BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > 118i 2018 CarPlay

09-25-2022, 06:32 PM   #1
Nostrra
Registered
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i M Sport

118i 2018 CarPlay

Hey all,

After lurking and trying to pull together some answers from a bunch of threads I thought I'd just put a topic together.

I have a 2018 118i M Sport Shadow Edition that I'm considering adding CarPlay to in some capacity as annoyingly it can't be activated as standard.

I'm torn between an MMI or an android screen but wanted to throw some questions out there to figure out which is best, and get some thoughts from people who have done the upgrade.

1. What's the best MMI unit for the UK, I've seen the bimmer tech ones but they're rather expensive
2. Is there a bunch of wires that need transferring or is it fairly plug and play? I have the HK sound system in mine

Is the MMI the recommended route, or is an android screen better? Is there anyone with the same model car that I've got that's done it?

Appreciate There's a lot of random questions here, thanks in advance
Appreciate 0