BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Strange Noise from N47t 118D F21

03-25-2021, 07:43 AM   #1
BILLYWF21
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 118D M Sport Auto

Strange Noise from N47t 118D F21

Hi, I’ve got a strange noise coming from near the turbo area. Before people say the turbo is gone, it isn’t, I’ve had it checked and had the pipes off and there’s no play etc within the turbine shaft.

I sprayed some water on the actuator arm this morning and it seemed to be bubbling around the actuator where it is attached onto the turbo. I’ve also sprayed the manifold and no bubbling from around it as I thought it may have been cracked or something but not from what I can see.

I’ve attached a video, if you or someone you know has had a similar noise and been able to eradicate it please let me know. (I’ve attached a YouTube video link that you will be able to watch when you click) https://youtube.com/shorts/d8SonXySRCg

I should add the car is bringing up NO codes, not loosing any boost pressure, not losing oil, no smoke. The car is being looked at Saturday but I’d like to see if anyone’s had a similar sound and how they’ve fixed it / if they’ve fixed it.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0