BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 118i M sport Estoril Blue Order

08-08-2014, 07:47 AM   #1
eray
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S3 Quattro 300 Hp

118i M sport Estoril Blue Order

Hi all,

I used to have an Audi A3 8P with 1.6 L 102 hp engine which was quite unsatisfying in performance. After I sold it, I got a VW Scirocco. it was pretty good in many ways from performance to transmission. However, it was a bit dull in interior and build quality was average. Due to those reasons, I sold it too.

I have been looking for something better, something exciting for 4 weeks.
I hated the f20 when it first came out, but I fell in love with it by the time I saw M Sport + Estoril Blue option. Finally, I've got the guts and I've placed an order for a 118i M Sport Estoril Blue with sunroof,bluetooth, rear view camera etc options. It will be delivered in 2 or 3 weeks.

What really bothers me is that the latest spy photos of facelift started bothering me. It will take almost a year for LCI model to arrive at our country. The idea of spending money on a "already outdated model" is really upsetting.

What would be your recommendations for me ?
Should I wait for a year (which is nearly nonsense since I use my car everyday for work) or should I go for other brands/models?

And please note that you can get a 2010-2011 model year A5 2.0 TFSI quattro or 3.20ci for the same amount of money you spend for a brand new 118i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
Bob UK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 18d X-Drive

LCI hardly makes the pre facelift car "Outdated", use the LCI to get a good deal on the car you are ordering and enjoy using it.
      08-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Usually M Sport models don't receive major updates in design. Maybe interchangeable tails and headlights.
The interior has already the updated steering wheel so just go and get it
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
oeron
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW (F20) 118i M 2013

I'm driving a F20 118i M since one year in Turkey. And all i can say, every time i get in my car i'm more then happy, driving it, being inside has never been so exciting. Just get your car and you won't regret it. I used to drive a 2006 E87 116i which i also loved but this one's no comparison in every single way. M models has the advantage that they never loock outdated. But to be honest, the upcomming facelift worries me as well. I expect the headlights to loock like the 2 series, which could be upgraded in our cars and the new steering wheel as well.

I've done a couple of upgrades which i'll post very soon. New generation of BMW's are Retrofit monsters
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 03:10 AM   #5
dape90
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F20 118i M-Sport

I would say go for it and don't worry about the LCI model. You can't wait forever and still miss the next BMW update.
I drive exactly what you are thinking about getting. It's a good car and rear wheel drive is always a blast. However, after a year and 9 months ownership I am a bit board with my car. Don't get me wrong, it handles very well, took on the Nurburg ring in 9 mins 28 seconds. And can take a serious beating around a track. However, on the day to day drive it get a bit samey.
Next car is 12 months away but I am seriously considering switching to Audi and getting the 4 Door S3.

Just to be clear, the 1 series is a good car. No major problems and really well built. I am only expressing my view. I am sure you will enjoy your 118i very much indeed :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #6
oeron
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW (F20) 118i M 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dape90
I would say go for it and don't worry about the LCI model. You can't wait forever and still miss the next BMW update.
I drive exactly what you are thinking about getting. It's a good car and rear wheel drive is always a blast. However, after a year and 9 months ownership I am a bit board with my car. Don't get me wrong, it handles very well, took on the Nurburg ring in 9 mins 28 seconds. And can take a serious beating around a track. However, on the day to day drive it get a bit samey.
Next car is 12 months away but I am seriously considering switching to Audi and getting the 4 Door S3.

Just to be clear, the 1 series is a good car. No major problems and really well built. I am only expressing my view. I am sure you will enjoy your 118i very much indeed :-)
To get bored of something is part of being human, you would feel the same if you'd own an M4

S3 is not bad at all, but as you said back wheel driving cars are pure fun and no matter how bored you are, you're gonna miss it

There was a comparison between subaru, 135i and S3; tried yo upload it but couldn't figure out on my phone, will give a try at home
Appreciate 0