BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 2019 1 Series - end of the line model

08-24-2019, 08:35 AM   #1
BimmerTom94
BimmerTom94
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 530e

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
2015 BMW 3 Series  [0.00]
Smile 2019 1 Series - end of the line model

Hey Guys,

I managed to get my hands on an end of the line 2019 F20 if anyone wants to see a video on that car. I used to have a 2012 f20 and it has changed abit since then. Please click the link below.

Hope you guys enjoy it, Thomas

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #2
Lewis_F20
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1 Series F20 118i Shadowline

Decent vid, I also have picked up a shadowline edition of these with the 118i 1.5 engine.
I have to say I actually rate the engine, it's very perky and for my needs (mostly around town driving) it's a good engine which sounds quite sporty to my surprise.

I got such a good deal on it, it's hard to knock. I could have gone to the 120i however the price difference I felt would have ended up being wasted power and money for me and where mostly i will drive the car.

So far I have driven it on country roads and is where you would even know the car is being powered by the 1.5 as the car is that fun to sling around corners and I have rarely noticed a lack of power. I have really felt the benefits of the engine being lighter due to the 3 cyl, the steering feels great coupled with the M sport suspension that really holds the car well through the corners.
I just want to add as well I have find that its so smooth shifting between the gears and I don't feel any vibrations at all, it really does feel like BMW built this engine well.

All in all I'm really pleased with the car and looking forward to getting it out of the running in phase to really explore past 4.5k revs, as so far when I get to 4.5k the car still feels like it wants to deliver more. It's no straight 6 engine, but it has enough power to be interesting when you want it to be and fun to drive on those country roads.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 04:20 PM   #3
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

I wonder if you have the symposer-thingy that makes fake engine sound in the speakers since your car sounds sporty. I kind of like the engine sound in our 118i, but it should have been significantly louder inside. I can barely hear it.

And don't expect much to happen beyond 4500 RPM. It will keep pulling, but there is no extra push at the top. It feels almost like it fades away a bit before it hits the limiter.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 04:39 PM   #4
Lewis_F20
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1 Series F20 118i Shadowline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
I wonder if you have the symposer-thingy that makes fake engine sound in the speakers since your car sounds sporty. I kind of like the engine sound in our 118i, but it should have been significantly louder inside. I can barely hear it.

And don't expect much to happen beyond 4500 RPM. It will keep pulling, but there is no extra push at the top. It feels almost like it fades away a bit before it hits the limiter.
It maybe does, but I'm not sure what BMW have done to make it sound like it does.
It doesn't sound like a 6 cylinder but lets just say it's sounds better than I expected for what it is.

In regards to the power it feels more even throughout the Rev range, I had before this a 4 cylinder 116i and the power only started to hit around 3000 RPM. Where as this one you don't feel any lunges as such, it appears the power is more evenly distributed from the lower to the higher revs. Took a bit of getting used to actually but finally getting there.
Appreciate 0