BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Coding Help - Head Unit

02-16-2019, 05:52 PM   #1
domgreenslade
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Coding Help - Head Unit

Hi Guys
Let me explain what i've just done. I've removed my old basic head unit that had basic bluetooth for calls and no nav, and replaced it with the basic gps headunit (6822077). Basically installed NBT emulator, gps antenna and got the esys cable ready to go. Installed the head unit today and works fine, I just need to code it in now, but I feel really overwhelmed when I'm looking at what i need to do. I've followed the tutorial, got my laptop connected to my car and get as far as activating FA, which works fine and connects fine, I just have no actual idea what it is I am looking to code. All I know is that the head unit works fine, I just have no connection between the head unit and the instrument cluster, so seemingly need to code that in.

Can someone tell me what it is that I actually need to code, or what VO codes I need to code. The more I look the more confused I get, as I believe I need to code S606, but might be S609, and even then I am not sure I am even looking at the right thing! Please and thank you to anyone that can help a desperate man out!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
88tuning.id
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E39 520i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by domgreenslade View Post
Hi Guys
Let me explain what i've just done. I've removed my old basic head unit that had basic bluetooth for calls and no nav, and replaced it with the basic gps headunit (6822077). Basically installed NBT emulator, gps antenna and got the esys cable ready to go. Installed the head unit today and works fine, I just need to code it in now, but I feel really overwhelmed when I'm looking at what i need to do. I've followed the tutorial, got my laptop connected to my car and get as far as activating FA, which works fine and connects fine, I just have no actual idea what it is I am looking to code. All I know is that the head unit works fine, I just have no connection between the head unit and the instrument cluster, so seemingly need to code that in.

Can someone tell me what it is that I actually need to code, or what VO codes I need to code. The more I look the more confused I get, as I believe I need to code S606, but might be S609, and even then I am not sure I am even looking at the right thing! Please and thank you to anyone that can help a desperate man out!
Hi Dom, have you sort this problem out?

please pm me 7digits of your vin, imma check the option your car has in the beginning.

if not, i can assist you via team viewer.

T
      05-26-2019, 05:32 AM   #3
ekumi
Registered
Rep
Drives: f20 116d 2011

Can anyone give me a hand with coding also please. I have retrofitted an NBT from an f30 into my f20. The NBT has bmw apps etc but the head unit still shows the donor vehicle information etc how do i get this to show my vehicles info, and if i do this will i lose things such as bmw apps and voice control?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 07:10 PM   #4
Ludvik
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2012 F20 116ED

Im wondering about the same thing. Im kind of green with it comes to coding..

I just purchased and received my new unit. I have a BMW 116D 2012 without nav and bt streaming, only for calls.

The new head unit: 65128792157 - I also have the 6.5 glossy screen and the control unit from the same donor car (a 2017 f20).

I've also ordered the following:

gps antenna: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/597111760?iid=172172919212
nbt emulator: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3261304 ... HZaVO&mp=1

Hoping these are the right and compatible parts.. And is there anyone that knows a good guide on the e-sys part? If anyone would be interested in helping me with the code part, I'll pay happily Looking forward to the install!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 08:53 PM   #5
clatu
Rep
Drives: F21

hi , interested in how this works out.f21 2013 with hu entry cic , looking at nbt retrofit option or android unit . preference is for nbt .
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 09:59 PM   #6
Jacobsanders
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Hi Guys

Quote:
Hi Guys

Great
Appreciate 0