BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Price Increases For Vehicles Produced Starting January 2022

12-05-2021, 02:08 PM   #23
SpeedyATL
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Garage List
2015 Yamaha FZ-09  [10.00]
2018 BMW S1000XR   [9.83]
2018 BMW R1200RT  [10.00]
2023 BMW X4  [7.88]
2022 BMW Z4  [9.78]
Bmw is selling every car they make with little to no incentives except the highest volume units (330, x3).

They just reported significant net profit increases, as did mb. They also said they will manage production volumes going forward to keep inventory levels lower than prior to covid so they can keep incentives low and margins high.

The dealers in my area (Atlanta) are killing it as well. My CA told me his dealership is up in unit sales over 2019 and as we all know, most sales are happening at msrp, well over their 2019 average margin.

I think the folks suffering are the new CAs without a big book of clients. Otherwise I'm not crying for any of these folks. The small market dealers may not be doing as well, i don't have a point of reference for them.

The dealers that are selling over msrp should face a long term lose of customer base. I will never buy from anyone marking cars up over msrp. They are taking orders and inventorying next to nothing. Msrp is a huge margin for filling out a few forms, waiting for a car to come in and cashing a check.

Last edited by SpeedyATL; 12-05-2021 at 02:27 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-06-2021, 11:00 PM   #24
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
But BMW has already increased their per vehicle profit by reducing / eliminating incentives for most models in the past year or so. This mid year price bump is pure greediness to increase their revenue.
At some point next year BMW and the others will need to sell more cars or permanently lose their #1 ranking (in US and China) to Tesla. Unless of course BMW or Mercedes no longer care about their sales leadership (which till now they have been) and focus on profitability like Porsche. So far BMW has definitely handled their supply chain much better than Audi or MB - by a long shot.

https://www.torquenews.com/15475/tes...ds-usa-q3-2021
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 12:33 PM   #25
MOTOP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2018 Raptor

I had to stop by Galaxy Toyota in Eatontown (NJ) today for a moment.
First time stop at a dealership since i picked up by truck earlier this year.

It's depressing.
Not a single car in the showroom. The lady at the desk said "everything is sold out". She added that the truck that came in today in the morning has been "sold out" too. :-)

Some lonely old fart, prob salesman, roaming and yawning on the floor, said that later this week "a Prius is coming" and someone had paid $20k markup for it. Probably bullshit, but i was really surprised by the lull. Freakin desert island.

BMW dealer was right the next door on Rt-35. I did not bother. Probably the same depressing picture.

They say that the shortages are over. Yeah, over my fat ass.
I'll wait for Cybertruck...will be 5 years till it comes alive with this "tank mode".
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 01:40 PM   #26
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie335 View Post
Well they better not remove the touch screens, power seats, wireless charging etc if they plan on raising prices again. A fully optioned M340i is almost 84k CDN without HST as it is. Thats pricey - another 1500 on top while yanking options customers have ordered is a invitation to walk away from the deal.
It's working for Tesla. Remove items like Homelink, radar sensors, adjustable passenger lumbar, etc and jack up the prices monthly.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 10:14 PM   #27
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Pretty shocking prices for some of these cars, but glad to know that list is in CAD.

These dealers have gotten cocky. I stopped by a BMW center on a quiet sunday morning after Thanksgiving. They literally only had two CPO 2019 M4s in their gigantic showroom. Nobody came and asked if we needed help. I asked a guy if they had any new 2-series coupes around and he brushed me off saying "we don't and if we did they are already sold" and walked away. Lo behold, their website showed two examples in stock. He just didn't want to give me an ounce of his time.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 08:16 AM   #28
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I asked a guy if they had any new 2-series coupes around and he brushed me off saying "we don't and if we did they are already sold" and walked away. Lo behold, their website showed two examples in stock. He just didn't want to give me an ounce of his time.
Not to defend their behavior but our website shows cars as in-stock that have yet to be built. The source of lots of confusion but it does help those looking for a specific car get the jump on something before it's sold to someone else by the time it arrives.

The shortage of new cars is real. We had one 230 that sold from stock and the rest are either taking their time on their scenic voyage from Mexico, or not yet completed. Most are sold. All are still on our website once they reach production status.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      12-10-2021, 02:29 PM   #29
Snave01
M'ber
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘22 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
This is bullshit. I should have had my car built in 2021 but It was kicked to 2022 because of parts. It wasn't my fault the car was delayed yet now I have to pay a higher MSRP?!
Could be if you agreed upon the price of the vehicle upon ordering, you may be able to retain that price. Worth the ask.
      12-10-2021, 05:37 PM   #30
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOP View Post
I had to stop by Galaxy Toyota in Eatontown (NJ) today for a moment.
First time stop at a dealership since i picked up by truck earlier this year.

It's depressing.
Not a single car in the showroom. The lady at the desk said "everything is sold out". She added that the truck that came in today in the morning has been "sold out" too. :-)

Some lonely old fart, prob salesman, roaming and yawning on the floor, said that later this week "a Prius is coming" and someone had paid $20k markup for it. Probably bullshit, but i was really surprised by the lull. Freakin desert island.

BMW dealer was right the next door on Rt-35. I did not bother. Probably the same depressing picture.

They say that the shortages are over. Yeah, over my fat ass.
I'll wait for Cybertruck...will be 5 years till it comes alive with this "tank mode".
I was in my dealership for maintenance and battery pack replacement and walked around the showroom. It was filled with new vehicles but they were all 330is and X3s. Nothing else.

I think they are selling everything else before it ever goes on the showroom floor.
Appreciate 0