neither uneducated, nor any other qualifier you listed, and my household income is above $125k a couple times. I've had Iphones from work - I still prefer Android. It's a personal thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
AGAIN, I guess you still don't understand. You said, Apple is intentionally failing iPhone batteries. I gave you the whole explanation about that. So do you have a counter argument? Or were you just making up stuff based on a few click bait headlines that you saw?
Or your argument is that iPhone people are racist nazis? What does it have to do with anything?

All my points have already been proven:

This is the iPhone battery throttling thing you LIED ABOUT.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387

And this is about education and financials of iPhone vs Android globally. from Forbes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/toddhix.../#2e8b29a7d1b0

Last edited by WolfGTI; 12-18-2019 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 02:06 PM   #114
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5894
Rep
2,934
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Thank Goodness!!! ANDROID FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/QAMZNzQ.jpg
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 10:42 PM   #115
LogicalApex
Lieutenant
231
Rep
443
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Youíre proving my point about Apple haters being uninformed. Itís very frustrating that people who know nothing about a subject have so strong opinions...

Itís never late to learn:
Apple didnít program their batteries to fail intentionally. If your battery has lost its capacity to hold power, it canít supply the voltage when the CPU load peaks. So, if you have a degraded battery, whenever the CPU asks for peak power, the phone will shut down. Itís a problem for Apple because iPhones are being used for 5+ years unlike any Android phone Apple came up with a resolution. (This is not a problem for Android, because Android phones lose support in 2 years at most (if youíre lucky) and they will also fall apart because of poor material and build quality in most cases. Thatís why you see a bunch of iPhone 6 phones around from 5 years ago, but all galaxy s5s are Iím landfills)

As a solution, Apple underclocks the CPU so that the phone keeps working when the battery capacity falls below a certain level. Thatís it. And you can go to an Apple store and replace the battery for $29, and the performance would restore to its original state. The same thing happens with all the Android phones, but who the hell uses and Android for that long? And is there any Android phone that receives software updates that long? Answers: No one, and no. Do you understand or should I explain in a lower level?

This is the situation for most Apple haters. Theyíre just reading headlines, thus severely uninformed, and they donít know what makes a device good.(Hint: not the number of features.)
I like a lot of what Apple does, like their strong stance on privacy, but they are a company like all companies and they maximize profits above all else.

I have read their statements on why they need to do battery management on the iPhone and what happened with the iPhone 6s, but I'm not buying it. All Lithium Ion batteries have problems in this area and Apple can, and should, design around this.

For starters, you have peak load issues due to the unique way smartphone CPUs are setup. You'll usually have multiple CPUs with various core counts on them to allow the phone to offer good battery life in tasks that aren't very taxing, like maybe polling your email server for updates, by using the "low performance cores" and firing up the "high performance" cores when demanding tasks are executed. Activating these cores has a high initial performance hit since they were previously shutoff.

Apple's power management subsystem should be designed to handle this short peak power request by either querying the battery before activation of CPU cores or by querying the battery when plugged in. Basically, they should be ensuring their power system is learning from the battery and adapting to its age over time.

Similar to how BMW wants you to re-program your new battery to your car so it can erase the leaning it has completed over the old battery lifetime. Apple designed a flawed power management subsystem and resorted to software fixes to save money from a full recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Thank you for completely verifying my point about elitism. BTW, your "facts" are actually not supported by data. Virtually all the actual innovations in camera, glass, edge, swipe, etc technology was on Android based platforms. Funny you speak of batteries, because it is pretty well covered how Apple purposefully programed their batteries to FAIL. Nice company you are loyal to! They screw you and you still worship them! Objectivity and humbleness are important virtues in life. Apple Zombies seem to lack these essential traits.
How is Apple "Nazi" technology?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 11:00 PM   #116
MFNATIK
Major General
MFNATIK's Avatar
United_States
1499
Rep
3,068
Posts

Drives: 17 F80 ZCP, 05 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

We shouldn't be attacking each other over what phone we prefer to use. Really, BMW is so late to the game its almost irrelevant now. We should be mad at BMW, not each other.
__________________
2017 M3 - Laguna Seca Blue ZCP with CS stuff
2005 M3 Vert - Imola Red - The weekend car
2020 Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance - The sub 3 second car
Appreciate 1
heavyD^21166.00

      12-24-2019, 12:37 AM   #117
eluded
2JZ-GTE
eluded's Avatar
Bulgaria
2111
Rep
2,999
Posts

Drives: 340 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Sofia

iTrader: (0)

Car play is the bomb in the m340. It doesn't require any wires. Bluetooth and wireless. #winning
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 11:21 PM   #118
azwillnj
First Lieutenant
152
Rep
338
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 328i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (0)

I skimmed the thread real quick to make sure this wasn't a repost and didn't see anything..

I was just reading 9 to 5 Google and noticed that they may have accidentally leaked a picture showing Android Auto running on what looks like a 5 series.

Here is a link to the article: https://9to5google.com/2020/01/11/an...p-visiblezone/

And here is the picture uploaded to the forums in case they fix it.. Note that the picture name when downloaded from the blog is "android_auto_bmw_1.jpg"

Name:  android_auto_bmw_1.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  176.9 KB
__________________
Current: 2020 M340i xDrive - DAP - DAP Pro - Prem - Executive - Remote Start - Wireless Charging - HK
History: 2008 e90 328xi > 2011 e90 LCI 335i xDrive > 2013 F30 328i xDrive > 2016 F30 LCI 340i xDrive

WE ARE!
Appreciate 2
      01-13-2020, 02:39 AM   #119
bartllp
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Finally!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 01:59 AM   #120
PickleRick63
New Member
United Kingdom
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: White 1M
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

So.... Does anyone have any idea how many iDrive 6 owners are out there? There must be many, many Android users who are feeling very "left in the cold" with the status of BMW's implementation of Android Auto for iDrive 7 onwards only.

Does anyone think it's likely (or possible?) that BMW would issue an update to iDrive 6 to allow support for AA in some form?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #121
msm2000uk
Private
msm2000uk's Avatar
59
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW M850i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Is there any info on when this will come for iDrive 7?

M
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 05:09 PM   #122
MFNATIK
Major General
MFNATIK's Avatar
United_States
1499
Rep
3,068
Posts

Drives: 17 F80 ZCP, 05 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

I would like to see this for iDrive5/6 since that aligns with the hardware changes for wireless CarPlay. They should not forget us early adopters and hell no should they expect us to buy a new car to get it. Be like Tesla and give us these as software updates, please!
__________________
2017 M3 - Laguna Seca Blue ZCP with CS stuff
2005 M3 Vert - Imola Red - The weekend car
2020 Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance - The sub 3 second car
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #123
msm2000uk
Private
msm2000uk's Avatar
59
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: BMW M850i
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
Is there any info on when this will come for iDrive 7?

M
To answer my own post:

Optimised smartphone integration: Android Auto can now also be used in the vehicle in addition to Apple CarPlay.

Depending on the model series, either standard or optional smartphone integration will enable use not just of Apple CarPlay but also of the digital services provided by Android Auto in numerous current BMW models as of summer 2020. This means that owners of a smartphone with the Android operating system can now access their familiar smartphone apps in the vehicle, just like users of an Apple iPhone. These include the digital voice assistant Google Assistant, the map service Google Maps, music streaming services such as Spotify and Amazon Music, and the messaging service WhatsApp.

The systems are integrated directly in the vehicle's display and control system via a wireless LAN connection between the respective smartphone and the vehicle. Here, the driver can view all the important information from the apps on the Control Display and also navigation directions in the instrument cluster and the optional Head-Up Display.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST