BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Post pics of your garage wall swag

07-22-2019, 12:03 PM   #45
hybrid_eg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '90 S13, '17 F85, '18 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
This x1000. I set this ground rule with my wife the day we moved into our home. Fridge (for beer) and a shoe locker are literally the only non-vehicle or tool related objects in my garage. The snow blower gets a pass too for 3-4 months out of the year. I have a 8x12 shed out back for lawn equipment and other junk I don't want in the garage.
That would be nice, just no shed out the back.. although I'm the garage gatekeeper the workshop bay is off limits to everyone and is enough room for me to do my stuff The remaining part of garage can have all the family goodies from sport equipment to kids bikes, scooters you name it but of course in maximum organized fashion. I just put some of my old license plates as swag (not pictured).

Appreciate 3
CP911735.00

07-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #46
Rewted
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
That would be nice, just no shed out the back.. although I'm the garage gatekeeper the workshop bay is off limits to everyone and is enough room for me to do my stuff The remaining part of garage can have all the family goodies from sport equipment to kids bikes, scooters you name it but of course in maximum organized fashion. I just put some of my old license plates as swag (not pictured).

Would love to see more of the garage and how it ties into the house if you're willing to share.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #47
hybrid_eg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The garage ties well with rest of the house. Without attaching exterior pics, this is a custom two story design w/attached garage on a rectangular corner lot. Both interior and exterior feature transitional design elements. Instead of going with aluminum cabinets such as moduline or similar and to avoid an industrial feel, opted to use similar finishes to inside. (Face frame flush inset cabinetry, paint grade shaker style panels w/designer hardware wrapped around 60" tool box and covered w/quartz counter top). Large row of cabinets on the left is also housing water filtration system and air compressor with lines running between floor joists to quick connect in the ceiling that attaches to a reel mounted on the lift. Aluminum slat-wall on remaining walls for maximum use of space/organization.

Pic of garage without the lift before move in.

Appreciate 3
wdb1456.50
omasou936.00

07-22-2019, 05:53 PM   #48
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
T
I like the racks above the garage door and on the wall. can those hold tires and where did you buy the racks from...thanks!
~F90Conversion~CFBumperSplitters~CFLowerSplitters~ 21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCFRearSpoiler~3dCFSideSkirtExtensions~DTMCFDiffu ser~CFRearSplitters~CFEmblems~LedermanzWheel~Shado wlineKit~CFDoubleSlatGrills~WstyleCFRoofSpoiler~M4 CFMirrorCovers~MeisterschaftEVC90mmQuadExhaust~CFT ipCovers~KWV1Coilovers~MPedals~G2GoldCalipers~35%T inT~
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 05:59 PM   #49
hybrid_eg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

racks above the garage doors are "saferacks" they are cheap and work like a charm.. i brought them to 3/4" away from the door to maximize their storage capacity since garage door is 8'ft. If you decide to go this route, switch your garage opener to jackshaft configuration so you can run more shelving. I originally wired the ceiling for power racks, this way you can bring items down on a push of a button, but how infrequently i get stuff from the racks it really didnt make sense spending 5K on racks when safe-racks were less than 1K installed.

The inverted shelves on the wall inside are from "ProSlat", i dont think they sell these anymore but i'm sure there are companies out there that sell exact same ones.. they can hold a lot of weight..

Last edited by hybrid_eg; 07-22-2019 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2019, 06:55 PM   #50
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
racks above the garage doors are "saferacks" they are cheap and work like a charm.. i brought them to 3/4" away from the door to maximize their storage capacity since garage door is 8'ft. If you decide to go this route, switch your garage opener to jackshaft configuration so you can run more shelving. I originally wired the ceiling for power racks, this way you can bring items down on a push of a button, but how infrequently i get stuff from the racks it really didnt make sense spending 5K on racks when safe-racks were less than 1K installed.

The inverted shelves on the wall inside are from "ProSlat", i dont think they sell these anymore but i'm sure there are companies out there that sell exact same ones.. they can hold a lot of weight..
I like how your garage door is black on the inside. looks clean than the typical white. I may do this to change things up
~F90Conversion~CFBumperSplitters~CFLowerSplitters~ 21"3Piece AlphaForgedWheels~BMSgoldTitaniumLugz~ 3dCFRearSpoiler~3dCFSideSkirtExtensions~DTMCFDiffu ser~CFRearSplitters~CFEmblems~LedermanzWheel~Shado wlineKit~CFDoubleSlatGrills~WstyleCFRoofSpoiler~M4 CFMirrorCovers~MeisterschaftEVC90mmQuadExhaust~CFT ipCovers~KWV1Coilovers~MPedals~G2GoldCalipers~35%T inT~
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #51
Grip Addict
Payer of ///M Tax
Rep
Drives: ///M3

reviving
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 06:28 AM   #52
cb804
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340 xDrive, M2C

I don't have any before pictures of the garage... but paint and flooring make a big improvement.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
hybrid_eg223.00