BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > 2022 College Football Thread
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-06-2022, 08:35 AM   #111
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
9032
Rep
4,520
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
Hard Rock Stadium was rocking loud for about 1.5 quarters then it got real quiet. No better feeling then sucking the life out of the Canes crowd!

Happy with their preparation and execution this week. Need to carry the momentum into Syracuse game!
More like .5 quarter. At least tailgating was fun. Knew we wouldn’t be great this year, but never imagined we’d be this bad. We’ll see how much time it takes to turn things around.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 10:54 AM   #112
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
697
Rep
1,506
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
So who is going to beat Georgia?

Tenn needs to win out schedule convincingly and hope Georgia wins SEC championship. That should get them in playoffs.

TCU at Texas next weekend is big game.
Alabama can still beat Georgia but it won't get the chance so it will be either LSU or Ole Miss for the West with Ole Miss having to beat Alabama which I'd like to see but is unlikely. So here is the quandry with 2 slots for the SEC who takes the second slot? Will a 2-loss Alabama be allowed that slot which I think they deserve (4 points total from an undefeated season) even though I dislike Alabama.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 11:05 AM   #113
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
9032
Rep
4,520
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Alabama can still beat Georgia but it won't get the chance so it will be either LSU or Ole Miss for the West with Ole Miss having to beat Alabama which I'd like to see but is unlikely. So here is the quandry with 2 slots for the SEC who takes the second slot? Will a 2-loss Alabama be allowed that slot which I think they deserve (4 points total from an undefeated season) even though I dislike Alabama.
I think Alabama is out at this point. Only way for a 2-loss team to get in would be to win the conference, I think.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 3
tcphoto2786.50
GERMAN M33554.50
      11-07-2022, 12:59 PM   #114
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
697
Rep
1,506
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I think Alabama is out at this point. Only way for a 2-loss team to get in would be to win the conference, I think.
At this point yes but there are games left and the cfp may leave Bama within the top 10 with 3 PAC12 teams just ahead and a PAC12 championship game yet to be played. They have a chance to go in at #8.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 02:27 PM   #115
AlpineBoost
Lieutenant
AlpineBoost's Avatar
1150
Rep
572
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: May 2015
Location: GA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
It's still only 4 teams that make the playoffs for now. Bama's only hope would be to win out, for LSU to lose to both Arkansas and A&M, and then go on to win the SEC Championship.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM49031.50
      11-07-2022, 02:47 PM   #116
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
9032
Rep
4,520
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineBoost View Post
It's still only 4 teams that make the playoffs for now. Bama's only hope would be to win out, for LSU to lose to both Arkansas and A&M, and then go on to win the SEC Championship.
Yeah, just hard to see. LSU and Tennessee both need to lose again. Either Ohio State or Michigan probably need to lose at least twice. Clemson needs to lose again. Big 12 and PAC 12 champs need at least 2 losses. That’s to even consider Bama. They’d still be competing with some 2-loss conf champs and their best win would be Ole Miss. No 2-loss team has ever made playoffs and if one did, they would almost certainly need to win a conference or have some other extraordinary storyline. Just not their year this year (finally).
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2022, 03:42 PM   #117
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15907
Rep
9,192
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

With UCLA and then Notre Dame on the horizon, USC will will have AT LEAST 2 losses by the time we make the PAC-12 championship game. Even being a better team, conference rivalries always end up being disappointing for USC.
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 03:53 PM   #118
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
9032
Rep
4,520
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
With UCLA and then Notre Dame on the horizon, USC will will have AT LEAST 2 losses by the time we make the PAC-12 championship game. Even being a better team, conference rivalries always end up being disappointing for USC.
PAC has 3 one-loss teams and two two-loss teams. Chances are pretty good the conf champ will have no more than 2 losses and could be a one-loss conf champ.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 09:23 PM   #119
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
697
Rep
1,506
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineBoost View Post
It's still only 4 teams that make the playoffs for now. Bama's only hope would be to win out, for LSU to lose to both Arkansas and A&M, and then go on to win the SEC Championship.
Yes my bad, Bama's chance of making a 4 team playoff is slim to none. Too many things need to happen for that.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 10:36 AM   #120
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
697
Rep
1,506
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Georgia, Ohio State, TCU, and USC. Not a bad distribution before the 12-way starts.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 12:16 PM   #121
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15907
Rep
9,192
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Georgia, Ohio State, TCU, and USC. Not a bad distribution before the 12-way starts.
As an alumnus, I can say with a clear heart the USC does NOT belong there. UCLA was a rivalry game, but it shouldn't be that close.
With Notre Dame coming to town, we will very likely have 2 losses next weekend.
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 08:24 AM   #122
mookie45
Major
mookie45's Avatar
699
Rep
1,260
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brickell

iTrader: (4)

Very satisfied with my Noles. 8 wins so far! Let's close out the season with a bang against the Gators! 🏈🍢🍢
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 05:54 PM   #123
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
697
Rep
1,506
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
As an alumnus, I can say with a clear heart the USC does NOT belong there. UCLA was a rivalry game, but it shouldn't be that close.
With Notre Dame coming to town, we will very likely have 2 losses next weekend.
I think the way CFP positioned the rankings, they are saying we will take the Big10 and the SEC champion with the remaining 2 slots to either USC PAC12, TCU BIG12, or Clemson ACC depending on how they finish off their season. So USC can go in if they take care of Notre Dame decisively.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM49031.50
      11-23-2022, 06:57 PM   #124
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
9032
Rep
4,520
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
I think the way CFP positioned the rankings, they are saying we will take the Big10 and the SEC champion with the remaining 2 slots to either USC PAC12, TCU BIG12, or Clemson ACC depending on how they finish off their season. So USC can go in if they take care of Notre Dame decisively.
USC is well positioned and control their destiny for the most part if they can win last 2 games. Biggest threat would seem to be if LSU shockingly beats UGA in the SEC conf championship and makes it in as the first 2 loss team. UGA would still get in + Big 10 champ, leaving only one spot. But if UGA wins SEC, I think 1-loss PAC12 champ USC would get in over Clemson or 1-loss Big 10 runner up.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 08:53 AM   #125
mookie45
Major
mookie45's Avatar
699
Rep
1,260
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brickell

iTrader: (4)

What an epic matchup last night for my Noles. Need the stars to align for an Orange Bowl appearance!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 12:53 AM   #126
M3WC
Colonel
2389
Rep
2,670
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ...location...location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
USC is well positioned and control their destiny for the most part if they can win last 2 games. Biggest threat would seem to be if LSU shockingly beats UGA in the SEC conf championship and makes it in as the first 2 loss team. UGA would still get in + Big 10 champ, leaving only one spot. But if UGA wins SEC, I think 1-loss PAC12 champ USC would get in over Clemson or 1-loss Big 10 runner up.
Agree USC wins Pac12 championship they are in. That will be their 5th top 25 opponent of the season, making it 3 ranked opponents in row.

LSU and Clemson are now done.

TCU or USC loses championship game, Ohio St could slip right back in there. They would definitely leap over 2 loss USC. But would the committee put them ahead of a 1 loss TCU...maybe. Ohio St got beat pretty handily, not a close game at all. If TCU losses but only by a few points or in overtime, I could see them still ranked ahead of Ohio St.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM49031.50
      11-27-2022, 08:48 AM   #127
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
9032
Rep
4,520
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Agree USC wins Pac12 championship they are in. That will be their 5th top 25 opponent of the season, making it 3 ranked opponents in row.

LSU and Clemson are now done.

TCU or USC loses championship game, Ohio St could slip right back in there. They would definitely leap over 2 loss USC. But would the committee put them ahead of a 1 loss TCU...maybe. Ohio St got beat pretty handily, not a close game at all. If TCU losses but only by a few points or in overtime, I could see them still ranked ahead of Ohio St.
I think UGA and Michigan are as near locks as they could be. I guess a loss in their conf championship would be bad, but who could leap over either? TCU and USC control their destiny. Agree that if TCU or USC lose their conf championship game, Ohio State could get in but they lost pretty badly yesterday. I think everyone else is out (including 2-loss Bama despite campaigning).
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 1
BMWILUVU696.50
      11-27-2022, 08:58 AM   #128
floridaorange
Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
6400
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

Fl vs Fl St was a great game - rewatch if you missed it.
__________________
Stage 2 BM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 02:13 PM   #129
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15907
Rep
9,192
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Last of the USC-ND game, I found myself routing for ND to get a TD.

Both brothers had parlays and picked the over

Utes are an easier game for USC, Oregon could have been a much more rivalry loss. When Williams comes out for the draft, he won't be running around from D-men who can't catch him, he won't be quite the superstar on Sundays.
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 09:56 PM   #130
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
9032
Rep
4,520
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Last of the USC-ND game, I found myself routing for ND to get a TD.

Both brothers had parlays and picked the over

Utes are an easier game for USC, Oregon could have been a much more rivalry loss. When Williams comes out for the draft, he won't be running around from D-men who can't catch him, he won't be quite the superstar on Sundays.
I think he needs one more year of college before he is eligible for the draft. That’s good for USC.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 10:50 AM   #131
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
697
Rep
1,506
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Looks like alot has happened. I think Bama should have #5 spot edge over Ohio imo. Michigan should handle Purdue and Georgia should take care of LSU. TCU and USC have dangerous championship games remaining. I think odds are good that one of them fails to deliver. The real question is who gets the #4 spot when that happens? I think Bama at 2 losses edges Ohio at 1 loss and is the most dangerous team outside the 4 spots and personally I would love to see Georgia face Bama. Those 2 Bama losses were by a few points at the last few seconds of the games to hero-ball QBs. Every year a controversy. Can't wait for the 12 team playoff format.

Last edited by BMWILUVU; 11-29-2022 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 02:02 PM   #132
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
9032
Rep
4,520
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Looks like alot has happened. I think Bama should have #5 spot edge over Ohio imo. Michigan should handle Purdue and Georgia should take care of LSU. TCU and USC have dangerous championship games remaining. I think odds are good that one of them fails to deliver. The real question is who gets the #4 spot when that happens? I think Bama at 2 losses edges Ohio at 1 loss and is the most dangerous team outside the 4 spots and personally I would love to see Georgia face Bama. Those 2 Bama losses were by a few points at the last few seconds of the games to hero-ball QBs. Every year a controversy. Can't wait for the 12 team playoff format.
Not so sure about that. They may have been closer games, but Bama has 2 losses and now those losses are to 2-loss and 3-loss teams. Ohio State has only one loss and it was to the #2 team. Bama's best win is Mississippi State or Texas. Ohio State has a win against a higher ranked Penn State. Never say never, but putting a 2-loss Bama in over a 1-loss Ohio State would be pretty unbelievable since a 2-loss team has never gotten in and it's not like Bama lost to UGA and Michigan.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST