BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Updating to larger screen - worth it?

08-02-2022, 01:09 AM   #1
PixI3
Rep
Drives: BMW I3

Garage List
2017 Bmw I3  [0.00]
Updating to larger screen - worth it?

Hi all,

I bought my car used, and the one thing I would have changed if I could is that it has the smaller screen with the large bezel.

Being new to car ownership, I did not realize this was not exactly an easy fix, and getting it changed for the larger model through the nearest BMW shop is not exactly cheap.

So before making any decisions I wanted to ask here, in case people have experience with upgrading their screens,

- Was it worth the effort or would you have skipped it in hindsight?
- Are there other options that also increase utility rather than just a straight update of screen size?
- is it possible to get additional smart features without tampering with the car/software?

I would love to hear opinions regardless of what car you have or how old, as this is more about the general is-it-worth-it feeling, but for info my car is a 2017 I3 so it does not have CarPlay for instance.

Our nearest BMW shop is also our service point, so where we take the car for service/repairs/checkups, if that makes a difference.
Appreciate 0