BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > 2023 X7 LCI Highway or Motorway Assist

07-15-2022, 11:40 AM   #1
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

2023 X7 LCI Highway or Motorway Assist

This is a tricky question and am hopping to get answers:
If you try to build a 2023 7-series now, you would notice that the Highway Assistant "also known as motorway assistant in Europe" would appear as an added option when you select the Driving Assistance Professional Package
HOWEVER, unlike the 7-series, if you are building the 2023 X7 now, when selecting the Driving Assistance Professional Package, you won't see the language that is also referring to Highway Assistant "also known as motorway assistant in Europe"

We know from some leaks that BMW was planning to include the Highway Assistant "motorway assistant" at the intro for the 7-series, but then in April 2023 for X7. Does that mean X7 will get it through a software update knowing it makes no-sense to change the hardware just 7 months from the starting of production of a new X7 anyway. How can I get confident that it is more of a OTA update and that theX7 is already equipped with the hardware that can make it? I know the iX has the same exact ussie and that they were promising it will get the 2.5or 2+ driving assist autonomous level through OTA update, but nothing solid for X7. Please advise.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 12:50 PM   #2
Slack Beries
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M60i, BMW X4 M40i

If it's an OTA update you might think they'd come out and say that in order to put down any concerns. But it could just as well be OTA update where the development/release schedule to the X7 isn't clear and so they say nothing.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 12:58 PM   #3
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack Beries View Post
If it's an OTA update you might think they'd come out and say that in order to put down any concerns. But it could just as well be OTA update where the development/release schedule to the X7 isn't clear and so they say nothing.
I understand but the new 7-series is getting this feature right at production. So, one way to confirm if the X7 is mechanically or from a hardware point of view is actually ready to get that feature is to see if anyone can confirm if the new X7 LCI is actually coming with different new set of camera and sensors for the drive assist package. If so, and if it is confirmed that it is a NEW HARDWARE that 2022 models, then we know for sure that yes the X7 has the new hardware already but needs the new software that also unlocks the highway/motroway hands-free assist.

Any idea on how to confirm if that is true for the x7 LCI or even the current iX?
Appreciate 0