BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New i135 M Sport owner - Mod advice

04-06-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
Ghent
Topless Speed
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i M Sport Convertible

Cool New i135 M Sport owner - Mod advice

I just purchased a 2013 i135 M Sport convertible. I have about 3300km on it so far. I have just added the JB4 programmer and am wondering what else to do. On the twisty roads I have noticed a great deal more suspension dip than on my old Z4M. Has anyone tried the cross bars and if so what was the end result? Did they help much or have you had to get a whole suspension?

thanks in advance for any help/advice

Last edited by Ghent; 04-06-2014 at 01:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 01:32 AM   #2
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

This is the forum for the second generation one series. There is not made a convertible version of this car yet, so I assume your 2013 135i convertible is the first generation one series. You are probably better off asking in the forum dedicated to those cars.

I doubt that your suspension dip is caused by body flex if you are running the stock suspension. It is most likely caused by rather soft springs/dampers/swaybars. The one series is supposed to be a less sporty car than the Z4, so the factory sets it up slightly softer.

If the problem is mostly body roll during cornering, I would get some stiffer swaybars. Otherwise get some stiffer springs/dampers. If you go for a very stiff setup, the need for reinfocements like cross bars could become an issue as well.
Appreciate 0