BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New Member

04-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep
Drives: 118i M Sport, Alpine White

Garage List
Cool New Member & New 118i M Sport

Hi everyone I have been looking at this site for quite a while but have only joined today.

For the past 4.5 years I have been driving a 3 door 120i M Sport in Le Mans Blue but on 28 March 2012 I took delivery of my new 5 door 118i M Sport in Alpine White. I always loved my previous car (and previous to that my 5 door 120i Sport in Graphite Grey) but the new model is a great improvement and the performance of the turbo engine is fantastic.

Photos of my new motor can be seen on my profile page.

Last edited by skippy88; 04-09-2012 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Brenyaman
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: F20 120D Aut Urban

Welcome from another new member.
Any pics showing your F20??
M Sport & Alpine white must look terrific!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep

Garage List
Thumbs up 118i M Sport

Hi Brenyaman and thanks for your welcome note.

I haven't worked out yet how to add photos to message but there are some on my public profile if you would like to have a look and like you said I it does look great in white, but I would think that wouldn't I?

Last edited by skippy88; 04-06-2012 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
Brenyaman
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: F20 120D Aut Urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy88 View Post
Hi Brenyaman and thanks for your welcome note.

I haven't worked out yet how to add photos to message but there are some on my public profile if you would like to have a look and like you said I it does look great in white, but I would think that wouldn't I?
I've seen the pics on your profile. That colour certainly fits the F20, it looks amazing, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Congrats with a beautiful F20
Alpine White was the other choice I considered before ordering. I finally ended up with Black Sapphire, but no doubt AW suits the car perfect.
Also the nice M interior makes the traditional leather seats unneccesary. All in all the M package is a better investment than any other package
      04-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Lexybhoy1
Rep
Drives: VW Passat 2.0 TSI Sport

Your car is excellent pal, very nice pics too. I wanted to wait and buy a white F30 but the delivery date was months away. When it came time to pick the colour my wife said a white F30 is ok but "you're too old for a white 1 series" (37). I've now picked midnight blue but seeing yours make me regret my choice. Still, it hasn't arrived yet so maybe i'll be happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
MartinHattingh
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 XDrive 2.0i

Garage List
Wow, I thought mine looked nice in Alpine white, but the M version looks superb!

Amazing how the M bumper makes the headlamps look flatter and meaner. Nice car!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed View Post
Congrats with a beautiful F20
Alpine White was the other choice I considered before ordering. I finally ended up with Black Sapphire, but no doubt AW suits the car perfect.
Also the nice M interior makes the traditional leather seats unneccesary. All in all the M package is a better investment than any other package
Hi Superspeed, many thanks for your comments. I am thrilled with my new car and opposite to you I considered black but ended up with white, as you obviously know. Had leather seats in my last 2 cars but thought the alcantara/hexagon cloth in the M Sport looked good so went for that and glad I did as it looks and feels superb and nice to have a change.

The 640i is a great looking car and your looks really good in black.

Cheers mate
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #9
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexybhoy1 View Post
Your car is excellent pal, very nice pics too. I wanted to wait and buy a white F30 but the delivery date was months away. When it came time to pick the colour my wife said a white F30 is ok but "you're too old for a white 1 series" (37). I've now picked midnight blue but seeing yours make me regret my choice. Still, it hasn't arrived yet so maybe i'll be happy with it.
Hi there Lexybhoy and thanks very much for your comments.
I'm really pleased with my new motor and think it does look really good in white (if your wife thinks you are too old for white then there's no hope for me as I'm 59 but what the hec!!). I am sure yours will also look good in midnight blue but if you have changed your mind you may be able to amend your order; I did - originally ordered 120d but then decided to stick with petrol so changed to 118i albeit within 10 days of placing order.

In any event I am sure you will be pleased with your new car whatever the colour.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
skippy88
Private
Wales
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinHattingh View Post
Wow, I thought mine looked nice in Alpine white, but the M version looks superb!

Amazing how the M bumper makes the headlamps look flatter and meaner. Nice car!
Hi MartinHattingh, many thanks for your comments.

Your car looks good in white too but I agree that the headlights do blend in very well with the M Sport bumper and makes the car looks quite mean and agressive. I am thrilled with the F20 and surprised at how much better this car performs than my previous 120i version; the improved response particularly in "Sport Mode" obviously due to the twin turbo power.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
Lexybhoy1
Rep
Drives: VW Passat 2.0 TSI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy88 View Post
Hi there Lexybhoy and thanks very much for your comments.
I'm really pleased with my new motor and think it does look really good in white (if your wife thinks you are too old for white then there's no hope for me as I'm 59 but what the hec!!). I am sure yours will also look good in midnight blue but if you have changed your mind you may be able to amend your order; I did - originally ordered 120d but then decided to stick with petrol so changed to 118i albeit within 10 days of placing order.

In any event I am sure you will be pleased with your new car whatever the colour.

Cheers
Hi Skippy, i'd really like Estoril to be honest, but that would've meant getting the 116D M Sport instead of a 118D sport (company car limits) however i prefer more power than looks. In hindsight white might have been the one i should go for buy i'll enjoy detailing a dark colour car more than a white one. Man i'm sounding like an anorak !
Appreciate 0