BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > problem and suggestions.

02-22-2023, 06:27 PM   #1
Bmwowner21
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1 series 118d

Hello everyone, how you are good. I need some advice and thought I’d ask more experienced Bmw owners.

I purchased my m sport 118d ”15 plate” in 2021. I’ve had no problems until jan this year. I was driving the car as I was working and the “too much oil” light came on. I saw white amoke from my exhaust. It eventually disappeared but still got it in to my mechanic where he said they was hardly any oil left in it! I got the car in for a new sensor, oil drained and new filter. I took the car for a long drive at lowish revs. I then had white smoke again from the exhaust. I have called the mechanic to get it back in. I was driving back a few nights ago and the “not enough oil” light came on 🤦‍♂️ffs… anyway, it’s now in and he’s out in some DPF cleaner. one of mechanics is taking it home tonight on a long run to see how it goes. He sounds unsure to be honest.

I drive 112 miles 4 days a week with my job. It’s start/stop, short journeys. That’s 28 miles a day. On my days off I don’t really use it. I’m roughly using £30-£40 a week in fuel just for work. I own a house in NI and find that journey there and back cost £120 in fuel. I’m debating whether to buy a petrol or stick with the diesel. I drive like an old woman most days, but love a blast every now and again. I did have a stage 2 remap in 2021. I’m looking at the 120 and the 125. Not sure what the differences are?

I’m caustious over the cost of fuel but love having the power from the cars. So, what are your suggestions on my car and buying a new car. My 118d is a manual and would love the auto shadow edition. I’m stuck on what to do.

Thanks for reading.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 01:39 AM   #2
IJO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 116I F20

The white smoke may be fuel - it' seems to be using a lot and M47 diesel is very efficient as a rule.
Appreciate 0