BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Code Help: 1B0A21 rough road detection : no receive wheel speed

09-20-2020, 09:50 PM   #1
RMMAGA
Private
Rep
Drives: 120i

Code Help: 1B0A21 rough road detection : no receive wheel speed

HI guys I get these codes intermittently, then they just go away, its normally when I start the car they are there, then after time time they can go away, however they can also just appear when driving as well, just more common they are there when I start it

1F053C maximum acceleration exceeded
1B0A21 rough road detection : no receive wheel speed
1B0A64 vehicle speed, wheel sensor rear / left, plausibility: signal implausible

anyone get this before, I am guessing it is a bad wheel speed sensor at surprise the rear left, anyone had this happen to them? I also have custom tune, so I also wonder if it is related to the tune, however the way it happens intermittently it looks more like a HW issue to me

any advice on what goes wrong with the speed sensors, connections, or dirt or what? I do have KW coil overs, but do not think that would be related
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
RMMAGA
Private
Rep
Drives: 120i

FYI I change the sensor, it was only like 20 USD, so I just put in a new one in, there was some debris on the sensor, so likely I could have just cleaned it and it probably would have been OK, but I still put the new one one

2 days later, and so far no more codes and no issues so looks like that solved it

FYI the new and old sensor measured 2.6k Ohm, and is passive, or only 2 wire coil type sensor, so I am pretty sure my sensor was fine and it just needed to be cleaned
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:14 PM   #3
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

How did you check at which wheel the sensor was bad/dirty?