BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > 3.0 CSL Revival Teaser Pics! - Posted by M CEO

06-28-2022, 10:21 AM   #89
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM4 View Post
I'm going to reserve judgement till I see the final car. Curious about the transmission/clutch details and also that rear spoiler.

Based on the camo pictures I actually prefer the M4 front end but I'm admittedly biased.
I always have. The Hommage CSL always looked like a beefy, less attractive, but modernized E24.
Appreciate 1
ChrisM41523.50
      06-29-2022, 01:48 AM   #90
TargaM2
M///modifyer
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Huge money for something thats based on a 4 series…
///M TOWN13117.00
      06-29-2022, 01:55 AM   #91
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
….and most claiming they were going to change the front end…..haven't. It's just forum fodder.
Well, if there is nothing out there that looks better, why would they? Who wants to drive around with some third party ugly addon like Prior design?

Now, on the other hand if BMW releases a facelift, and lets say that facelift is based on design of CSL 3.0 car or just is different - then we can talk.

I remember well the E90 days when fitting M3 front to regular car was a thing. It is NOT a thing today thats for sure also, which kinda of counters your point on forum fodder and all that.

There is no one changing their M3-M4 fronts today because there is nothing nicer. The best they can do is to ditch the shape of the grille inserts for something that is even more open to rock chips. Thats about it. But may be the 3.0 CSL car will be the change to that.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 01:59 AM   #92
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
Quote:
….and most claiming they were going to change the front end…..haven't. It's just forum fodder.
Well, if there is nothing out there that looks better, why would they? Who wants to drive around with some third party ugly addon like Prior design?

Now, on the other hand if BMW releases a facelift, and lets say that facelift is based on design of CSL 3.0 car or just is different - then we can talk.

I remember well the E90 days when fitting M3 front to regular car was a thing. It is NOT a thing today thats for sure also, which kinda of counters your point on forum fodder and all that.

There is no one changing their M3-M4 fronts today because there is nothing nicer. But may be the 3.0 CSL car will be the change to that.
Actually it doesn't. All of the detractors circle-jerked every aftermarket bumper idea that was posted on the forum, but nobody put their money where their mouths were. It's akin to everybody who said they were moving to Canada when Trump won the presidency……

….but are still here, threatening to renounce their U.S. citizenship over the Roe v. Wade ruling.
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
      06-29-2022, 02:00 AM   #93
Tallest
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Actually it doesn't. All of the detractors circle-jerked every aftermarket bumper idea that was posted on the forum, but nobody put their money where their mouths were. It's akin to everybody who said they were moving to Canada when Trump won the presidency……

….but are still here, threatening to renounce their U.S. citizenship over the Roe v. Wade ruling.
We are talking two different things. I am saying new design from BMW encourages the crowds to look for new choice because BMW itself has done it. Forum people follow trends, it is normal.

I dont know people who wanna move to canada or who just freak out on every topic. I dont even notice these kind of posts. Were they really a thing?.. .

Last edited by Tallest; 06-29-2022 at 02:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24809.50
      06-29-2022, 02:04 AM   #94
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
The could have just made the concept car a production car one to one. Same body, same everything. Why make it look a little bit like a much uglier M3-M4? I get it, interior can be, but sheet metal costs? It will be a bespoke 600k dollar (wtf) car, so ...

Lexus LFA status is firmly calling.
It would be interesting to hear from BMW about why they didn't do exactly that. I'm sure they could've easily sold the units had they produced a car that was 80% of the concept. Who knows though?!? Maybe this car will surprise everybody.
Appreciate 1
Tallest1278.50
      06-29-2022, 05:24 AM   #95
Tallest
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
It would be interesting to hear from BMW about why they didn't do exactly that. I'm sure they could've easily sold the units had they produced a car that was 80% of the concept. Who knows though?!? Maybe this car will surprise everybody.
Yeah, with the current M4 design it is damned if you do, damned if you dont. Make 3.0 CSL too different to M4 -- all the M4 owners will moan how come they didnt make it like that from start. Make it like M4 today - they will get people paying 600k wonder why get that over GTS, or make them feel this is a rip off. So they do a bit of both, key design cues from concept, but overall it is just M4. And I think thats where theyll have issues with that 600k sticker price. Its not gorgeous enough to justify it, for that money car must looks pretty damn good but what do I know.

Btw, for this money you can actually buy a LOT of cool cars. I dont even mean Singer or something trivial like this. Go futher, get like Pur Sang Alfa Romeo 8C or Bugatti Type 35. You can actually do historic races in them. Here it is just gonna be ... I dunno. The better make the 3.0 CSL look like a batmobile CSL we love, with modern twist. Something stunning. Not M4 with different grille.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24809.50
JTO245246.50
///M TOWN13117.00
      06-29-2022, 08:40 AM   #96
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, with the current M4 design it is damned if you do, damned if you dont. Make 3.0 CSL too different to M4 -- all the M4 owners will moan how come they didnt make it like that from start. Make it like M4 today - they will get people paying 600k wonder why get that over GTS, or make them feel this is a rip off. So they do a bit of both, key design cues from concept, but overall it is just M4. And I think thats where theyll have issues with that 600k sticker price. Its not gorgeous enough to justify it, for that money car must looks pretty damn good but what do I know.

Btw, for this money you can actually buy a LOT of cool cars. I dont even mean Singer or something trivial like this. Go futher, get like Pur Sang Alfa Romeo 8C or Bugatti Type 35. You can actually do historic races in them. Here it is just gonna be ... I dunno. The better make the 3.0 CSL look like a batmobile CSL we love, with modern twist. Something stunning. Not M4 with different grille.
You make some valid points. I never considered the part in bold, but you're right.
Appreciate 1
Tallest1278.50