BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Carbon Fibre... everything. Andy's Mineral Grey M140i.

07-31-2019, 06:17 AM   #1
Jack@AUTOID
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M240i, F87 M2, E36

Carbon Fibre... everything. Andy's Mineral Grey M140i.

The BMW M140i is a big step on from the pre-LCI vehicle that preceded it. That being said, BMW still left a lot on the table for the aftermarket to improve on. Andy, a customer of AUTOID since 2016, reached out to us towards the end of 2018 with aim: build a cosmetic package to match the exceptional B58 340ps 450nm powertrain.

AUTOID Gloss Black Double Slat Kidney Grilles for BMW 1 Series (LCI, 2015+)

The first port of call has to be the kidney grilles. Removing the chrome here goes a long way to improve the aesthetics of the front end. We supplied our Gloss Black Double Slat Kidney Grilles however the customer chose to stick with the single slat OEM look for this build. We simply exchanged the existing chrome grille surrounds with our upgraded gloss black surrounds from the Double Slat grilles.

AUTOID Carbon Fibre Front Bumper Canards for BMW M140i / M135i LCI

BMW were keen to tie in canards at the front of the car with the chrome grilles and Ferric Grey Mirror Covers. Seeing as we were replacing these items with black or carbon, it felt wrong to leave them stock. Introducing the AUTOID Carbon Fibre Canards for the BMW M135i & M140i LCI. They’re a straight swap for the originals and can be swapped in minutes.

AUTOID Gloss Black GTS Front Splitter for BMW 1 Series (LCI, 2015+)

The final feature the front of the car that it was crying out for was a front splitter. Enter the AUTOID GTS front splitter. Seen here in Gloss Black, soon to be released in Carbon Fibre, it sharpens up the front end and adds whole new depth to the car. Following the existing lines of the vehicle and taking inspiration from the lip on the F82 M4 GTS, this lip is the perfect pairing to the M140i/M135i. Installation is competed using supplied self-tapping bolts.

AUTOID TRE Full Carbon Fibre Performance Wing Mirror Unit for BMW (Various Models)

Keeping with the theme of OEM+ aggression, we added our AUTOID TRE Performance Wing Mirror Units. Taking inspiration from M Motorsport, our 3-piece replacement units are the most comprehensive and innovative product in the category. Using 3D scan data from the OEM M4 mirror assembly, we combined this information to fit with all of the OEM fixing points from the 1 Series, to create simple, painless and reversable upgrade for your vehicle.

The mirror covers on this 3pc kit are autoclaved carbon fibre; not to be mistaken with the inferior and cheaper vacuumed formed carbon fibre found on replica products.

AUTOID Full Carbon Fibre Shark Fin Cover for BMW (Various Models)

As you work your way backward, it was important to tie in the carbon carbon fibre upfront to rest the vehicle. The Carbon Fibre Shark Fin cover does an excellent job of this and really acts as a finishing touch.

AUTOID Carbon Fibre Performance Rear Diffuser for BMW M140i/M135i LCI

Speaking of finishing touch. We completed this at the business end… We exchanged the stock ABS plastic rear diffuser for our signature carbon fibre AUTOID Performance Rear Diffuser for the BMW M135i & M140i LCI. Featuring the unique herringbone carbon fibre twill weave, it highlights the twin tail pipes and provides much needed aggressiveness to the rear of the vehicle.

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 02:28 AM   #2
ravenom44
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 118i

Garage List
I was planning to add few carbon parts to my grey 118i and your car inspired me what to do. Cheers~
Appreciate 0