BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW 125d

12-18-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
Firaxis
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

BMW 125d

I recently test drove one and it was quite the lunatic..! that's coming from someone who owned an M140i...!

I planted my foot with and the car hardly did anything then went somewhat berserk, I went around a roundabout and with VERY gentle acceleration the car thrashed and felt like it was going to spin out.

Now, I'm not sure if this is typical behaviour or if the second hand car I tried was duff? I've only previously driven brand new BMW's, 335D, 330D, M140i, 120d and none of them were this unpredictable.

Just wondering if this car was an exception to the rule or if all 125d's are maniacs?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
Chocolatero€
Private
Rep
Drives: 120d Xdrive F21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firaxis View Post
I recently test drove one and it was quite the lunatic..! that's coming from someone who owned an M140i...!

I planted my foot with and the car hardly did anything then went somewhat berserk, I went around a roundabout and with VERY gentle acceleration the car thrashed and felt like it was going to spin out.

Now, I'm not sure if this is typical behaviour or if the second hand car I tried was duff? I've only previously driven brand new BMW's, 335D, 330D, M140i, 120d and none of them were this unpredictable.

Just wondering if this car was an exception to the rule or if all 125d's are maniacs?
Can be if the car is remapped . Or maybe wearing summer tyres at this very moment in europe lol
      12-26-2018, 05:49 PM   #3
Firaxis
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatero€ View Post
Can be if the car is remapped . Or maybe wearing summer tyres at this very moment in europe lol
I drove a couple others as a comparison, in sport mode they are pretty wild. Can't beat that low down grunt and due to the weight difference between the 125d and my old 335D Xdrive it felt a lot more keen.!

Not a bad proposition factoring in MPG etc.. I was considering getting a 125d as a potential long termer but the residuals are pretty rubbish. Also I'm divided whether or not keeping an auto / fully kitted BMW long term is a good idea.

Really like the car though.! I might take it on as a lease? Before I do has anyone swapped their 1 series with a competitor? Did it sit well six months down the line?
Appreciate 0