BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Bimmercode won't connect IOS

08-12-2019, 08:31 AM   #1
kAiEM
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 LCI

Exclamation Bimmercode won't connect IOS

Hi everyone, I just registered on this forum after getting my first BMW (F20) after 3 Audi's. I would like to apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong section.

After getting my F20 I got myself a Vgate iCar2 Wifi adapter to start coding with bimmercode, but whatever I do I can't get my bimmercode on ios to connect with my adapter? Does anyone have a clue why it won't connect?

I've tried forgetting the wifi, hard restarting the phone, tried with the ignition on and also engine on. No luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #2
gecko.ch
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: G01 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kAiEM View Post
Hi everyone, I just registered on this forum after getting my first BMW (F20) after 3 Audi's. I would like to apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong section.

After getting my F20 I got myself a Vgate iCar2 Wifi adapter to start coding with bimmercode, but whatever I do I can't get my bimmercode on ios to connect with my adapter? Does anyone have a clue why it won't connect?

I've tried forgetting the wifi, hard restarting the phone, tried with the ignition on and also engine on. No luck.
Do you have the phone in airplane mode?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
kAiEM
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko.ch View Post
Do you have the phone in airplane mode?
Yup, I've tried putting into airplane mode and activating wifi, with no success.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 08:08 AM   #4
gecko.ch
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: G01 M40

Quote:
Yup, I've tried putting into airplane mode and activating wifi, with no success.
ok, that was my Problem with bimmercoe.
write to the bimmecode support, they answer quickly.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 08:25 AM   #5
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus

I also had the same problem, bought of eBay, don't always think they are accurate with there information, said it worked on IOS, which it didn't, and also Android, so got out an Android tablet of my daughters, it worked fine. So i contacted the sender told them they told lies and it doesn't work on IOS, they refunded it and told me to keep it, but then they don't want poor feedback on the website. So i would contact the sender, also don't op for one of the cheaper vgate's, like i did initially, make sure you spend between £20 and £30.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 04:01 PM   #6
Tijtsie
Rep
Drives: btw f20

Hi Apj, which one do you recommend for bimmercode? I have some troubles to pick the right one.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #7
Saksanpaimenauto
Rep
Drives: F20 120d -12

Veepeak OBDCHECK BLE+ works fine with iOS and only costs about 40 euros
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 07:02 AM   #8
stupar
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

I am using BimmerCode with Vgate WIFI OBD adapter on iOS without problems for years now. My phone is iPhone XR, and I never update my phone regulary, currently on 14.4.2 version - if it ain't broken, don't fix it...

Before hitting connect button in BimmerCode, make sure you have selected your adapter in the options - this is a must (in your case select Vgate iCar Wi-Fi). Put the car on ignition (don't start the engine, only ignition on), then insert Vgate in OBD and then connect with BimmerCode over your phone with airplane mode on. That should be it.

Before coding, also make sure your car battery is fine. I usually take a car for a good spin arround town just to make sure the voltage is fine for coding. Hope it helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 11:26 AM   #9
kirooooo98
Registered
Rep
Drives: F21

You should connect via app not in the phone settings
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 08:47 PM   #10
clatu
Rep
Drives: F21

hi, anyone know if bimmercode can code cruise control miles to km . f21 2013
have set metric in idrive units , analogue sppedo is in miles .want to have cruise control display in km
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 01:36 PM   #11
Jexbima
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:

Quote:

You should probably update your IOS bur
Appreciate 1