BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 Bluetooth help please

02-05-2024, 02:44 PM   #1
Edgeburg04
Registered
Rep
Drives: 116d

F20 Bluetooth help please

Hi all,

Great forum, thank you for having me

I apologise for asking for help in my first post, but would appreciate any pointers please.

I have an F20 116d, late 2013 registration, that has the option 'enhanced Bluetooth preparation'.

It has phone buttons on the steering wheel, and even a 'TEL' button by the iDrive controller, but no mention of Bluetooth in any of the menus.

I just want to be able to make and receive calls, not really bothered about audio streaming, would anyone please be able to advise what I need please?

For added info, I think there is an issue with the fitted head unit (part number 65129335351) as the language keeps reverting to German, after I set it to English.

With this in mind, I am thinking if I could buy a new head unit with Bluetooth functionality, it may solve both of my problems.

If anyone can help in any way please I would be truly grateful.

Thank you in advance,

Edgeburg
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 09:47 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Phone buttons on the steering wheel don't mean much: I have them too but they don't work "legitimately" as I have no Bluetooth/hands free indeed. I believe "enhanced Bluetooth preparation" must mean you have the basic Bluetooth as well, but to make sure consult a BMW official site and/or a VIN decoder.

Thus you seem correct with your suspicion about the retrofitted head unit you have: it does not look listed as "officially applicable", so to say (adjust car selection if needed).
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2024, 02:07 PM   #3
Edgeburg04
Registered
Rep
Drives: 116d

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Phone buttons on the steering wheel don't mean much: I have them too but they don't work "legitimately" as I have no Bluetooth/hands free indeed. I believe "enhanced Bluetooth preparation" must mean you have the basic Bluetooth as well, but to make sure consult a BMW official site and/or a VIN decoder.

Thus you seem correct with your suspicion about the retrofitted head unit you have: it does not look listed as "officially applicable", so to say (adjust car selection if needed).
Thanks for taking the time to reply, really appreciate.
Appreciate 0