BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > F21 Esys coding gone wrong

05-24-2022, 05:48 PM   #1
adi.das67
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 F25

F21 Esys coding gone wrong

2014 BMW 1 series F21 116d

Hi all and I apologise if it is the wrong place to post this.
A long story short, changed the battery and looked to code in the battery class as the new one was 95AH instead of 90AH.
Anyway, once Esys started, connection successful, was in comfort mode and it read the FA, brought on all folders, read VCM, could see all modules with their CAFD files, etc.
As I am a newbie to this, whether the process was not properly shut down, connection interrupted or battery not fully charged, a second attempt to restart Esys, once VIN connected, next attempt to read the FA failed miserably, as the green bar loading just fills up, then starts again over and over. No error code given. The program won't shut down, had to restart laptop and same after another attempt. I am rather frightened that I messed up big time. The car does start, however hope it won't bring up various gremlins, etc.
A kind plea for any help.
Much appreciated

Adrian
Appreciate 0