BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

04-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #3851
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Exactly. What I've learned is that being comfortable being alone gives you a certain "power" if you will. People notice it. I also feel like it gets you better women to choose from as they see you are choose-y and won't just settle for any warm body.

We see things the same. I won't lie, when you get to that point as I did.....it probably isn't as fair to to the other person.

No matter how hard you put yourself out there, you will always hold back a little in reserve.

This may sound like a bad thing to say, but I'm at a point in my life where I could walk away and not really be that affected by it.

So it comes back around to what you originally said, it's like the relationship is one sided in your favor.

And for some odd reason, this is what keeps them pursuing you. I guess it's akin to the good girls like bad boys adage.

I'm not a bad guy persona by any measure, but I guess the way I come across gives off a vibe that I could take it or leave it even though I consider myself thoughtful and considerate.

And I may be way off base.....but in my experience women want to feel like they are the ones being pursued....but when it comes down to it....they prefer the thrill of the chase more when they are are the ones doing the chasing!

But then again, just my perspective. I was always kind of neutral until my divorce. Then I changed. When I started dating again, I went wild.

I guess I sowed my oats a second time, but then I was older and had no inhibitions. My male neighbors used to tell me that my place was nicknamed Motel 6 for the longest time.

I just politely asked them to not let things like that slip out now when my wife is around.
King Rudi13147.00
      04-02-2019, 04:52 PM   #3852
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I've been paid in soap for YEARS. Even used my youngest son taking a bath in a metal tub for the graphic for a baby soap when I did the website production/maintenance for a local soap maker.
Patchouli is just some funky shit!
Appreciate 2
      04-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #3853
Dogeeseegod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Blue Water 128i-6

It's my obligation to my self to not settle on anything. I either get what I want or I'll have nothing until I can have it. Literally everything in my life revolves around this. I won't spend my time, money or efforts on anything that isn't what I actually want. Of course I have to be realistic in my goals, but once I've made up my mind, that's it. When I was dating I used the 60 day max trial as my way of seeing if I could really maintain interest in a counterpart. If I don't think about a woman when she's not around, I should cut the relationship off and continue the hunt! I had to pull a lot of weeds before I found a flower lol
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8206.00
King Rudi13147.00
      04-03-2019, 07:15 AM   #3854
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Interesting that this “dating” thread has devolved into a soap discussion... well, among the men... lol...

But speaking of Dial soap, wtf has happened to it... I’ve showered with that for decades but recently have noticed I can’t stand the smell of it anymore.... am temporarily using Irish Spring because the wife had that on hand to stick in chunks in our outdoor furniture to supposedly repel stink bugs... don’t know it works for that, but it smells better than Dial...
Check out Lever 2000 aloe and cucumber. Smells nice and fresh but not girlie.
King Rudi13147.00
      04-03-2019, 08:03 AM   #3855
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
We see things the same. I won't lie, when you get to that point as I did.....it probably isn't as fair to to the other person.

No matter how hard you put yourself out there, you will always hold back a little in reserve.

This may sound like a bad thing to say, but I'm at a point in my life where I could walk away and not really be that affected by it.

So it comes back around to what you originally said, it's like the relationship is one sided in your favor.

And for some odd reason, this is what keeps them pursuing you. I guess it's akin to the good girls like bad boys adage.

I'm not a bad guy persona by any measure, but I guess the way I come across gives off a vibe that I could take it or leave it even though I consider myself thoughtful and considerate.

And I may be way off base.....but in my experience women want to feel like they are the ones being pursued....but when it comes down to it....they prefer the thrill of the chase more when they are are the ones doing the chasing!

But then again, just my perspective. I was always kind of neutral until my divorce. Then I changed. When I started dating again, I went wild.

I guess I sowed my oats a second time, but then I was older and had no inhibitions. My male neighbors used to tell me that my place was nicknamed Motel 6 for the longest time.

I just politely asked them to not let things like that slip out now when my wife is around.
You and I are quite alike in many ways. I think the one thing that I enjoy the most about this way of life, is that it actually makes me appreciate the girlfriend a little more. I'm not so much dependent on her time as it isn't something I "need" per se, just something I enjoy. If something happened to us today and we were no longer together; there would be things I would miss, but it wouldn't disrupt my life much. With that being said, I do love her just not going to be devastated if it ends. I'll never allow myself to be that guy again.

When the current girlfriend and I just started dating a close friend of mine was over at my place. My buddy, the girlfriend and I were on my deck having a drink and a smoke when a mutual friend calls my buddy. Not thinking anything of it, my friend puts his phone on speaker and lets the guy know he's at my house and he's on speaker phone. Without hesitation, the guy on the other end of the line says, "What slut does he have over there tonight? Does she look good?" The girlfriend, very couthly stepped inside the kitchen without saying a word. I was embarrassed, Chris couldn't stop laughing and Drew (on the phone) was still going at it saying things like "Why is no one answering? Is he balls deep in her right now? Chris is he letting you watch?" Jesus, I'm uncomfortable reliving it as I type. Definitely a funny ass moment. I'll give her credit though, we talked after Chris left and she made the comment that she didn't care how I was before her, it didn't matter to her; all she cared about was who I am now. Three years later, she's still with me.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
      04-03-2019, 08:08 AM   #3856
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I keep forgetting you come in and out of here in a very ninja-like fashion and then drop the seldom, short reply of wisdom. It almost embarrasses me that you have read some of the things that you have in this thread.

Last edited by King Rudi; 04-03-2019 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 2
      04-03-2019, 08:38 AM   #3857
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
You and I are quite alike in many ways. I think the one thing that I enjoy the most about this way of life, is that it actually makes me appreciate the girlfriend a little more. I'm not so much dependent on her time as it isn't something I "need" per se, just something I enjoy. If something happened to us today and we were no longer together; there would be things I would miss, but it wouldn't disrupt my life much. With that being said, I do love her just not going to be devastated if it ends. I'll never allow myself to be that guy again.

When the current girlfriend and I just started dating a close friend of mine was over at my place. My buddy, the girlfriend and I were on my deck having a drink and a smoke when a mutual friend calls my buddy. Not thinking anything of it, my friend puts his phone on speaker and lets the guy know he's at my house and he's on speaker phone. Without hesitation, the guy on the other end of the line says, "What slut does he have over there tonight? Does she look good?" The girlfriend, very couthly stepped inside the kitchen without saying a word. I was embarrassed, Chris couldn't stop laughing and Drew (on the phone) was still going at it saying things like "Why is no one answering? Is he balls deep in her right now? Chris is he letting you watch?" Jesus, I'm uncomfortable reliving it as I type. Definitely a funny ass moment. I'll give her credit though, we talked after Chris left and she made the comment that she didn't care how I was before her, it didn't matter to her; all she cared about was who I am now. Three years later, she's still with me.
So wait...I'm confused. You two are back together / reconciled? Is she still reading the forums?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #3858
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I keep forgetting you come in and out of here in a very ninja-like fashion and then drop the seldom short reply of wisdom. It almost embarrasses me that you have read some of the things that you have in this thread.
Since you are only "almost" embarrassed, being the helpful SOB that I am, I'm trying to give you a little nudge past the tipping point so you can reach "all the way".

To that end, cmyx6go I've highlighted certain words that stood out to me above in his reply, with particular emphasis on the one word I made a little larger.

The implications, I believe, are clear.

Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15515.00
King Rudi13147.00
      04-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #3859
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Since you are only "almost" embarrassed, being the helpful SOB that I am, I'm trying to give you a little nudge past the tipping point so you can reach "all the way".

To that end, cmyx6go I've highlighted certain words that stood out to me above in his reply, with particular emphasis on the one word I made a little larger.

The implications, I believe, are clear.

But, wait... I read that as he’s saying her comments are “seldom short”!

He’s calling her windy and I’ve always thought her comments were succinct and apropos..

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:05 AM   #3860
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:

He’s calling her windy and I’ve always thought her comments were succinct and apropos..

I think Joekerr 's emphasis was on Seldom. Meaning I should speak up more often. Be careful what you wish for.

I kind of enjoy lurking in the shadows and popping in every now and then to remind you I'm here.
      04-03-2019, 09:05 AM   #3861
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
So wait...I'm confused. You two are back together / reconciled? Is she still reading the forums?
We are back together. Things were tense for a few days and we didn't speak much. We sat down one night and talked about it. I saw her point, she saw mine. No clue if she is still reading. The way I see it is that I am who I am, she is with me because she loves/appreciates me, same on this end. I'm no different on here than I am in real life so if she is still reading, she already knows. She is a good woman, I'd be hard pressed to find another like her.

Last edited by King Rudi; 04-03-2019 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 2
dinonz3212.50
      04-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #3862
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
I think Joekerr 's emphasis was on Seldom. Meaning I should speak up more often. Be careful what you wish for.

I kind of enjoy lurking in the shadows and popping in every now and then to remind you I'm here.
I know, it was... I was just being a smart ass...lol... but you do make good comments, so we all agree on that.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #3863
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

My apologies for the lack of a much needed comma placement.
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #3864
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I concur, I'd also like to hear more of you. Your comments are concise, accurate and always appreciated.

When I do see you randomly post in here it somewhat reminds me of this.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:22 AM   #3865
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I concur, I'd also like to hear more of you. Your comments are concise, accurate and always appreciated.
Quote:
I know, it was... I was just being a smart ass...lol... but you do make good comments, so we all agree on that.
Jeez, all this because I suggested soap...
      04-03-2019, 09:23 AM   #3866
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Jeez, all this because I suggested soap...
Yep, you have fans.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15515.00
      04-03-2019, 09:24 AM   #3867
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Yep, you have fans.
      04-03-2019, 09:24 AM   #3868
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

This thread is a fun read.

Sorry if I missed it, but what age are you Bayerische?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:25 AM   #3869
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Update: Things are going well.
Making myself less available worked.

We're talking about moving in with each other in the future.

Only bad thing is that she's attractive. I'm not the jealous type, but I've been burned before, so that's always in the back of my mind. But I can't control that, so I try not to think about it.
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2019, 09:32 AM   #3870
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post

Only bad thing is that she's attractive. I'm not the jealous type, but I've been burned before, so that's always in the back of my mind. But I can't control that, so I try not to think about it.
Wait, What? That's a faster 0-60 than my ///M.
bimmette6452.50
      04-03-2019, 09:32 AM   #3871
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post

Dude! This is awesome to hear! Well done!!!

The attractive bit can be a double edged sword. The only thing that will matter in this aspect is that whether or not she is loyal to you. If she is, that makes her even more attractive as far as I'm concerned. Having a woman that men are attracted to, yet is loyal to you is some "king of the world" type shit. Congrats my man!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #3872
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
She is a good woman, I'd be hard pressed to find another like her.
Translation: She is still reading.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 6
cmyx6go15515.00
King Rudi13147.00
bimmette6452.50
Joekerr7926.00
UncleWede17809.50