BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > OEM Camera with Bimmertech Carplay module

05-21-2021, 06:35 AM   #1
nebus01
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i (F20)

OEM Camera with Bimmertech Carplay module

Hi everyone,

recently I made a full M Sport package upgrade on my car and I got a used rear bumper that had a BMW camera and a cutted camera cable (approx 20 cm from the connector) so I thought why not make it work. I basically have 2 options on the table:

1) do a OEM retrofit (I have no idea what I need to do that, if it helps I have the nbt iDrive with the big screen)

2) somehow make the camera work with some cables and connect it as an aftermarket camera on my Bimmertech CarPlay module (which has the yellow composite for aftermarket cameras)

I thought the second method would be easier and cheaper since I would only need to find a way to connect the camera to the module, deliver power and no coding is required (even though coding is not a problem). so I already got a cable from aliexpress which on one side has the yellow composite exit (and a red wire coming out of it) and on the other side it has a 4 pin connector (which I’ll probably cut) that has a cable that goes to the other side and two short red and black wires.

Now I know that from the cutted OEM cable I have a green wire, a brown one, a blue one and an orange one.

If anybody knows which of these wires does what or knows how could I connect everything please let me know

Thanks in advance for the help
Appreciate 0