BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > F20 Head Unit iDrive Problem

01-13-2023, 05:09 PM   #1
nlan31993
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

F20 Head Unit iDrive Problem

I've been googling for ages and can't see that anyone has a similar issue to mine. The iDrive screen rebooted itself the other day whilst driving (i've had this previously and have replaced the battery which sorted until now) but since it rebooted itself, I am getting crackles on whatever I am playing and really distorted sound where the music slows right down and then suddenly speeds back up again like someone is editing the sound. It doesn't matter if I am running DAB, FM, External device or CD it does the same thing.

I've just updated the software as there was an update available, it is sounding ok at the moment but tends to get worse when I start to drive so unsure if this will solve it at the moment.

I have also noticed that the sounds of the car for example when you turn the ignition on with the door open and it beeps at you and also the parking sensors sound different almost like they are lower in tone.

Not sure if it's head unit failing. If anyone has any experience with their cars it would be much appreciated. I have a 2015 1 Series M Sport model F20
Appreciate 0