BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

04-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #4071
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I have about 22 minutes. Here goes: I also consult and one of my clients needed an analysis about a satellite clinic and the acquisition of the building they are currently leasing. No problem. I call a friend, he does the analysis and sends it back in no time. It's a mid 7 figure acquisition. Not chump change. This is Tuesday.

The next day I'm at Ruth's Chris in a meeting and I see the biggest commercial broker in my area at the bar and ask him about valuations and such when he says, hold on. He whips out his phone, makes a call and says check your email in 10 minutes. You'll like this. His agent sends me a building that's slightly smaller, 250 meters away from the current building AND in distress. He tells me that I can get it for 8-10 cents on the dollar. At this point I go into high gear to put a package together, see the building on my own, arrange a walk through, speak with my client, the bank, EVERYTHING.

Also...during the last week she is moving which I help with minimally financially...less than 500 for supplies and ancillaries. She called me on the Wednesday and I shared with here what was occurring and she said congratulations let's speak later. I finally finish that work about 11 that evening and received a call from my parents...in their 80's that there is a leak in one of the guest bathrooms at their house. My dad shuts the water off and gives me a list of what will be needed to fix it and asks that I pick it up from HD in the morning. When I finally go to bed it's 1 AM.

I wake up at 5:30, exercise, coffee, dressed and at the Home Depot at 6:30. I go through the aisles picking up everything and check out when I receive a call from her. Here we go:

Her: Good morning what are you doing?
Me: I'm just leaving the Home Depot, my parents had a leak and I got the supplies to repair it now I'm taking it over there:
Her: Silence
Me: Hello, are you still there.
Her: Why didn't you call me last night? I wanted to video chat to speak about the move.
Me: I'm certain you remember that I have a large property acquisition moving quickly and when you add that to my parent's dilemma I couldn't get everything done. Is something wrong? Do you need help?
Her: (Yelling) I don't believe you. I think someone is over there. I think you are getting breakfast for you and them. I need you to take a picture of the receipts and the equipment with the date and time shown and send them to me now.
Me: I don't respond to this kind of anger and definitely not to threats. I am going to hang up and I enjoin you to get control of your negative emotions and call me back when you can speak civilly. I then hang up.

I then get about 20 pages of texts excoriating me on how bad I am and how many women I must be sleeping with whenever she is away.

I haven't responded to any of the texts and some of them are pretty bad.

I did leave a message on her phone sharing that I would box her things and send them back to her ASAP.

Single again.
Cheers-mk
MK, sorry to hear about this. Best to find out now and not after you've invested more time in the relationship though. I have to say, I was REALLY hoping you were going to say you texted her a selfie from the Home Depot parking lot, holding up a sign that says "You're a crazy bitch."

BTW, the first part of your post that relates to the work you are doing and the schedule you are holding, would be a good copy/paste edition to the popular "my life is stuck in neutral" thread as an example of what it takes to be highly successful. Unless you are born into royalty, it's hard ass work to create success and your post provides a brilliant glimpse into that.
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34171.50
      04-26-2019, 10:11 AM   #4072
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
^Hispanic???

I warned you, didn't I?????
I hate to stereotype, but yeah. Latinas. Yikes. So hot. So crazy.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      04-26-2019, 10:17 AM   #4073
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
i bet she sounded like this...
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
Soul_Glo13293.00
      04-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #4074
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I have about 22 minutes. Here goes: I also consult and one of my clients needed an analysis about a satellite clinic and the acquisition of the building they are currently leasing. No problem. I call a friend, he does the analysis and sends it back in no time. It's a mid 7 figure acquisition. Not chump change. This is Tuesday.

The next day I'm at Ruth's Chris in a meeting and I see the biggest commercial broker in my area at the bar and ask him about valuations and such when he says, hold on. He whips out his phone, makes a call and says check your email in 10 minutes. You'll like this. His agent sends me a building that's slightly smaller, 250 meters away from the current building AND in distress. He tells me that I can get it for 8-10 cents on the dollar. At this point I go into high gear to put a package together, see the building on my own, arrange a walk through, speak with my client, the bank, EVERYTHING.

Also...during the last week she is moving which I help with minimally financially...less than 500 for supplies and ancillaries. She called me on the Wednesday and I shared with here what was occurring and she said congratulations let's speak later. I finally finish that work about 11 that evening and received a call from my parents...in their 80's that there is a leak in one of the guest bathrooms at their house. My dad shuts the water off and gives me a list of what will be needed to fix it and asks that I pick it up from HD in the morning. When I finally go to bed it's 1 AM.

I wake up at 5:30, exercise, coffee, dressed and at the Home Depot at 6:30. I go through the aisles picking up everything and check out when I receive a call from her. Here we go:

Me: I'm just leaving the Home Depot, my parents had a leak and I got the supplies to repair it now I'm taking it over there:
Her: Why didn't you call me last night? I wanted to video chat to speak about the move.
Me: I'm certain you remember that I have a large property acquisition moving quickly and when you add that to my parent's dilemma I couldn't get everything done. Is something wrong? Do you need help?
Her: (Yelling) I don't believe you. I think someone is over there. I think you are getting breakfast for you and them. I need you to take a picture of the receipts and the equipment with the date and time shown and send them to me now.
Me: I don't respond to this kind of anger and definitely not to threats. I am going to hang up and I enjoin you to get control of your negative emotions and call me back when you can speak civilly. I then hang up.

I then get about 20 pages of texts excoriating me on how bad I am and how many women I must be sleeping with whenever she is away.

I did leave a message on her phone sharing that I would box her things and send them back to her ASAP.

Single again.
Cheers-mk
Very well handled sir. Craziness for sure but you handled this like a pro and a gentleman. Next!
Appreciate 4
nyalpine907384.50
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34171.50
      04-26-2019, 10:58 AM   #4075
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I have question for you gents. I am not on facebook, the girlfriend is. I have no idea what her facebook dwellings are like. She has acknowledged that she does get messages from random thirsty ass guys but she never responds. She has recently opened an instagram account and I have noticed the same guy starting to comment on her posts. At first it seemed harmless but today she posts a picture about smiling and how it shows the beauty of a soul. Within minutes homeboy posts the 100 emoji multiple times and then comments about how beautiful her smile is. I send him a message informing him that she has a boyfriend. Nothing crass, just a simple "Just a heads up, she has a boyfriend." He replies with "Oh okay, that's cool. I'm not being disrespectful we are just friends."

Is it wrong of me to send said message?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #4076
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I have question for you gents. I am not on facebook, the girlfriend is. I have no idea what her facebook dwellings are like. She has acknowledged that she does get messages from random thirsty ass guys but she never responds. She has recently opened an instagram account and I have noticed the same guy starting to comment on her posts. At first it seemed harmless but today she posts a picture about smiling and how it shows the beauty of a soul. Within minutes homeboy posts the 100 emoji multiple times and then comments about how beautiful her smile is. I send him a message informing him that she has a boyfriend. Nothing crass, just a simple "Just a heads up, she has a boyfriend." He replies with "Oh okay, that's cool. I'm not being disrespectful we are just friends."

Honestly its been 3 or 4yrs since i logged into my FB account. I dont have IG. I dont get the idea of having same people on both accounts. I gave up on social media. Apparently the guy likes your lady. Thats all I can gather without putting shit in your head.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 11:12 AM   #4077
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
Honestly its been 3 or 4yrs since i logged into my FB account. I dont have IG. I dont get the idea of having same people on both accounts. I gave up on social media. Apparently the guy likes your lady. Thats all I can gather without putting shit in your head.
Oh he clearly likes my lady. I don't feel that I have anything to worry about on my end with her, but I'm not going to have homeboy openly flirting with her on social media. He can find someone without a boyfriend to flirt with. This will save him knuckle dents in his skull as well.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2019, 11:13 AM   #4078
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

If you’re girl is attractive she is gonna get hit on by dudes online. If you trust her to be faithful then don’t waste your time with that shit.
Appreciate 6
King Rudi13152.00
nyalpine907384.50
Rmtt8206.00
      04-26-2019, 11:14 AM   #4079
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
If you’re girl is attractive she is gonna get hit on by dudes online. If you trust her to be faithful then don’t waste your time with that shit.
Noted
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #4080
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Oh he clearly likes my lady. I don't feel that I have anything to worry about on my end with her, but I'm not going to have homeboy openly flirting with her on social media. He can find someone without a boyfriend to flirt with. This will save him knuckle dents in his skull as well.
its upto her to put him in his place.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
bimmette6452.50
      04-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #4081
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
This, and it also tells your girl that you don't trust her/are insecure about the relationship.

It's going to happen no matter what, how you both deal with it can make a difference between an awesome relationship and one that goes south very fast.

If a guy hits on a girl I'm with, I've learned to take it as a compliment, as long as she doesn't escalate it or seem interested. We've all done the same, hit on a girl to find out she is dating someone or married lol.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
      04-26-2019, 11:30 AM   #4082
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:

Single again.
Cheers-mk

After 3 months of dating, her first assumption when you aren't spending every waking minute of the day with her is that you are cheating??

Some people are just so insecure. I dated a girl like that a number of years ago. At the job I had during that time I was not allowed to be on my phone, and everything was on video. She knew this but still accused me of stuff. She even went through my phone and computer (that was the last straw), and felt pretty dumb when she found absolutely nothing. I ended it and didn't feel bad, because I didn't appreciate that treatment.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      04-26-2019, 11:53 AM   #4083
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
its upto her to put him in his place.
This right here.

Remember the conversation on here about who holds the upper hand when it comes to be emotionally attached?

If you act on this or even show any interest...it shows her right away that you are pretty heavily invested.

Don't get me wrong....I'm not saying to be a "cold" person....but there are other ways to show her you care about her and escalating what that dumb ass is doing is not one of them!

You have sent him a message....that should be the end of it on your part. In the grand scheme of things, you stood up for your woman like any man would. Now it's up to her to do her part.

I don't have any social media....my wife does. And she is very quick to let anyone know that she isn't on the market. She has even volunteered this information to me a few times before. Mostly I ignore it and say something like..." Cool...Hopefully he can afford you!"

In the past it would lead into a conversation about how I would probably care less if she did leave...but now she knows it's just the way I am.

And for some odd reason...it makes her more possessive towards me.

Eventually she just made her account private.
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      04-26-2019, 12:00 PM   #4084
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

not wrong, but it's not something i'd do
thirsty ass dudes are everywhere man, these snakes will try to get in between. if you trust your girl (which i know you do) it won't do any harm to the relationship. it is annoying for sure. it's just a fact of life that these idiots will try to hide behind handles to drop the 100, fire and sometimes the water drops/eggplant emojis to "show intention" but given we all know how social media works to create these orbiters i'd say you're good. don't worry about it too much

but as CT said - can you ever say you never hit on someone when they were in a relationship?
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13152.00
      04-26-2019, 12:04 PM   #4085
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
This right here.

Remember the conversation on here about who holds the upper hand when it comes to be emotionally attached?

If you act on this or even show any interest...it shows her right away that you are pretty heavily invested.

Don't get me wrong....I'm not saying to be a "cold" person....but there are other ways to show her you care about her and escalating what that dumb ass is doing is not one of them!

You have sent him a message....that should be the end of it on your part. In the grand scheme of things, you stood up for your woman like any man would. Now it's up to her to do her part.

I don't have any social media....my wife does. And she is very quick to let anyone know that she isn't on the market. She has even volunteered this information to me a few times before. Mostly I ignore it and say something like..." Cool...Hopefully he can afford you!"

In the past it would lead into a conversation about how I would probably care less if she did leave...but now she knows it's just the way I am.

And for some odd reason...it makes her more possessive towards me.

Eventually she just made her account private.
That's the key right there. Private account setting.

My wife is on FB and I'm not. Her account is on lock-down so random people cant find her and bother her. Also, because she's a doctor, she wants to be very careful about separating her professional life from her personal life. Needy, clingy, weird patients would be blowing up her personal FB page if they could find her.

Now_Rudi The question is, to what degree is your girl's profile on FB open and discover-able? If anyone can stumble across her profile and "friend" her, why? Why does she need that level of attention for randos?

If you haven't already, you really need to tell her you reached out to that dude and told him to back off. Otherwise, she finds out and suddenly you are the bad guy for interfering in her personal online life. I could see her feeling like she's a grown woman and doesn't need you to be the barometer for when someone is stepping over the line.
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13152.00
cmyx6go15581.00
Rmtt8206.00
      04-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #4086
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:

Single again.
Cheers-mk
Crazy, insecure bitch! Gives us normal women a bad rap. Sorry, but not sorry. Better you find out now.
      04-26-2019, 12:08 PM   #4087
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:

Step away from the keyboard, young man. I call this the cool down. You should not have responded. It wasn't your place and even though it was nothing crass, it was like you pissing to mark your territory. I don't think you would have taken kindly were the shoe on the other foot.

Just being honest.
King Rudi13152.00
bimmette6452.50
MKSixer34171.50
      04-26-2019, 12:19 PM   #4088
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
That's the key right there. Private account setting.

My wife is on FB and I'm not. Her account is on lock-down so random people cant find her and bother her. Also, because she's a doctor, she wants to be very careful about separating her professional life from her personal life. Needy, clingy, weird patients would be blowing up her personal FB page if they could find her.

Now_Rudi The question is, to what degree is your girl's profile on FB open and discover-able? If anyone can stumble across her profile and "friend" her, why? Why does she need that level of attention for randos?

If you haven't already, you really need to tell her you reached out to that dude and told him to back off. Otherwise, she finds out and suddenly you are the bad guy for interfering in her personal online life. I could see her feeling like she's a grown woman and doesn't need you to be the barometer for when someone is stepping over the line.
I have no idea how public her facebook account is. I know that she rarely posts anything and ignores the randos, but this particular guy was trying to weasel in a while back as well. Not to sound any certain way, but this guy is the ex of her exhusbands new wife. This was his way of finding an in to get to know her. She was friendly, civil and explained that she wasn't interested yet he has persisted. This is why I sent the message to him. I'm not the "don't be talking to my girl on social media bro" guy. She's let him know and now so have I. I took screen shots of the conversation between he and I and sent to her to protect myself of any misconceptions. She was more concerned of ensuring that I am all she wants. I think we're all good here. I accept the fact that there will always be guys trying and I'm cool with that. I'd be more concerned if they weren't. She actually thanked me being proactive enough to step in and say something without being rude or aggressive about it.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      04-26-2019, 12:25 PM   #4089
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Step away from the keyboard, young man. I call this the cool down. You should not have responded. It wasn't your place and even though it was nothing crass, it was like you pissing to mark your territory. I don't think you would have taken kindly were the shoe on the other foot.

Just being honest.
Yes ma'am.....
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 12:25 PM   #4090
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
"ex of her husbands new wife" how does that exactly bring you into the equation?

also ~ the girl i broke up with? her sister is apparently in town with their mom. now i met the mom a while ago during mom's weekend, and clearly they don't know :I oops
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 12:27 PM   #4091
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
"ex of her husbands new wife" how does that exactly bring you into the equation?
Is this rhetorical? Her ex-husband was married within months of their divorce. This is the guy that his new wife was with before him. I imagine one of those gossiping type "Did you know this about her" type ways of finding a means to talk to my lady. It's all good though, I'm not upset about it nor am I worried that anything would happen. This guys profile on instagram reads like a dating site profile.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2019, 12:29 PM   #4092
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Is this rhetorical?
[s]nope, maybe because i'm braindead at this moment but i really fail to see the connection :I[/s]

oh gotcha, thanks for the explanation my man
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00