BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Adaptive LEDs

09-19-2017, 10:20 AM   #45
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
What hardware? The previous technology of using fog lights with regular non-adaptive headlights?
But M135/140i don't have fog lights. My 2013 catalogue describes Adaptive Headlights as including turning elements (besides the cornering fog lights of limited availability) and speed adjustment as well.

A deeper look into the current UK configurator mentioned before discovers Selective Beam included into the 3 Series "Icon" but not mentioned for the M140i. The video is the same, just lacking a disclaimer. Even a deeper look than that discovers 2 Series Adaptive Headlights sharing the 3 Series description header and the 1 Series text, video is consistent, the price stands on top of both and Kiwi clarifies.

So what's there to be coded? This

looks nothing like this

. It rather reminds me of a thread where a F20 LCI Adaptive Headlights owner was complaining of a black hole between the always spread beams, annoying to stare into. He never mentioned he had coded for it though.

Last edited by No one; 09-19-2017 at 11:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 04:03 AM   #46
JovanUK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '17 M4 F83 CP, '18 M140i SHA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMad View Post
On the F30 you need the road sign camera. The HBA camera isn't enough for the beam splitting.

My M140i has the road sign camera plus HBA. I'm asking if it can be coded since the relevant hardware is present on the car and if so, what do I code.

Icon LED 100% isn't available as a factory option on the 1 Series.
Hi BimmerMad, i also have a m140i with road sign camera and adaptive LED from factory (2018 Model Year). Did you find out a way to code the full icon adaptive function? I really want this and am surprised bmw didnt offer it when they did for the 2 series LCI.

Kind regards
Jovan
Appreciate 0