BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

11-18-2021, 08:41 AM   #12123
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Thanks for the advice. Is it something that can be done if I take it to a store? The bracelet is set to arrive Friday.
If it were me, I would rock the monogram. They do engraving online, but will also do in-store.
Awesome! I will take it to a store to have "L & S" engraved on the heart in some nice font; it's both of our initials……..or is that just too corny? Lol!
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15696.50
      11-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #12124
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mein11 View Post
I think he was a troll. Maybe someone banned in the past that came back to see how much stupid shit they could say before inevitably getting banned again. Glad it happened though, dude was fucking deplorable.
What did I miss? Did something specific get him banned?
I think it was the fact that majority of his posts weren't about dating experiences at all - but rather…..statements posted with the primary intent to be obnoxious and incite others - and that fact was the impetus for the ban. He wasn't contributing anything of real value to the "spirit" of this thread.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
I can definitely tell he is an ex-pro mx'er. EGO out of the ass, like most racers....
This finally makes sense to me! Thank you for painting the picture. I'm a mentalist type. People's personalities are like puzzles to me, but this seriously helps me put him in a box. He goes in the "Monster Energy Drink, Over-sized White Oakley Sunglasses, Sideways Hat Wearing.....55 year old" category. Damn. That was hard for me to even type. Even with money, a fleet of cars and a bevy of ladies.....this is not acceptable.

Shower thoughts: When I was younger, I used to think about what kind of person I wanted to be. The more people I know and understand, I've find myself learning what kind of person I don't want to be.

Damn it's nice to be poor.
Quote:

Spot on bro!

Quote:
Whoa! I just noticed! This place just got a little brighter for quite a few of us. Awesome!

Also, noticing quite a few posts that were made, that are no longer here. Something happened in here.
+1

This goes back to my earlier reference in this post. No substance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
So, I just left the gym about 10 minutes ago. On the way out, in the parking lot, I passed this very hot Latin lady. I mean, women don't come any sexier or prettier than this lady. I'd say, she's early 40s, about as tall as I am at 5' 10". To me, that seems tall for a woman. She has long, straight black hair. She's very athletic, just how I like. A nice set of fakies in her short top, thin waist, slight bubble butt in her boy shorts and very tan, long legs. She has a lot of colorful tats though. And, tats don't really turn me on. I haven't noticed what her tats are. I've seen her a few times, upstairs in the weight room. We've passed each other twice and both times we made eye contact. Anyway, when I passed her in the parking lot tonight we made eye contact, briefly. She smiled and said, "hi". It took me so much by surprise, that I couldn't get any words out and I just kept walking. I felt my face get flushed and hot. I'm not sure why. But, next time I see her, I'm just going to say, "hi" and just say something like, "I'm sorry I didn't say hi back to you the other night. You just caught me by surprise". I'll let you guys/ladies know what happens next.
This sounds like a Penthouse Forum intro. But given the source I'd say more like fantasy island. Yup, I'm old. I shouldn't be on this forum as I'm married so clearly not dating but I browse for a laugh once and a while. Clearly some laughs here.
Absolutely!!!! Most of the regular contributors are fun, save for a few choice characters. Thankfully the primary offender is gone.

That said…..

….I need advice on this Tiffany & Co. bracelet I purchased for the hottie attorney as a Christmas gift (…see attached). What do you guys & gals think?!? It's definitely not the most expensive thing the company makes, but I know she likes the brand. I already purchased her a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red-dot for one of the AR pistols I built for her and a Sunday Citizen weighted blanket (…another brand I know she likes). She is a bit financially strapped due to just recently buying the new house, the subsequent supplemental tax bill, paying U.C. college fees out-of-pocket, etc…..so I just wanted to get her a few things I know she won't buy for herself right now. I did buy her 13 year old son an NVIDIA GEFORCE 3070 Ti for Christmas (…see attached), so a lot of my auxiliary budget went toward making that little boy happy. Those damn video cards are expensive and hard to find. We purchased him a gaming PC last month for his birthday and I took them to Universal Studios: Halloween Haunt on the 31st…..which was also more of a birthday gift since his birthday was the 30th. The video card will be an update for the PC. That little dude should have enough PC power for quite some time.
Dearly beloved.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan25035.50
cmyx6go15696.50
King Rudi13154.00
///d1819.00
      11-18-2021, 08:45 AM   #12125
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Awesome! I will take it to a store to have "L & S" engraved on the heart in some nice font; it's both of our initials……..or is that just too corny? Lol!
This sounds serious.
Appreciate 5
Sedan_Clan25035.50
________4158.50
cmyx6go15696.50
      11-18-2021, 08:46 AM   #12126
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
You have limited space in that small heart so I think the initials work.
      11-18-2021, 08:48 AM   #12127
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think he was a troll. Maybe someone banned in the past that came back to see how much stupid shit they could say before inevitably getting banned again. Glad it happened though, dude was fucking deplorable.
I think it was the fact that majority of his posts weren't about dating experiences at all - but rather…..statements posted with the primary intent to be obnoxious and incite others - and that fact was the impetus for the ban. He wasn't contributing anything of real value to the "spirit" of this thread.

Quote:
Quote:
I can definitely tell he is an ex-pro mx'er. EGO out of the ass, like most racers....
This finally makes sense to me! Thank you for painting the picture. I'm a mentalist type. People's personalities are like puzzles to me, but this seriously helps me put him in a box. He goes in the "Monster Energy Drink, Over-sized White Oakley Sunglasses, Sideways Hat Wearing.....55 year old" category. Damn. That was hard for me to even type. Even with money, a fleet of cars and a bevy of ladies.....this is not acceptable.

Shower thoughts: When I was younger, I used to think about what kind of person I wanted to be. The more people I know and understand, I've find myself learning what kind of person I don't want to be.

Damn it's nice to be poor.
Quote:

Spot on bro!

Quote:
Whoa! I just noticed! This place just got a little brighter for quite a few of us. Awesome!

Also, noticing quite a few posts that were made, that are no longer here. Something happened in here.
+1

This goes back to my earlier reference in this post. No substance!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
So, I just left the gym about 10 minutes ago. On the way out, in the parking lot, I passed this very hot Latin lady. I mean, women don't come any sexier or prettier than this lady. I'd say, she's early 40s, about as tall as I am at 5' 10". To me, that seems tall for a woman. She has long, straight black hair. She's very athletic, just how I like. A nice set of fakies in her short top, thin waist, slight bubble butt in her boy shorts and very tan, long legs. She has a lot of colorful tats though. And, tats don't really turn me on. I haven't noticed what her tats are. I've seen her a few times, upstairs in the weight room. We've passed each other twice and both times we made eye contact. Anyway, when I passed her in the parking lot tonight we made eye contact, briefly. She smiled and said, "hi". It took me so much by surprise, that I couldn't get any words out and I just kept walking. I felt my face get flushed and hot. I'm not sure why. But, next time I see her, I'm just going to say, "hi" and just say something like, "I'm sorry I didn't say hi back to you the other night. You just caught me by surprise". I'll let you guys/ladies know what happens next.
This sounds like a Penthouse Forum intro. But given the source I'd say more like fantasy island. Yup, I'm old. I shouldn't be on this forum as I'm married so clearly not dating but I browse for a laugh once and a while. Clearly some laughs here.
Absolutely!!!! Most of the regular contributors are fun, save for a few choice characters. Thankfully the primary offender is gone.

That said…..

….I need advice on this Tiffany & Co. bracelet I purchased for the hottie attorney as a Christmas gift (…see attached). What do you guys & gals think?!? It's definitely not the most expensive thing the company makes, but I know she likes the brand. I already purchased her a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red-dot for one of the AR pistols I built for her and a Sunday Citizen weighted blanket (…another brand I know she likes). She is a bit financially strapped due to just recently buying the new house, the subsequent supplemental tax bill, paying U.C. college fees out-of-pocket, etc…..so I just wanted to get her a few things I know she won't buy for herself right now. I did buy her 13 year old son an NVIDIA GEFORCE 3070 Ti for Christmas (…see attached), so a lot of my auxiliary budget went toward making that little boy happy. Those damn video cards are expensive and hard to find. We purchased him a gaming PC last month for his birthday and I took them to Universal Studios: Halloween Haunt on the 31st…..which was also more of a birthday gift since his birthday was the 30th. The video card will be an update for the PC. That little dude should have enough PC power for quite some time.
Dearly beloved.

I died!!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
This sounds serious.
She's a keeper for sure. It's a nearly two year involvement that has ramped up significantly this year. We're going to Sedona, Arizona early next year to commemorate 2 years. It's supposed to be a road trip in the new 911, but I keep screwing that up. It's now supposed to arrive the week we have the trip planned. Fingers crossed it gets here earlier.

Quote:
Quote:
You have limited space in that small heart so I think the initials work.
You are the bomb!
Appreciate 5
________4158.50
cmyx6go15696.50
King Rudi13154.00
Dang3r12512.00
      11-18-2021, 08:52 AM   #12128
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
As someone who grew up riding dirt bikes it makes me not want to even associate with people in that group. Like bro why are you wearing your riding gear in the grocery store?

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25035.50
King Rudi13154.00
      11-18-2021, 09:03 AM   #12129
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Have Tiffany engrave something the heart, they do that. I makes it a lot more personal and special.
He should take the graphics card and see if they can put something on that as well :-)

Steve - Congrats on the relationship.... 2 years.....

Last edited by andrewmr; 11-18-2021 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25035.50
cmyx6go15696.50
      11-18-2021, 09:15 AM   #12130
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
"S" is for Sedan, right?
Appreciate 2
      11-18-2021, 09:17 AM   #12131
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Quote:
"S" is for Sedan, right?
Yep…..!!! "S" for Sexy, Steven, Sedan …..alllll the S's.

Appreciate 2
TiMSport12796.50
cmyx6go15696.50
      11-18-2021, 09:18 AM   #12132
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Yep…..!!! "S" for Sexy, Steven, Sedan…..alllll the S's.

Shiiiiiit.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25035.50
      11-18-2021, 09:21 AM   #12133
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Shiiiiiit.
Hahahaha! Well I am kind of a shit brown skin color.

On another note….

….What are some of the insecurities my fellow forum mates deal with in relationships? I can't be the only one who has them.
Appreciate 3
TiMSport12796.50
      11-18-2021, 09:23 AM   #12134
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

So dude got the axe? I guess those people PMing him e-high5in him will have to go to r/thathappened to get their fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
This thread is the only thing stopping me from getting unmarried, what a tyre fire.
I think that causes a lot of people to stay in relationships they don't want to be in. That was really my point in responding to turkishpickle about the whole "worst things than dying alone." Not to be negative but to say that you shouldn't be afraid of just being ALONE.

I ended a relationship after 10 years and it was one of the best decisions I had made in years. I went into it planning to be alone for a while, I was prepared for it, knowing at least then I was free to do my own things for a bit.

I did a brief period of dating cold (aka meeting people I had no other relationship with) but quickly ended up getting setup because a few women with mutual friends were like "let me know if he is ever single." Its been kind of off and on (mostly on) since then and not because its really bad or anything but Im coming from a different mindset now knowing that just being a single guy for a while isn't actually bad.

I'm sure if I dealt with a long dry spell I might feel different. But if you have a good friend group, hobbies, etc you'll find you'll be too busy to be lonely because there are all of the things you were consciously (or even unconsciously) deferring for the sake of the relationship. And honestly I think that mindset impacted the opposite sex anyway, once I was basically down for anything and able to chill for a while girls in my circle all started coming out of the woodwork because of the new vibe I was putting out.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25035.50
Mein11422.00
King Rudi13154.00
      11-18-2021, 09:26 AM   #12135
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
So dude got the axe? I guess those people PMing him e-high5in him will have to go to r/thathappened to get their fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
This thread is the only thing stopping me from getting unmarried, what a tyre fire.
I think that causes a lot of people to stay in relationships they don't want to be in. That was really my point in responding to turkishpickle about the whole "worst things than dying alone." Not to be negative but to say that you shouldn't be afraid of just being ALONE.

I ended a relationship after 10 years and it was one of the best decisions I had made in years. I went into it planning to be alone for a while, I was prepared for it, knowing at least then I was free to do my own things for a bit.

I did a brief period of dating cold (aka meeting people I had no other relationship with) but quickly ended up getting setup because a few women with mutual friends were like "let me know if he is ever single." Its been kind of off and on (mostly on) since then and not because its really bad or anything but Im coming from a different mindset now knowing that just being a single guy for a while isn't actually bad.

I'm sure if I dealt with a long dry spell I might feel different. But if you have a good friend group, hobbies, etc you'll find you'll be too busy to be lonely because there are all of the things you were consciously (or even unconsciously) deferring for the sake of the relationship. And honestly I think that mindset impacted the opposite sex anyway, once I was basically down for anything and able to chill for a while girls in my circle all started coming out of the woodwork because of the new vibe I was putting out.
If you don't mind sharing, what made you end the decade long relationship?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 09:30 AM   #12136
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I'm not afraid of being alone, i could do a few years easily. In fact if things went pear shaped i don't think i would couple up.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 09:47 AM   #12137
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Shiiiiiit.
Hahahaha! Well I am kind of a shit brown skin color.

On another note….

….What are some of the insecurities my fellow forum mates deal with in relationships? I can't be the only one who has them.
Exes, for example. What are yours? How do you cope?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 09:49 AM   #12138
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
If you don't mind sharing, what made you end the decade long relationship?
Waiting about 3 years too long.

She changed, I changed, she changed. She used to be fun, vibrant, etc. We met in school. She had this really awesome career lined up, got a full ride with a salary even at one of the top schools for what she was wanting to do, was planning on a career in Europe (which aligned with what I was doing too).

I even moved to Atlanta to be with her, risked my career but through some legitimate luck (and hard work but I can admit I drew the longest of straws) ended up blowing away my previous career path (huge industry player, no more travel, and fat stacks, etc). Bought a house, starting making friends now that I wasn't on the road, building the type of life I could have never imagined even remotely possible when I was growing up white trash in KS.

At the same time she unilaterally decided to go off antidepressants that I never even knew she was on, became one of those people who can suck the life out of a room, decided school was hard and constantly wanted to quit, and then decided she didnt want the career she spent a decade working towards, became a flake. Stopped working out, getting fat, etc.

Honestly the moment I lost respect for her it was done, we were going in completely opposite directions. But you know how you feel invested in people. So I kept trying. Finally in the last year I was like, "Nah, cant do this anymore. You need to change else I'm done." She made promises, went through the motions, etc. but it was all basically superficial, we were basically polar opposites at that point.

So, being who I am and her not being a horrible person, I basically stood her up like a child. Steered her into a stable job, helped her get her affairs in order (no real debt, reliable car, etc.), and then told her I'm done and to move out. I helped her get a place, gave her some furniture, even helped her move. And didn't tell anyone but literally my 3 closest friends until she was gone, we had common circles and I wasn't going to date until she was completely out of my life so I didn't have to worry about whispers undermining me.

The last communication I had with her was like a month later asking if she got any mail at my place and I just said "nope." I was that just done.
Appreciate 5
Sedan_Clan25035.50
Mein11422.00
Dang3r12512.00
      11-18-2021, 09:56 AM   #12139
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Is it something that can be done if I take it to a store? The bracelet is set to arrive Friday.
If it were me, I would rock the monogram. They do engraving online, but will also do in-store.
I'm… worried about your well being and mental state.

Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25035.50
      11-18-2021, 10:08 AM   #12140
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Sedan_Clan Can you fit 3 initals on the heart?

P.S. get the card to the kid NOW, so he can start mining.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25035.50
      11-18-2021, 10:19 AM   #12141
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
My bad. I saw the pattern, even commented on it and fell prey to my own demise.

I feel like the dating shenanigans are widely-spread, but I also feel like much is regional-based. Also depends on what platform a person is using.
Trust me, I usually feed into that, but that's also why I've been banned so many times. LOL.

Valid point. So there was a chick I matched on Tinder back in NC. Our exchange was bud for sex, no strings. Okay fine and dandy. Drive out to her house (a trailer in the middle of nowhere over an hour away), front door was a...., sheet, brothers and friends all hanging around. It was weird. Then she says can we go stop by my friends place, which she then wanted to trade said bud for pills. Trashy, but I felt pot committed, and it was about midnight at this point. Ended up saying fuck it (not her sadly..., or gladly), drove her home, then drove an hour back, broke my mirror off the BMW on someone's mailbox (also broke and ripped out of the ground) in the neighborhood because I was tired as fuck and not paying attention. Somehow managed to get to work at 7am.

That was a hard learned lesson on what Tinder has to offer.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25035.50
King Rudi13154.00
      11-18-2021, 10:28 AM   #12142
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Quote:
Trust me, I usually feed into that, but that's also why I've been banned so many times. LOL.

Valid point. So there was a chick I matched on Tinder back in NC. Our exchange was bud for sex, no strings. Okay fine and dandy. Drive out to her house (a trailer in the middle of nowhere over an hour away), front door was a...., sheet, brothers and friends all hanging around. It was weird. Then she says can we go stop by my friends place, which she then wanted to trade said bud for pills. Trashy, but I felt pot committed, and it was about midnight at this point. Ended up saying fuck it (not her sadly..., or gladly), drove her home, then drove an hour back, broke my mirror off the BMW on someone's mailbox (also broke and ripped out of the ground) in the neighborhood because I was tired as fuck and not paying attention. Somehow managed to get to work at 7am.

That was a hard learned lesson on what Tinder has to offer.
Yikes, that's a bad one haha.

I can also add a scary one to the list. Matched with a chick on Tinder, all seemed super normal. Responsive, not canned conversation and nothing to suggest it was a fake/bot account. They were about 15min north of me, and we made plans for me to come over that night. All totally cool.

Got busy during the day and convo dropped off. I picked back up a little bit before the time I was supposed to meet over there. No response, nbd. I got ready real quick and since I was running late I just jumped in the truck (had a Raptor at the time) and rolled on up that way. Texted her again "Hey i'm otw, be there in about 10"

Got to the address. Normal residential neighborhood, nothing suspect. All lights were off in the house, also not a big deal. I couldn't see a number on the house or see inside, so I walked over to the mailbox to check on a piece. Right house... the damn thing was STUFFED full of like months of mail. The house was totally abandoned and had been for some time.

I noped the FUCK out of there and literally ran back to my truck and headed back home. I suspect is was an attempted robbery/car jacking scenario so... be careful out there?
King Rudi13154.00
      11-18-2021, 10:40 AM   #12143
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
I noped the FUCK out of there and literally ran back to my truck and headed back home. I suspect is was an attempted robbery/car jacking scenario so... be careful out there?
Hmmm...., strange. Could have been a robbery attempt, or someone who was bored with their own life and trolled on others. Fucked up either way!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25035.50
      11-18-2021, 12:10 PM   #12144
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
HOOOOOO BOY

1- do i have a few stories about insecurities in a relationship, partly reason why i self-destructed mine and lost respect for her a few times over

2- boy do i have some choice words about a person that can suck the energy out of a room… idk if it was depression or other issues (she had a lot. she genuinely tried to be good 80% of the time and i think just couldnt help it the remaining 20%)

i hate texting on my phone (you guys made me feel old already) but at home i PROMISE i will be spilling some beans.
Appreciate 6
King Rudi13154.00
________4158.50
Sedan_Clan25035.50
cmyx6go15696.50
Dang3r12512.00