BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Professional Navigation System Day/Night mode

07-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
Honziss
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 116d + E81 116i

Professional Navigation System Day/Night mode

Profisatnav has an possibility to set day/night mode. If I do that, I can't see any difference, look like it's still in night mode...

How it's working on yours? Please, could you post the pic with day mode scheme?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List

I am not sure if things have changed that much with the latest version of Premium / Professional SatNav but i found that switching off Traffic Information [In Options when in 3D Perspective Map Mode] stops the grayscale maps and gives you 2 colourful map modes: a day mode that is brighter and a night mode [blue and dark tones] that is enabled only when the car headlights are on.

If you car headlights are on [even in the day], you may have the NIGHT mode enabled all the time. This happens in dark multi-storey car parks, tunnels, and in low light [dusk/dawn] and low sun in horizon conditions in Europe.

Switch the car headlights to '0' and see if this changes the map mode to DAY

You will still get RTII and real-time traffic re-routing on your maps.

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
Honziss
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 116d + E81 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post

I am not sure if things have changed that much with the latest version of Premium / Professional SatNav but i found that switching off Traffic Information [In Options when in 3D Perspective Map Mode] stops the grayscale maps and gives you 2 colourful map modes: a day mode that is brighter and a night mode [blue and dark tones] that is enabled only when the car headlights are on.

If you car headlights are on [even in the day], you may have the NIGHT mode enabled all the time. This happens in dark multi-storey car parks, tunnels, and in low light [dusk/dawn] and low sun in horizon conditions in Europe.

Switch the car headlights to '0' and see if this changes the map mode to DAY

You will still get RTII and real-time traffic re-routing on your maps.

Got it! Thanks! I switched off the traffic info and it changed! Day/night mode is changing automaticaly as I'm running with lights set to A.
Appreciate 0