BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > interior:creaky(rare but annoying)-hot weather/silent-cold weather

10-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

interior:creaky(rare but annoying)-hot weather/silent-cold weather

hello everyone,i am at it again.
Some of you may now me and my constant battle with the interior of the vehicle.(most known for my recent victory against the creaky window seal) We have been through many hardships together,fought many creaks and rattles and won! Now i am at the final stages of my quest for a dead silent interior,after using miles of felt and tucking/sticking it into every gap i could find (ofc so it would fit seemlessly i have made the interior as quiet as a mouse,wonderful journey this was

And now lets get down to business.

-----During the night the plastics are dead silent-----

-----During the day (warm day) i can hear small creaks (as in a pop) from certain plastics (steering wheel cover+central vents~) this i presume happens because the plastic which is hot comes into contact with cold air(AC)-------[it only does it 1-2 times and then goes away)

Any ideas on how to deal with this?
felt?felt+even better tints(getting nano-ceramic front side tints really soon)
change the darn plastic?change the plastic and felt the new one and stick it in? Drive the car only during the night?

Any AC tips and tricks so that it doesnt blow air as cold as it does but stil not hot?

This is the last stage,otherwise everything else has been dealt with and it is awesome
Daewoo Nubira II

Last edited by emil111; 10-29-2018 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil111 View Post
-----During the night the plastics are dead silent-----
Asleep, of course. Keep quiet.

Quote:
-----During the day (warm day) i can hear small creaks (as in a pop) from certain plastics (steering wheel cover+central vents~) this i presume happens because the plastic which is hot comes into contact with cold air(AC)
Complaining!

Quote:
Any ideas on how to deal with this?
Sure: BMW earplugs. I have them but I haven't used them - can't recommend. They've ceased production for your ultimate convenience anyway though.

Quote:
getting nano-ceramic front side tints really soon
This should definitely keep both night darkness off and girls from fainting when they see you driving by.

Quote:
Drive the car only during the night?
I do. No complaints. (Well, I miss some daylight though. )

Quote:
Any AC tips and tricks so that it doesnt blow air as cold as it does but stil not hot?
Use the temperature knob(s) to set(/request) a comfort temperature. You just need a warm engine first (and that's not easy with a diesel - or do you have that electric cabin warmer helper - yours might be not a hot climate version having front seats heating?). Turning the air cooling function off until you do have it warm could help if you had a manual AC but as yours is automatic you should simply keep it in auto mode.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #3
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post

This should definitely keep both night darkness off and girls from fainting when they see you driving by.

Use the temperature knob(s) to set(/request) a comfort temperature. You just need a warm engine first (and that's not easy with a diesel - or do you have that electric cabin warmer helper - yours might be not a hot climate version having front seats heating?). Turning the air cooling function off until you do have it warm could help if you had a manual AC but as yours is automatic you should simply keep it in auto mode.
i will henceforth try to use the auto function of the AC(i usually put it on 18-20C on first position-a few squares on blue-maybe thats why it comes out so cold )

and yes new tints are a must,especially now that i have stylish alloy wheels
Daewoo Nubira II
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 04:43 PM   #4
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
i will henceforth try to use the auto function of the AC(i usually put it on 18-20C on first position-a few squares on blue-maybe thats why it comes out so cold )
Actually the reason why it shoots a portion of cold air is the difference between your cabin temperature and the setting it tries to eliminate ASAP: see the handbook, page 118. To prevent that from happening (in the auto mode) leave the setting(s) high enough before switching the car off to go. I have a manual AC now, but in my previous car (not a BMW) I had to play with it's auto climate quite a lot, so I failed to appreciate the auto climate function.

The point behind my suggestion was some people might avoid using the cooling and the heating in the car simultaneously taking the cooling as if it were a home refrigerator to be harmed by heating. It's so wrong of course. Careless cooling can lead to a cold.
Appreciate 0