Bimmerpost for Android has just been updated to version 4.3.55 with a host of bug fixes. Try it out!
BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Fire & fury

08-14-2017, 08:06 PM   #309
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
Here's an idea...
I think that's exactly what will happen - the Armed Services mostly support Trump these days, as opposed to the Obama years.

And as a resident of lovely Riverside, you will continue to mock them, despite their attempts to keep you safe.
      08-14-2017, 08:47 PM   #310
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
No NK. Was last week's news...now we're on the Virginia news...maybe Venezuela soon. And,it is about time to get back to Russia.
Yeah , watch out with Russia !
Attached Images

08-14-2017, 09:42 PM   #311
are0lies
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I think that's exactly what will happen - the Armed Services mostly support Trump these days, as opposed to the Obama years.

And as a resident of lovely Riverside, you will continue to mock them, despite their attempts to keep you safe.
I'm retired military. Therefore I do not mock any American military member. What I do mock are those who are anxious to send troops to war, knowing that they or their loved ones will most likely not be in harms way. Also I have never heard of any military member who is anxious for war, they just follow the directives of their commander-in-chief.
Appreciate 2
      08-15-2017, 12:20 AM   #312
are0lies
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Looks like the Chinese president talked some sense into this boy.

North Korea Backs Off Threat to Hit Guam
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...obu?li=BBnb7Kz
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 09:58 AM   #313
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6

Anybody think ivanka or Jared with join the military to fight in daddy's war?

Nope, it will be us commoners going to war for some draft dodger.

I deployed twice and I'm glad I'm out now. Trump is on a path to get hundreds of thousands of American lives killed. This isn't fighting some arabs in the desert. These are organized militaries. And it won't just be NK we have to fight, it's gonna be china too, and possibly Russia.

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #314
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
I'm retired military. Therefore I do not mock any American military member. What I do mock are those who are anxious to send troops to war, knowing that they or their loved ones will most likely not be in harms way. Also I have never heard of any military member who is anxious for war, they just follow the directives of their commander-in-chief.
My family members must be a select minority then cause they are anxious and ready. My respect to all military.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #315
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies

NK wasn't going to do it anyways. Nothing but bad outcomes for them: Shot down via THAAD/Aegis, they actually hit Guam, Missiles fail in flight. NK can kill SK soldiers but you don't fck with the US.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
Torgus1167.00

08-15-2017, 12:30 PM   #316
Chappers 71
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
you don't fck with the US.
Oorah
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 11:00 PM   #317
imserious
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

Quote:
Quote:

NK wasn't going to do it anyways. Nothing but bad outcomes for them: Shot down via THAAD/Aegis, they actually hit Guam, Missiles fail in flight. NK can kill SK soldiers but you don't fck with the US.
And who cares about SK, amirite?!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #318
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious
Quote:
Quote:

Well within the last few years NK has shelled SK civilians and torpedo'd(sp?) a SK ship and I don't remember a SK response. . IJS

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #319
imserious
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious
Quote:
Quote:

Well within the last few years NK has shelled SK civilians and torpedo'd(sp?) a SK ship and I don't remember a SK response. . IJS
I see your point. I agree that the SK response has been weak. I thought you might have meant that SK lives don't matter.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet894.50

08-16-2017, 07:53 PM   #320
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
As an armchair commentator, I think that's pretty easy to explain.

The Kim Dynasty has spent the last 50 years digging massive artillery into the mountains just north of the border, fixed on SK's capital.

They're sufficiently numerous and dug-in that even the US military might doesn't have a strategy* for their disarmament that doesn't include _extreme_ casualties and destruction of Seoul.

The whole reason why we haven't neutralized this SOB yet isn't because of china, it's because not only are their no good options for military engagement, there are no bad options either. There's just terrible (accept massive SK casualties to get this prick before he gets the capability to strike California and Beijing with nukes) and ultra-terrible (wait until he can).

Also, given that the US will seriously f*ck up NK within a day of them starting something, NK's expected response to a minor conflict is rapid and massive escalation.

From the SK perspective, they'll just ignore it while this prick pokes them with a stick, because they know if they poke him back, he'll retaliate with everything he's got.

In post WW2 conflict, the international community pretty much abide by the principal of "a proportional response" (Watch the west wing episode by the same name for a good dramatization of why we all do this). It's accepted knowledge that NK won't play by this rule.

This is why Trump is the first person to actually get some meaningful results in this situation.

He's the only one with the balls to stand up and say "F*ck you little guy. If you won't respond proportionally, either will we. Try me again. Poke that little f*ckin stick in my face again and we'll see what happens. You think you've got SK by the short and curlies. Well, you might, but I could give a F*ck about SK. I only care about my people, and if you so much as BREATHE on them I'm going to f*ck you up proper"

*obviously as an armchair commentator we don't know what strategies the US military may or may not have. But this is the view of many journalists, and it thoroughly explains the USA's pacifist response to date.
2008 BMW 135i Convertible 6AT (E88 N54) M Sport (BMS DCI, VRSF 7" Intercooler, VRSF CP, VRSF v2 DP, Turbosmart BOV, JB4 w/ Bluetooth Gauges, BMS E85 BEF, SmartTop Module, xHP Stage 3, BMS Cowl Filters, RB Inlets & Outlets, MFactory 1.5way LSD, Fuel-it Stage 2+ Bucketless)
Appreciate 0