BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Anyone know how to get a hold of someone at BMW corporate to solve a problem?

07-24-2022, 05:56 PM   #23
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rux View Post
What was your production date?

My 22 M4C production date was 6-24-22 and was pretty spot on that date. From completion of the car on June 24th 2022 to a couple days ago, I was status 182: Awaiting carrier assignment. So for about a month my car was sitting in a parking lot waiting for a train ride to BeemerHeaven. For the past couple 3 days, it is status 190

orderStatusCode: "190"
overHeadLongMessage: "Your new BMW has left the factory, and is on its way to you."
overHeadMessage: "Dispatched from factory"

So it sits on a train to sit in another parking lot until a ride to a port in the US is avail. I have been ordering new cars of various brands every 2 years or so for the past 20 years. I have never had such a delay in shipping. (sans special/popular hard to get models). I did call everyone and their mother for any added info. Genius told me nothing that I did not already know other than "ports are overloaded".
Production date was 6/1/22, done on 6/7 and sitting idle who knows where since then. I've never had such a delay either and I've also been ordering cars for a long time. I get that ports are overloaded, but its clearly something other than a shipping issue with this one because cars built after me have long past me and owners taken delivery. I just can't get anyone at BMW to give a damn about customer service and look into it for me.

I guess you got no additional information from anyone that you tried to call? The geniuses are generally worthless for this sort of stuff. BMW customer service that I emailed also worthless. CCA ombudsman said they can't help. BMW customer service is actually supposed to be elevating it and I'm waiting for a call back from them. My dealer is getting nowhere although I'm not sure they've actually picked up a phone to try and call someone, but they say they are getting no response to any of their emails.

Last edited by snareman; 07-25-2022 at 01:48 AM..
Appreciate 0