BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > F20 diversity amplifier location

07-27-2021, 08:28 PM   #1
James Broadbridge
Registered
Rep
Drives: M135i

F20 diversity amplifier location

Having reception issues with the FM radio. This can be the contacts on the diversity amp. The parts diagram seems to imply the amp is in the top of the hatch lid, is this the case? I don't want to start pulling off trim willy nilly.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 04:48 AM   #2
Westcoaster99
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 330d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Broadbridge View Post
Having reception issues with the FM radio. This can be the contacts on the diversity amp. The parts diagram seems to imply the amp is in the top of the hatch lid, is this the case? I don't want to start pulling off trim willy nilly.
Yeah that's where the diversity amplifier is. Best to check the continuity between the back of the head unit and the diversity amplifier and start from there. Could be something as simple as a break in boot hinge.

I'm actually having the same problem right now so it's something I'll need to get to the bottom of when I have time
Appreciate 0