BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Cruise Control Coding

03-08-2022, 11:23 PM   #1
DarkTherapy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D M Sport 3dr

Cruise Control Coding

Hi, I recently purchased an M140i that doesn't have cruise control. It does have a LIM button and the left rocker up/down switch but no other buttons on the left side of the wheel. Is it possible to code this LIM button and rocker switch to activate cruise control rather than the speed limiter? I have BimmerCode and a working obd Bluetooth adapter.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #2
JimboMoss77
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTherapy View Post
Hi, I recently purchased an M140i that doesn't have cruise control. It does have a LIM button and the left rocker up/down switch but no other buttons on the left side of the wheel. Is it possible to code this LIM button and rocker switch to activate cruise control rather than the speed limiter? I have BimmerCode and a working obd Bluetooth adapter.
You’re in the same boat as me, got a M135i with just the LIM button, you need the switches / buttons that include the cruise control. Sell them on eBay and will cost you about £150+ used
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 02:23 AM   #3
IJO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 116I F20

Cruise buttons

I bought these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194406008639

For my 2014 116i which also only has the limiter.

I've not yet fitted them but have installed e-sys and Bimmer Utility to get my head round the coding.

The alternative would have been to replace the steering wheel as there were some on ebay at the time.

I also plan to remap it using MHD wifi obd adaptor and phone app.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 08:46 AM   #4
IJO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 116I F20

CC fitted and working. F20 N13, 2014

I found an ebayer selling the correct buttons for my 2014 116i Sport.

It had the limiter button and rocker, and also has hill hold. So I thought there was a good chance it would work.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194406008639

Fitting was straightforward except for removing the air bag

Added 544 to Salapa element saving and activating, then reading SVT (ecus), finally clicked on the coding button after choosing in turn, the ecus: FEM (body), ICM and then BCKombi.

No errors reported but the idrive screen showed the TPMS (RPA) and DSC warnings and also one telling me I needed to go to a dealer to have the instruments updated.

On the first drive, pressing SET cause a 'cruise control failure' message but the TMS and DSC messages were still present.

Restarted and drove a bit further, then both warnings went off and the SET button worked as expected.
Braking slows the car if the set speed is reduced as expected.

Great to have CC again.

Just a quick update to say that no problems have arisen after two weeks.

Last edited by IJO; 05-29-2022 at 01:37 AM.. Reason: UPDATE
Appreciate 0