BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 118i Msport shadow edition
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2019, 04:47 PM   #1
alcaponey1982
New Member
1
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 320D E90
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

118i Msport shadow edition

Hello guys. New here so just after some advice.

Just picked up the 2018 plate of the 1 Series M Sport Shadow Edition and very happy with it.

Where is the best place to find a decent induction kit for it. Is it also a myth that it can give you extra poke on the acceleration or does it just make the engine sound more throaty when pulling away?

Also, where can you get the msport 3 colour grill fins from?

I have had a look about on ebay for both of the above and not much luck?

Any device, much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
202
Rep
3,138
Posts

Drives: F20 LCI 118i M-Sport B38
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bryne, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Interesting. I just want the throaty engine sound, I don't need added power.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #3
JField99
Registered
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW M235i
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Herefordshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcaponey1982 View Post
Hello guys. New here so just after some advice.

Just picked up the 2018 plate of the 1 Series M Sport Shadow Edition and very happy with it.

Where is the best place to find a decent induction kit for it. Is it also a myth that it can give you extra poke on the acceleration or does it just make the engine sound more throaty when pulling away?

Also, where can you get the msport 3 colour grill fins from?

I have had a look about on ebay for both of the above and not much luck?

Any device, much appreciated.
Is this grill any good?

And about the intake, have you checked out K&N?
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 05:12 PM   #4
alcaponey1982
New Member
1
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 320D E90
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

I'm not sure about that grill. Mine look a different shape?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #5
JField99
Registered
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW M235i
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Herefordshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcaponey1982 View Post
I'm not sure about that grill. Mine look a different shape?
If yours is what you say it is it will👍

You can get twin slat ones too.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:20 PM   #6
alcaponey1982
New Member
1
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 320D E90
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JField99 View Post
If yours is what you say it is it will👍

You can get twin slat ones too.
What is the twin slat?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:21 PM   #7
alcaponey1982
New Member
1
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 320D E90
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JField99 View Post
Is this grill any good?

And about the intake, have you checked out K&N?
Where do you get those grills from? Do I have to buy the complete new grill set, or can you get the clip on colour ones?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #8
JField99
Registered
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: BMW M235i
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Herefordshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcaponey1982 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JField99 View Post
Is this grill any good?

And about the intake, have you checked out K&N?
Where do you get those grills from? Do I have to buy the complete new grill set, or can you get the clip on colour ones?
I found the grills on eBay, Loads of different types on there, you could get clip on ones but personally I don't think they look as good - but they are cheaper. The twin slat grill has twice as many "slats" or "bars" but are thinner.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 04:59 PM   #9
alcaponey1982
New Member
1
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 320D E90
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JField99 View Post
I found the grills on eBay, Loads of different types on there, you could get clip on ones but personally I don't think they look as good - but they are cheaper. The twin slat grill has twice as many "slats" or "bars" but are thinner.
Thanks for the advice
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST