BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Clicking relay sound in glove box but not a visible relay

10-15-2021, 01:38 PM   #1
salernod
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 323i

Clicking relay sound in glove box but not a visible relay

Hi guys. I have a 323i from 2010. Recently in started having an electrical issue.

When I turn on or turn off the car, I heard a clicking sound inside the glove box. I know we have the fuse box there. But I have checked all visible relays and the are not the ones making the sound. I have connected my mobile to the cigarette lighter, and when the clock sound start the power on the phone also starts flashing. So the clicking sound is affecting the cigarette lighter circuit. Even with everything disconnected I still have same sound. Checking inside the fuse box compartment I can feel the clicking coming from behind the fuse box. I’m planning to take the fuse box out tomorrow, but do you guys know what kind of relays sits behind the fuse box. I can’t find any reference to a relay behind the fuse box.

Thanks
Diego
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 02:00 PM   #2
DomMuc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

it is integrated in the fusebox.. not removeable without disassembling and taking apart the Fusebox and unsolder the relays

but anyway its normal that relays are clicking may you check the error memory first...
Appreciate 0