BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

11-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #1915
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post
I eat 2 meals a day most of the time with a bunch of snacks mixed in b/c I can't help myself. I normally cook my dinners for the week on weekends so I can just heat shit up when I get home from work. I try to rarely have bread & pasta these days. Maybe I'll just have a spoon of peanut butter in the morning then. I gotta stop eating so much candy, that's my main problem. Eating out of boredom & I also eat my feelings. Not to mention baking is a hobby, but none of that shit is good for me.
If you havve the metabolism to burn that stuff off and aren't over weight then I'm jealous. I can look at french fry and somehow absorb the fat through sight.

Getting in the gym has been great for me. It occupies my downtime and makes me think twice before I eat out of boredom or just because I want to eat something. It really makes you not want to eat junk as you have to work twice as hard to burn it off. I was amazed to find out that 20 minutes on a treadmill only burns off the calories equivalent to one can of soda.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #1916
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Yup, eating one meal a day is the worst thing you can do. Your body goes into starvation mode basically and your metabolism slows way down.
oh shit...
i usually have time to eat once a day and it's killing me because it's generally not good food

I really, really need to get back to cooking and eating better...

Quote:
Yeah I have that problem too, particularly today..

Grocery shopping is key. If sugar is in the house, I will want it, and snack on it. I used to be really bad about having candy in my desk drawer too. Buying only healthy food that still tastes good is what makes the difference. I happen to like vegetables, so a simple stir fry with steamed vegetables, rice, and chicken is my go-to.

I usually eat these for lunch:

are they good? as much as I don't like the idea of frozen (??) dinners i'll give it shot
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #1917
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
I eat 2 meals a day most of the time with a bunch of snacks mixed in b/c I can't help myself. I normally cook my dinners for the week on weekends so I can just heat shit up when I get home from work. I try to rarely have bread & pasta these days. Maybe I'll just have a spoon of peanut butter in the morning then. I gotta stop eating so much candy, that's my main problem. Eating out of boredom & I also eat my feelings. Not to mention baking is a hobby, but none of that shit is good for me.
Cookies, candy, muffins, all that stuff is my weakness.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      11-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #1918
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
If you havve the metabolism to burn that stuff off and aren't over weight then I'm jealous. I can look at french fry and somehow absorb the fat through sight.

Getting in the gym has been great for me. It occupies my downtime and makes me think twice before I eat out of boredom or just because I want to eat something. It really makes you not want to eat junk as you have to work twice as hard to burn it off. I was amazed to find out that 20 minutes on a treadmill only burns off the calories equivalent to one can of soda.
HAng on let s go back a bit how much hours a night do you sleep?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 12:06 PM   #1919
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
oh shit...
i usually have time to eat once a day and it's killing me because it's generally not good food

I really, really need to get back to cooking and eating better...

are they good? as much as I don't like the idea of frozen (??) dinners i'll give it shot

They are very good. I was quite surprised for frozen dinners. I used to eat crappy in college because I could (fast metabolism) and would never gain weight, but I notice now that eating healthier not only goes hand in hand with working out at the gym, but I feel better overall.

Appreciate 1
      11-13-2018, 12:06 PM   #1920
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
im really, really leaning on my body to survive through college tbh
caffeine and nicotine don't do me good AND the study buddies i take with a sprinkle of high functioning alcoholism with a hint of malnutrition... i don't gain weight but i also know soon that's going to stop once i grow older :I

if i make it to 45-50 i'm buying everyone i know a round
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #1921
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Where in my statement of "You'll see how evil they really are" did I say all?

Now we're going to play Dr Phil & A) Assume I have a type B) Tell me what my type is.

Congrats, you could not be more wrong & how do you know what decisions I have made in my life?! Also, aren't you single as well?

Baby, we're all damaged goods in one way or another. Careful w/that glass house.
You took me way wrong....Maybe I said it wrong. It's sad that every women you have had a relationship with screwed you. You are justified in being jaded. My point was, maybe it's the type of women you chose? I'm not trying to be Dr. Phil. And maybe I did see ALL. So sorry. Did not mean to offend.

Me - I married at 23. I signed my divorce papers two months after what would have been my 21st anniversary. I took the till death part of my vows seriously. Should have bailed long before that. I made a bad choice and chose to live with it until I couldn't anymore. I swore off men for many years. But I learned from that mistake. Current man is a good man. 8 years in, engaged.

Yes boys, do the math. I'm old enough to be your mother.
Appreciate 5
bimmette6452.50
King Rudi13152.00
      11-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #1922
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
im really, really leaning on my body to survive through college tbh
caffeine and nicotine don't do me good AND the study buddies i take with a sprinkle of high functioning alcoholism with a hint of malnutrition... i don't gain weight but i also know soon that's going to stop once i grow older :I

if i make it to 45-50 i'm buying everyone i know a round

Nope, that won't help you at all. I'd bet money that if you started eating healthy you would feel much better and actually do better in classes. I rarely drink now, and started drinking decaf coffee. It sucked for the first week or so, but then I actually had less anxiety.

Appreciate 1
      11-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #1923
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
You took me way wrong....Maybe I said it wrong. It's sad that every women you have had a relationship with screwed you. You are justified in being jaded. My point was, maybe it's the type of women you chose? I'm not trying to be Dr. Phil. And maybe I did see ALL. So sorry. Did not mean to offend.

Me - I married at 23. I signed my divorce papers two months after what would have been my 21st anniversary. I took the till death part of my vows seriously. Should have bailed long before that. I made a bad choice and chose to live with it until I couldn't anymore. I swore off men for many years. But I learned from that mistake. Current man is a good man. 8 years in, engaged.

you ARE as old as my mother
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #1924
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nope, that won't help you at all. I'd bet money that if you started eating healthy you would feel much better and actually do better in classes. I rarely drink now, and started drinking decaf coffee. It sucked for the first week or so, but then I actually had less anxiety.
yeah it's slowly killing me and I know that...
I started working out because one of my friends referred me to a personal trainer kinda guy (he sends me work out schedules and i've actually gained strength) but I really, really need on the sleep more/eat better train

i have a cup of coffee a day tops which isn't terrible and it isn't a daily affair, but nicotine is and i basically get the equivalent of a pack of cigs a day; when it's midterm/final season i'm basically on a lot of caffeine, nicotine and basically legal meth in the form of adderall...
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2018, 12:13 PM   #1925
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:

you ARE as old as my mother
But you're 20.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 12:15 PM   #1926
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
But you're 20.
For the 35th time...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #1927
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
But you're 20.
For the 35th time...
?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #1928
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
?
I turned 20 in 1983.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #1929
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
?
I turned 20 in 1983.
Sure, but BMW is 20. Anyone here is old enough to be his parent.
Appreciate 1
      11-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #1930
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yeah it's slowly killing me and I know that...
I started working out because one of my friends referred me to a personal trainer kinda guy (he sends me work out schedules and i've actually gained strength) but I really, really need on the sleep more/eat better train

i have a cup of coffee a day tops which isn't terrible and it isn't a daily affair, but nicotine is and i basically get the equivalent of a pack of cigs a day; when it's midterm/final season i'm basically on a lot of caffeine, nicotine and basically legal meth in the form of adderall...
Yup, working out is only part of the equation. If you don't eat right/sleep enough then all it will do is make you tired, which also impacts your immune system.

Nicotine and other "drugs" compounds that.

Appreciate 1
      11-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #1931
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm 28. She could be my mom also.

Appreciate 2
      11-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #1932
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
My bad, I thought you were responding to me. I didn't have to out myself as an old lady...Damn
Appreciate 3
      11-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #1933
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
My bad, I thought you were responding to me. I didn't have to out myself as an old lady...Damn
You didn't

ITT nobody is old, nobody is young.

We're all sharing our experiences no matter how long ago they happened.
Appreciate 2
nyalpine907380.00
King Rudi13152.00
      11-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #1934
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
HAng on let s go back a bit how much hours a night do you sleep?
5-6 I know I need to be sleeping more.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      11-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #1935
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I swore off men for many years.
Anyone else hear the tires screeching in my head?

I'm only playing.

My first marriage was the same way. I should have left years before I did. the deciding factor on my end is that when it got to where it didn't matter how hard I worked to provide a better life for our family and still couldn't get ahead because of how she was and that it was directly affecting my children is when I when I started loading the canon.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      11-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #1936
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Anyone else hear the tires screeching in my head?

Tires screeching is my ringtone on sweetie's phone.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
upstatedoc7555.50