BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Standard Climate Control malfunction- Turning to hot causes no air on right side

12-29-2023, 09:45 AM   #1
n4l11n
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d[N47] & BMW 116i [N45]

Standard Climate Control malfunction- Turning to hot causes no air on right side

Hi all,
Hope you're all well, I have an issue with my standard non dual zone single climate control (base package) and it is a RHD UK spec 116i pre Lci F20 with N13b16 engine and standard old base CIC idrive.

My issue is the fact that turning to the hot section of the temperature knob stops airflow for the right side. The left is untouched.
Turning the knob on left to change the airflow direction does nothing.

ALSO:
When I do turn recirculation on, the left side is warm while all the right side wents are ice cold.

ALSO:
When Setting to the hot section and front, all the front vents blow cold air while the others (near a pillar ,windscreen) blow warm while in ALL settings the floor setting has NO airflow.

It is malfunctioning. Can someone help?
Could this be a faulty heater/climate panel fault, a wiring fault, a blend door actuator fault?

I think that is is a blend door fault but not 100% sure.

I also describe the issues here on BabyBMW
My Babybmw Thread:

https://www.babybmw.net/threads/f20-...1#post-1783437

Please dont hesitate to send me messages on there if you are active there as I am a new user here and can't recieve or send PMs. else just reply to this thread.

Kindest Regards,
a fellow f20 owner.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 01:49 AM   #2
IJO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 116I F20

I think your diagnosis about it being the heater flap is probably correct.

Ask on bimmerforums.co.uk as it's quite active and mainly with UK members.
Appreciate 0