BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Chris Harris Drives the M135i vs. A45 AMG

08-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #89
Nebraska330xi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Sonora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebraska330xi View Post
The reviewer is a win due to Slayer t shirt.

Any metal heads in here??
Yep, massive Thrash/Death/Black metaller here :-) Although I'm not sure this is a proper Slayer t-shirt he's wearing. Looks like it says "The Slayer" using Slayer's logo typeface.

So, I'm not sure he is really a fan of Slayer or he's just wearing something he found trendy but doesn't know much about :-) Hope it's the former though!

There has been some dumb celebrities like Beckham and Lohan wearing Exodus and Maiden shirts where I'm sure they don't a fucking clue what this is all about. Their stylist just told them to wear it suppose :-)
Really disappointed by the findings here of "The slayer" I was hoping it was a tribute to Jeff of slayer dying. Guess not

DIY: Charcoal Delete, K
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 02:40 AM   #90
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

M2 might be the best next thing for M enthusiasts, M135i being just a tease
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #91
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Strange how so many hang on to the fact the M135i is not a real M car!? When the M135i was launched, it was lauded as one of the best BMW drivers cars currently available, eclipsing current real M cars.

I just have read how the M6 disgraces the tradition in the MT Best Drivers Car 2013 contest and has his ass handed over in all and every single one of the divisions that matter to a drivers car. I reckon the M6 is currently the halo car of M, the X5M and X6M will probably not be better track dancers either, or would it be the outgoing E91 maybe? the M5 is placed almost generally behind the M6 as a drivers car. Or maybe we all have to assume that an M6 is not a real focussed car and never intended to be... the performance pack will make all the difference then?

So, conclusion: including all M candy available in the catalog, BMW has nothing better to offer to driver enthousiasts than the M135i.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #92
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Strange how so many hang on to the fact the M135i is not a real M car!? When the M135i was launched, it was lauded as one of the best BMW drivers cars currently available, eclipsing current real M cars.

I just have read how the M6 disgraces the tradition in the MT Best Drivers Car 2013 contest and has his ass handed over in all and every single one of the divisions that matter to a drivers car. I reckon the M6 is currently the halo car of M, the X5M and X6M will probably not be better track dancers either, or would it be the outgoing E91 maybe? the M5 is placed almost generally behind the M6 as a drivers car. Or maybe we all have to assume that an M6 is not a real focussed car and never intended to be... the performance pack will make all the difference then?

So, conclusion: including all M candy available in the catalog, BMW has nothing better to offer to driver enthousiasts than the M135i.
Yes, currently it is the best driver's car BMW has to offer that can be ordered new. I totally agree. But I also believe that "now" is not an exceptionally good moment to order a brand new driver oriented BMW.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #93
omohat
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydad View Post
I know what he means - I think when you are really loading the chassis up laterally on smoothly-surfaced but undulating roads, you do get the sense of a little squidge or vagueness from the rear. I actually decided to increase my tyre pressures a few psi and found this improved that feeling without any obvious loss of grip for hard road driving (might be a different issue on track), but suspect it is in part tyre characteristic and part bushings.
The first batch of review for the M235i mention firmer suspension and a couple have mentioned firmer bump stops. I wonder if it would be possible to fit a few M235i suspension components (like the aforementioned bump stops) to our car to try to get rid of that little "squidginess" at the rear?
      01-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #94
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

But how often do the bump stops come into play anyway? I guess you have to throw the car around rather briskly to compress the springs all the way onto the bump stops. I have never felt them in the 116i, so I guess they come into play in a very soft way. Firm bump stops can be very annoying, as it suddenly changes the balance of the car.
Appreciate 0