BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Confess here

03-01-2023, 03:56 PM   #8449
Nickynines
Rep
Drives: 2008 750

Garage List
2000 m5  [0.00]
i feel like i'm on graigs list.... give me the serious stuff please
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 03:42 PM   #8450
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
i am about to fire my landscaper
i asked him when are you stopping by to do lawn treatment etc..this was before Easter.
i said please come before Easter to cut the lawn, and do treatment after Easter because the kids will be outside and i have family coming over. Monday he was suppose to swing by, and he didnt. I texted him last Wednesday you forgot to stop by and do the lawn treatment. He said sorry I will stop by Thursday morning. He didnt stop by at all.
NOW its Tuesday- He hasnt even reached out to me. At this point Im annoyed, I dont feel like I should text him, tell him I found another landscaper.
Back story is - I met him when he didnt have a job and was doing pizza delivery on and off. He came over to my house one evening, asked if I had someone treating/cutting my lawn. I had just moved in 2021. I paid him for the top soil, and lawn treatment. I was his first client. He was out of work because landscaping company he worked for went out of business. Now he started his own landscaping business.
As of last year I feel he is only paying attention to the other properties that he charges more money.
i have areas where the grass isnt growing and I made him aware of it.
Appreciate 2
JJ 911SC21884.50
vreihen1614885.00
      04-19-2023, 09:42 PM   #8451
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

We had what seemed like a biblical swarm in the back yard today. Keeper got here and I was trying to be as cool as him reaching into the swarm to get pics in just a tank

Later, I was looking at some of the aftermath on the driveway and something touched my ear. Almost squealed but just went inside instead
      05-04-2023, 03:20 AM   #8452
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

When I installed heated seats into my E90, the driver seat worked right away. The passenger seat needed additional wires ran to it for the heat to work and I haven’t done it. The button still lights up as if the heated function was on.

Passengers press the button and think it’s on and I say nothing. I guess by the time their body heat warms up the leather and the heater blows hot air, they’re nice and warm..

Last edited by Serf27; 05-06-2023 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 4
vreihen1614885.00
F32Fleet3539.50
Esteban42184.00
      05-06-2023, 08:11 PM   #8453
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
...Passengers press the button and think it’s on and I say nothing. I guess by the time their body heat warms up the leather and the heater blows hot air, they’re nice and warm..
That's funny!
      05-06-2023, 08:13 PM   #8454
PcarFan
Baned
Rep
Drives: BMW

I confess that I "still" don`t understand women.

This morning the wife and I were having our morning cup of coffee and the wife asks me. What are you doing this morning? I said, I`m going to cut the grass and then I`m changing the winter tires on your car and mine to the summers. Then I asked her. Why? What do you need? Nothing she said, just wondering. Okay, I said. And what are you doing this morning? I asked her.
Oh, I don`t know, it`s such a beautiful day outside she said, I might just go check out the gardens, okay I said.

I started trimming the grass and the wife goes outside and starts playing around with the flowers and then she says to me. I need you to do a couple of things for me. I looked at her and I didn`t even say a word, she knew that I was not to happy, and then just I went back to trimming the grass. She didn`t say anything else and after a few minutes she went back inside.
Geez, I just asked you a little while ago if you needed anything, and you said no, and then the minute I start doing the things that I need to do you come to me that you need something. This happens to me all the time .

Is it only to me, or does this also happens to you guys?

By the way, we`ve been happily married for over 30 years .
Appreciate 4
Esteban42184.00
vreihen1614885.00
Sedan_Clan24812.50
      05-06-2023, 08:22 PM   #8455
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcarFan View Post

This morning the wife and I were having our morning cup of coffee and the wife asks me. What are you doing this morning? I said, I`m going to cut the grass and then I`m changing the winter tires on your car and mine to the summers. Then I asked her. Why? What do you need? Nothing she said, just wondering. Okay, I said. And what are you doing this morning? I asked her.
Oh, I don`t know, it`s such a beautiful day outside she said, I might just go check out the gardens, okay I said.

I started trimming the grass and the wife goes outside and starts playing around with the flowers and then she says to me. I need you to do a couple of things for me. I looked at her and I didn`t even say a word, she knew that I was not to happy, and then just I went back to trimming the grass. She didn`t say anything else and after a few minutes she went back inside.
Geez, I just asked you a little while ago if you needed anything, and you said no, and then the minute I start doing the things that I need to do you come to me that you need something. This happens to me all the time .

Haha, sometimes I think they expect you to read their minds, and when you don't their feelings are hurt. 48 years here this July, also happily married, and still learning.
      05-08-2023, 05:22 PM   #8456
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcarFan View Post

Wait, are you me, from a parallel universe? Or just me from 10 years in the future?
      05-09-2023, 07:41 AM   #8457
PcarFan
Baned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Wait, are you me, from a parallel universe? Or just me from 10 years in the future?

Ha ha, I believe we're the same age. We could be twins
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 12:05 AM   #8458
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

I confess...

It’s Mother’s Day today and I miss my mom.

She died when I was 17. She was 47. She's buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, Ca. I haven't been there in a while. Was talking to my daughter tonight telling her that we have to go visit her gravesite soon. She agreed. She never met her but I have told her much about my mom.

I don't normally drink on Sundays, my regular night is Friday, but I'm having a bottle of wine tonight while I think of her.
PcarFan932.00
rebekahb3128.50
Sedan_Clan24812.50
nyalpine907380.00
sygazelle11091.00
3.0L8902.00
      05-18-2023, 10:25 PM   #8459
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Esteban I feel you. Moms ashes are a few miles away, under Dads. Brothers were disappointed I didn’t go
Sorry, mom isn’t there, she’s in my heart and memories. She would much prefer to be with me BBQing in the back yard with Love all around
JJ 911SC21884.50
PcarFan932.00
Buug95916835.00
3.0L8902.00
      05-28-2023, 12:13 PM   #8460
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

I'm a grown man with no kids & bought an electric go kart for myself.
Appreciate 6
Sedan_Clan24812.50
cmyx6go15561.50
Esteban42184.00
vreihen1614885.00
sygazelle11091.00
      05-28-2023, 08:41 PM   #8461
OtoPA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 F150, 23 M4, JD3038E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
I'm a grown man with no kids & bought an electric go kart for myself.
Wife and I are spending our children's inheritance. They can have the land, but the cash...eh.
Appreciate 3
Donatello.1015.50
vreihen1614885.00
      06-02-2023, 11:28 AM   #8462
Smooth_Operator
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 335i 6MT

I drove a rental Citroën C3 up a set of stairs. I'd never driven in Italy before, it was pretty shocking to see how narrow their roads are compared to the big luxurious roads we have here in the states. I was at the exit of a parking garage in Milan, with a sharp u-turn onto a one way street. On the inside was a set of stairs. I took the turn a bit too tight, and *CRUNCH*.

There was a restaurant with outdoor seating on the outside of the turn. Everybody stopped talking and looked at me. At this point, I figured I had it a curb. Weighing the options of A) backing up and taking a new angle or B) powering through, my friend thought that I might have punctured a tire. So, fearing the absolute worst and being unsure if the tire really was punctured and how fast it was losing air, I powered through. Dump the clutch, crank the wheel and get out of there. More crunches, super bumpy, but it worked. Once free, I parked on the side of the street and inspected the damage. No punctures, thankfully, but the side skirt was pretty effed up. I walked back to the scene of the accident, since my friend said he saw parts come off. Sure enough, a piece of black plastic was just sitting there. I think it's a jack point cover? Not sure. I just knew the tabs were broken off so it was probably futile to try putting it back on. Thankfully, no punctures. I drove back to the hotel, bought a tube of toothpaste in the lobby, and used that and a bath towel to buff the scratches out of the black plastic side skirt. All the obvious stuff came out. The toothpaste didn't do anything about the deeper scratches, but at least it was the same color as the rest of the side skirt, right? I pulled it back into shape and went to bed.

The next day, I returned the car. The guy from Avis briefly glanced at the exterior of the car, made some sort of note on his paper, and thanked my friend and I. It's been a few days now, surely this car has been rented out again. No damage charge. I'm 99.9% sure I'm in the clear now. He also didn't notice the light damage on the passenger mirror from when I took a turn too wide and whacked into an ancient building. It feels so good to be in the clear for all this, though I am anticipating the bill from the toll fiasco.
Appreciate 1
JJ 911SC21884.50
      08-12-2023, 12:42 AM   #8463
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

On a lighter note, my confession has to do with food.

Today I had lunch with my wife and my daughter for my birthday. We had a great meal and I was full. The server asked us if we wanted desert and I said, "what do you have", not really expecting to actually be swayed since I was so full. He said, "I have something you've never heard of and it's amazing". What he said next got my attention. "It's Oreo Fritters. We take Oreos and dip them in pancake batter and then deep fry them. We serve them with chocolate ice cream."

I confess that I was weak and ordered this obscenely unhealthy yet yummy desert. Time to go to the gym.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
cmyx6go15561.50
Buug95916835.00
JJ 911SC21884.50
vreihen1614885.00
Esteban42184.00
      08-12-2023, 04:09 AM   #8464
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post

Today I had lunch with my wife and my daughter for my birthday. We had a great meal and I was full. The server asked us if we wanted desert and I said, "what do you have", not really expecting to actually be swayed since I was so full. He said, "I have something you've never heard of and it's amazing". What he said next got my attention. "It's Oreo Fritters. We take Oreos and dip them in pancake batter and then deep fry them. We serve them with chocolate ice cream."

I confess that I was weak and ordered this obscenely unhealthy yet yummy desert. Time to go to the gym.
Happy Birthday!
      08-12-2023, 05:46 AM   #8465
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Quote:

Bonne Fête!
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11091.00
      08-15-2023, 10:53 AM   #8466
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I confess to not being impressed, but the County Fair just left town. They deep fry all kinds of sheet, including Oreos. The pancake batter is a twist, but they didn't give you syrup????
      02-07-2024, 03:06 PM   #8467
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Cancer sucks!

I don't know if I posted in the forums, but 4 years ago my niece was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It was a month after her sweet 16. She's fine now, thank God.

While she was undergoing Chemo, she met a little boy with some rare cancer. He was only 3 years old. My sister and my niece kept in touch with the boy and his family. He passed away today. He was 7 years old.

To quote Marlo Thomas, no child should die from cancer. Rest in Peace sweet Donald.
Buug95916835.00
vreihen1614885.00
rebekahb3128.50
      02-07-2024, 03:14 PM   #8468
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Cancer sucks!

I don't know if I posted in the forums, but 4 years ago my niece was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It was a month after her sweet 16. She's fine now, thank God.

While she was undergoing Chemo, she met a little boy with some rare cancer. He was only 3 years old. My sister and my niece kept in touch with the boy and his family. He passed away today. He was 7 years old.

To quote Marlo Thomas, no child should die from cancer. Rest in Peace sweet Donald.
Sad to hear. Poor little guy. 😔

Yes, cancer sucks a big one!

Glad your niece is better.
      02-07-2024, 10:33 PM   #8469
g21
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M340T M550i EV6GT

wanting an M5
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 11:28 PM   #8470
e90tt335i