BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Retrofitting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #67
MI35i
New Member
0
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Buck View Post
Since I'm a bit new to all this with the M135i to be my first BMW does anyone know if you can get HK speakers retrofit from the dealer. I'm weighing up buying my car approved used at the end of the month. A couple of cars I've equired about have next to no miles on the clock, are available to drive away (meaning that long wait need not be an issue) and have the spec I'd of gone with if I was buying brand new. However only one of which comes with HK sound system ready fitted
I have struggled to find a manual M135's available in the UK full stop. there must only be a handfull and all well over 30K. I ordered new in the end with such a discount that it ended up actually a lot cheaper than any used M135i in the whole of the country with the bonus of new and in my spec. Delivery is currently 2-3 months, but could be quicker depending on the dealer. I recomend going to all local dealers and pricing up new. Tell them your doing it. Discount of 10% is achieveable.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #68
harrys
Private First Class
Greece
13
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F20 116i steptronic
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greece

iTrader: (0)

The auto dimm mirror does it have buttons for opening garage doors?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #69
Mr Buck
Private First Class
10
Rep
104
Posts

Drives: BMW M135i (soon)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North East, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI35i View Post
I have struggled to find a manual M135's available in the UK full stop. there must only be a handfull and all well over 30K. I ordered new in the end with such a discount that it ended up actually a lot cheaper than any used M135i in the whole of the country with the bonus of new and in my spec. Delivery is currently 2-3 months, but could be quicker depending on the dealer. I recomend going to all local dealers and pricing up new. Tell them your doing it. Discount of 10% is achieveable.
Yeah the manual's seem to be few and far tbh mate. I think after the rave reviews BMW's 8 speed got its swayed a lot of buyers with the M135i. I've always driven manual, but I must admit I think I'm going to go for my M135i in automatic. BMW approved UK have 8 auto's listed on their site, with only 2 of them north of 30k. I've been advised by family members that you can still get a percentage of the list price when buying used. I'll have to give it some thought first
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 02:22 AM   #70
Fanis
Lieutenant
Fanis's Avatar
Greece
31
Rep
485
Posts

Drives: 116i (F20) Auto
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Athens, Greece

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrys View Post
My dealer told me that because it is not retrofit so it can not be done.
Of course the dealer would say that, since ''officially'' they need to have a retrofit kit. However, I will say it once more: Anything can be retrofitted, as long as you are willing to pay the (usually very high) price. So, you can retrofit whatever you like, but be prepared to either pay a lot of money to your dealer (even independen garage) or DIY with used parts (if you can find).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Buck View Post
Since I'm a bit new to all this with the M135i to be my first BMW does anyone know if you can get HK speakers retrofit from the dealer.
Yes you can, but they will cost you like 2-3 times more than the factory fited ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrys View Post
The auto dimm mirror does it have buttons for opening garage doors?
No. The garage opener has nothing to do with the auto dimming mirror.
__________________
2011- : BMW 116i (F20)
2009-11: BMW Z4 2.5si (E85)
2007-09: Mini Cooper S (R56)
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 02:34 AM   #71
harrys
Private First Class
Greece
13
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F20 116i steptronic
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greece

iTrader: (0)

No. The garage opener has nothing to do with the auto dimming mirror.[/QUOTE]

You have the auto dimm rear mirror. Is it good? Any problems with it? Does it also control the light beam?(I also have xenon)

I finally found a dealer who is willing to put the rear mirror for about 800 euro and the outside mirrors for 2800 euro (but 2800 euro are a lot of money so i am going for the inside only)
I hope it is worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #72
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
203
Rep
3,151
Posts

Drives: F20 LCI 118i M-Sport B38
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bryne, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrys View Post
You have the auto dimm rear mirror. Is it good? Any problems with it? Does it also control the light beam?(I also have xenon)

I finally found a dealer who is willing to put the rear mirror for about 800 euro and the outside mirrors for 2800 euro (but 2800 euro are a lot of money so i am going for the inside only)
I hope it is worth it.
The dimming rear mirror works fine, but it is hardly worth €800.
It does not control the light beam, as that is a different system, looking forwards. I have both.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #73
omgguysomg
Enlisted Member
Belgium
3
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BMW F20 M135i xDrive
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
The dimming rear mirror works fine, but it is hardly worth €800.
It does not control the light beam, as that is a different system, looking forwards. I have both.
How well does the high beam assist work?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #74
Fanis
Lieutenant
Fanis's Avatar
Greece
31
Rep
485
Posts

Drives: 116i (F20) Auto
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Athens, Greece

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrys View Post
You have the auto dimm rear mirror. Is it good? Any problems with it? Does it also control the light beam?(I also have xenon)

I finally found a dealer who is willing to put the rear mirror for about 800 euro and the outside mirrors for 2800 euro (but 2800 euro are a lot of money so i am going for the inside only)
I hope it is worth it.
It is very good and it works fine...but IMHO it does not worth 800 Euro!! Also, if you keep retrofitting things, it will cost you much more than selling the car and buying one with the specs you want.

As a final note, the auto dim mirror is not working that well if you have tinted windows at the rear, since the light intenisty is not that high to activate it.
__________________
2011- : BMW 116i (F20)
2009-11: BMW Z4 2.5si (E85)
2007-09: Mini Cooper S (R56)
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #75
SuperSSRallyGT
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F20
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Question Monitor and iDrive

Hi.
I have a 2012 116d without the monitor and iDrive. My dispay is in the radio-unit. Is it possible to upgrad the car with monitor and iDrive without having to change the radio- and CD player-unit?
Attached Images
 

Last edited by SuperSSRallyGT; 03-13-2013 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 03:41 AM   #76
Fanis
Lieutenant
Fanis's Avatar
Greece
31
Rep
485
Posts

Drives: 116i (F20) Auto
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Athens, Greece

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSSRallyGT View Post
Hi.
I have a 2012 116d without the monitor and iDrive. My dispay is in the radio-unit. Is it possible to upgrad the car with monitor and iDrive without having to change the radio- and CD player-unit?
No, not if you want to use BMW OEM parts. You can keep the radio unit, only if you go with an aftermarket solution.
__________________
2011- : BMW 116i (F20)
2009-11: BMW Z4 2.5si (E85)
2007-09: Mini Cooper S (R56)
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #77
iBeech
Captain
iBeech's Avatar
England
75
Rep
945
Posts

Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sandbach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to iBeech
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSSRallyGT
Hi.
I have a 2012 116d without the monitor and iDrive. My dispay is in the radio-unit. Is it possible to upgrad the car with monitor and iDrive without having to change the radio- and CD player-unit?
That's the last generation stero head unit. It would require a lot of new parts and recoding to get the screen. Not to mention re-arranging of the climate controls

Which spec did you choose to get that configuration?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #78
SuperSSRallyGT
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F20
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeech View Post
That's the last generation stero head unit. It would require a lot of new parts and recoding to get the screen. Not to mention re-arranging of the climate controls

Which spec did you choose to get that configuration?
Well pleased with the car. I bought the car used. Italian market.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #79
scottyboy
New Member
5
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 2012 116D M Sport F20
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cambridge UK

iTrader: (0)

:O i thought all F20's have i drive, my 12 plate comes next week i havnt seen inside, will it have i drive?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #80
krugerjq
Private First Class
South Africa
5
Rep
123
Posts

Drives: X3 2d 2013, F800GS 2009
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
:O i thought all F20's have i drive, my 12 plate comes next week i havnt seen inside, will it have i drive?
The I-drive comes with the professional radio....
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #81
scottyboy
New Member
5
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 2012 116D M Sport F20
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cambridge UK

iTrader: (0)

what is the stereo below professional? i havnt seen a f20 in the uk without i drive yet, my car comes wednesday and i hope it has i drive otherwise ill be so dissapointed!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #82
pauloT
New Member
1
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 114i Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Liverpool

iTrader: (0)

UK spec; ES no Idrive, SE,Sport/Urban, MSport, I drive, then for nav you need to spec Business or Pro.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #83
scottyboy
New Member
5
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: 2012 116D M Sport F20
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cambridge UK

iTrader: (0)

thank god thanks pauloT !! i have ordered an m sport but being ex demo i know it has no optional extras installed so slowly working out what i will actually get haha, thankyou
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #84
harrys
Private First Class
Greece
13
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F20 116i steptronic
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greece

iTrader: (0)

Well i did it with around 600 euro i retrofit the interior auto dimm mirror and with around 1100 euro the front pdc. (i had done in the past back pdc). Now the retrofits of my car are:
1) Car alarm
2) Alpine Hi-Fi
3) Front and back pdc
4) Auto dimm interior mirror
5) All weather urban matts (this does not count)
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #85
ZenithDK
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 118d
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Copenhagen

iTrader: (0)

I went with a model the dealer had in stock, and had some retrofitting done to make it match my expectations.
  • PDC (rear)
  • Cruise control
  • Bluetooth/USB
  • Brushed aluminium panels

I was a bit worried that the retrofitting might show, but it was very nicely done. Only issue was the problem described here: http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=35
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #86
mrclouzo
New Member
Greece
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: F20 116 ED
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greece

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrys View Post
Well i did it with around 600 euro i retrofit the interior auto dimm mirror and with around 1100 euro the front pdc. (i had done in the past back pdc). Now the retrofits of my car are:
1) Car alarm
2) Alpine Hi-Fi
3) Front and back pdc
4) Auto dimm interior mirror
5) All weather urban matts (this does not count)
My comment is that you gave a lot of money, especially the cost for the front pdc (1100 euros??) is unbelievable. I am going to put tinted windows (aftermarket of course) so no need for auto dimm mirror. Also i have rear pdc (not the original) and works really fine, i just don't have the view on the screen but i can easily live without this feature. The car alarm is the original bmw or an aftermarket one? How much it costed?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #87
Pedro Terruggi
New Member
Brazil
4
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: F20 118i 8AT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: São Paulo

iTrader: (0)

My retrofits were all done by the dealer and the parts were not BMW originals:

-PDC (rear)
-Leather seats

The PDC is having some issues the dealer still have to adjust and the seats are nice but the quality is not the same as if it were originals.

Have anyone tried these?! I'm very interested in these retrofits!
- http://www.salesafter.eu/product_inf...il-lights.html
- http://www.salesafter.eu/product_inf...s-set--h7.html
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #88
harrys
Private First Class
Greece
13
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: F20 116i steptronic
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greece

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Terruggi View Post
My retrofits were all done by the dealer and the parts were not BMW originals:

-PDC (rear)
-Leather seats

The PDC is having some issues the dealer still have to adjust and the seats are nice but the quality is not the same as if it were originals.

Have anyone tried these?! I'm very interested in these retrofits!
- http://www.salesafter.eu/product_inf...il-lights.html
- http://www.salesafter.eu/product_inf...s-set--h7.html
What problems has the pdc? Mine works great.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST