BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Difficulty installing downpipe 2012 f20 116i

03-26-2024, 05:36 PM   #1
NicolaiMyrvoll
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw f20 116i

Difficulty installing downpipe 2012 f20 116i

Hello. I started installing my downpipe on my f20 116i a few days ago. I thought this process would not be too difficult. But i was very wrong. My first problem is that the second o2 sensor is stuck and i cant find a way to get any tools with enough levarage to remove it due to the position. I have tried heating it up with a blow torch eith no luck. Any tips on this? Considering just cutting it out as i dont need it. My car is tuned and these sensors are not functional.
Second problem is i cannot for the life of me get to the bolts that hold the old catalytic converter. Anyone that has sucessfully done this before?
Thirs problem is that even if i get the sensor out and bolts undone on the cat there is the radiator hose that runs past the turbo which will not let me get the exhaust heatshield off. Do i have to drain the coolant and remove the pipe to get the cat out and dp installed? Or can i somehow move the pipe away?

Any help would be appriciated as i am at a bit of a standstill because i cant get the old cat on to the turbo again without unbolting the bolts that hold the cat.
Thanks
Appreciate 0