BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > iOS 6 Bluetooth MAP Profile & Office Functions in Pro Nav

06-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #23
gtkow
Rep
Drives: X3 20D F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by falco953 View Post
yeah, you have to enter the bluetooth options in the telephone menu. there you can activate office. when you then goto office in the idrive and the contact list appears you have to swipe left and you can select messages if your iPhone is connected via bluetooth.

i have the radio pro, the big bluetooth thing and the snap in. it only works when you're iPhone is connected via bluetooth I think and its a little bit buggy, perhaps because iOS 6 is a early beta.
You activate office in car or iPhone?
I have a 3GS you think that is not working?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #24
falco953
Rep
Drives: F20

Garage List
2012 BMW F20  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtkow View Post
You activate office in car or iPhone?
I have a 3GS you think that is not working?
in car..

3gs, good question, it should because the 3gs gets iOS6 and apple doesn't mention on its homepage that the 3gs isn't getting bluetooth MAP support. but i don't know.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #25
misanty
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D GT

I have just got it working - it seems a little buggy and has its own little quirks - notifications which are received or displayed once the iPhone has connected and whilst it is not being used (I.e locked) get sent to the iDrive and appear as little envelopes whilst using Nav etc; you can read them by going into office - messages; it doesn't discriminate, anything which is a notification gets displayed - i'll pop up some screen shots when I get to a pc.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #26
gtkow
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by falco953 View Post
in car..

3gs, good question, it should because the 3gs gets iOS6 and apple doesn't mention on its homepage that the 3gs isn't getting bluetooth MAP support. but i don't know.
Thank's for the answer.
can you explain me how do you activate office in car?

And "misanty" you have an iPhone 4 or 3gs?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #27
misanty
United Kingdom
Rep

Here is a screenshot of what I got to work yesterday; my config is iPhone 4s w/ iOS6 and the car spec is mentioned in a previous post to this topic. I upgraded the bluetooth firmware as per the previous posts and then re-paired my phone.

If you have a 3Gs it would be very interesting to see if MAP is offered for that on iOS6 - there is no reason why technically is shouldn't work but apple have a habit of restricting updates to older devices to encourage churn. If you have a developer account (or know someone who does) all you need to do is generate a certificate for your phone and send you the update file.

As with a lot of these things, this feature is beta and I would hope they do some more work on it before it gets to prime time - they don't appear to follow the MAP standard very closely and with a bit more work it could be great.

I spent 5 hours in my car yesterday travelling to and from a meeting and it was nice to see notifications come in from my phone.

The screenshot below shows 3 notifications; the first one was a calendar reminder whilst the second came from a game which is installed on my phone. The third notification was an address push from the BMW app on my iPhone.

All the notifications I have seen so far show (Sender Unknown) which is a bit annoying rather than the source email / phone number or application. You can click on a notification and read it aloud using the iDrive.

If there is anything in particular you would like to try please let me know and I'll have a go.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 03:00 AM   #28
gtkow
Rep

Thank's a lot misanty!!!!
I'll try another time but the last time it dosen't work

I have see that you have more option than me
you have this :
6NL Enhanced Bluetooth with USB Audio
6NF Telephone USB I/F
6NR Mobile App
And I have also the
6NK ANBINDUNG BLUETOOTH- UND USB-GERAET (Bluetooth with USB Audio)
I'll try and I come back
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #29
gtkow
Rep

I come back!
And definitly with the 3gs it dosen't work

I have try with my old Sony ericsson W995 and it working like a charme but with my 3gs nothing...!!

If anyone can confirm?
This is my configuration
iPhone 3 GS
iOS 6 beta 1
option 6NK with nav pro

Thank's at all and sorry for spamming
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #30
1thomas
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M539

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [10.00]
Wait what? You tried your W995 with iOS6? Or with Bluetooth map?

No more 1-series. Just a '14 Focus Diesel Wagon company-daily. Oh and this one..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #31
gtkow
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1thomas View Post
Wait what? You tried your W995 with iOS6? Or with Bluetooth map?
W995 with iOS6

I have try W995 with bluetooth MAP --> Work fine
I have try 3GS iOS6 with bluetooth (MAP????) --> Dosen't work
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #32
misanty
United Kingdom
Rep

Humm

I'm not sure what the user experience is with the W995, but there is a sure fire way (or at least I think it is) of seeing whether the iPhone is sending its notifications properly.

Pair the phone with the car and in the bluetooth menu make sure messages are checked (i think you need to do it on the phone and in the general bluetooth options). You get to this with the options button whilst the phone is highlighted in the bluetooth menu.

With another phone, dial the iphone and then hangup with the phone you are dialing from without answering with the car or iPhone.

I then got an envelope Icon on the display and when I went into telephone->messages I had a missed call notification (although it didn't say who it was from??)..

It seems there are still some kinks to be worked through - but it seems that notifications on the iPhone appear as messages in iDrive
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 06:41 AM   #33
gtkow
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by misanty View Post
Humm

I'm not sure what the user experience is with the W995, but there is a sure fire way (or at least I think it is) of seeing whether the iPhone is sending its notifications properly.

Pair the phone with the car and in the bluetooth menu make sure messages are checked (i think you need to do it on the phone and in the general bluetooth options). You get to this with the options button whilst the phone is highlighted in the bluetooth menu.

With another phone, dial the iphone and then hangup with the phone you are dialing from without answering with the car or iPhone.

I then got an envelope Icon on the display and when I went into telephone->messages I had a missed call notification (although it didn't say who it was from??)..

It seems there are still some kinks to be worked through - but it seems that notifications on the iPhone appear as messages in iDrive
Hi,

I have try your tips but it doesn't work... I think that it's a restriction of 3GS... I have posted on developer forum of Apple but nobody know if MAP features work on 3GS

thank's for your help
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #34
dubman
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125iM

Some more info here:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708606
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:35 AM   #35
misanty
United Kingdom
Rep

I have just upgraded to iOS 6 Beta 3; things have moved on somewhat with the MAP support. A sender name is now included in the sender field and much more content is now included in the message (the previous incarnation used to just have 'Loading..' in the email content).

It still doesn't differentiate between SMS, emails and App Notifications but it is a whole lot more functional than the previous variant; this actually makes the office function something which is useful.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #36
did75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 f48 x1 xline (eu spec)

Hello all,

i was wondering if apple improved the stereo bluetooth protocol, or more specifically the AVRCP part (which control audio transport, playlists, etc).

Latest one (v1.4) of this protocol allows bluetooth browsing of music library whereas currently with iOS 5.x we only have play/pause prev/next (at least on my f20 with professional nav and all hi tech goodies)

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #37
Patrick BMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Garage List
2016 BMW 430iAM-Sport  [0.00]
2012 125i  [9.00]
so i'm bimbling along at high speed down my local country lanes in Sport+ and my auto box switched to manual so I can play with the paddles.
I hear a bing that tells me I have a new email. BUMMER, its hard to type AND steer round bends AND change gears at the same time init :-)
... so like everybody else, I slow to about 15 mph while I reply to the message, knock off a few silly bicyclists and the odd stray dog, then accelerate really hard to catch up to myself....
oops. was I ranting. SORRY

Point is, whats the point?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #38
Brenyaman
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: F20 120D Aut Urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick BMW View Post
so i'm bimbling along at high speed down my local country lanes in Sport+ and my auto box switched to manual so I can play with the paddles.
I hear a bing that tells me I have a new email. BUMMER, its hard to type AND steer round bends AND change gears at the same time init :-)
... so like everybody else, I slow to about 15 mph while I reply to the message, knock off a few silly bicyclists and the odd stray dog, then accelerate really hard to catch up to myself....
oops. was I ranting. SORRY

Point is, whats the point?
+1
Maybe the point is trying to arrive to your meeting before the e-mail you sent while stopped at the hard shoulder does...
Appreciate 0