BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > iPhone playback

03-23-2017, 03:24 AM   #1
BimmerMad
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3 wheeler

iPhone playback

My friend has just bought an F20. I think it must be second hand as he says it has no nav.

He's trying to connect his iPhone via USB. It charges but won't play through the stereo. Does he need that old Y adapter or should it work with the normal USB to lightning cable?

My old F20 and my current F30 both have pro nav so they have always just worked with the standard Apple USB lead.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 02:32 AM   #2
ShadowmanVII
Rep
Drives: BMW 220d M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDowson View Post
My friend has just bought an F20. I think it must be second hand as he says it has no nav.

He's trying to connect his iPhone via USB. It charges but won't play through the stereo. Does he need that old Y adapter or should it work with the normal USB to lightning cable?

My old F20 and my current F30 both have pro nav so they have always just worked with the standard Apple USB lead.
My Mrs has the 116 Sport 2013 with no sat nav and she needs to plug in her IPhone via audio cable.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 03:30 AM   #3
paul510psu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW

Any luck with the USB to lightning cable?

Hey guys, I know this is a long shot, but I'm having the same problem as OP. The screen displays, "This connecting lead is not supported. Use a lead recommended by BMW to connect external device." and my phone displays, "This accessory is not supported by this iPhone."

I have the latest iOS 13.3.1 and a 2014 BMW 125d. I've found BMW USB to lightning cables for around 40 bucks but would just like some reassurance that these will work if purchased.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0