BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Bugatti hits 304.77mph in a Chiron | Top Gear

09-05-2019, 11:00 AM   #45
Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post
Lies...

Everyone knows the Earth is flat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I was wondering how long it would take.
oh damn. I just commented on the page before about this lmao and I now see this. blah haha
      09-05-2019, 11:37 AM   #46
See5
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post
Outsourcing to other companies isn’t a bad thing. Using other companies development and innovation is time saving, proven and cost effective.

You’re portraying a “David and Goliath” scenario, which is really portraying two very distinctively different vehicles.

My response was accurate. While you have chosen your favourite, it is not from an actual test drive, it’s from your reading and individual passion of what “David” has built within the limitations of a smaller manufacturer compared to “Goliath” with big bucks and support of the larger manufacturer.

Doing something “yourself” doesn’t automatically make it better. The new corvette stingray designed a better DSG for the car; so therefore it’s better than other manufacturers? It is it just better for their applications.

With most auto groups, the proof is in endurance racing. Here it’s just idealistic literature of things you will never see race in competition or even drive. So wether it’s Road and Track or a periodical; it’s still magazine racing.
Exactly. I'm not discounting their ability to create new solutions at a company with less resources but those alone do not make it the better vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 11:52 AM   #47
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Outsourcing to other companies isn’t a bad thing. Using other companies development and innovation is time saving, proven and cost effective.
But.... that's totally not the discussion here.....

Its about innovation. And in that aspect Koenigsegg does more than Bugatti
Buying tech from another company is not the same as coming up with it yourself.

Quote:
My response was accurate. While you have chosen your favourite, it is not from an actual test drive, it’s from your reading and individual passion of what “David” has built within the limitations of a smaller manufacturer compared to “Goliath” with big bucks and support of the larger manufacturer.
I was talking about the companies and how they go about their business. There is no test drive needed to form an opinion on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by See5 View Post
but those alone do not make it the better vehicle.
You're changing the subject. The discussion was about the amount of innovations both companies do/make/come up with.
What makes something a 'better' car is subjective. For all I care someone might think red cars with 5 doors are better.
You think a soft leather interior and 4wd is better.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 09-05-2019 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #48
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post

3- The straight portion of the track is perfectly flat and level for the entire length, when standing at one end of the straight you cannot see the far end due to the curvature of the Earth.
But... The Earth is Flat!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 12:37 PM   #49
See5
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Just to add, Bugatti says they could've done 320mph in Nevada...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 02:25 PM   #50
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

And all without actually breaking records.
Just to add....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0