BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > C8 Z06......Wow

06-07-2022, 09:15 PM   #617
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Imagine having one of those cars and then pulling up a cars and coffee, local car meet or just flat out anywhere and then this one pulls up too.

This car will STEAL ANY SHOW. Yes even those with actual exotics there too.

Anyone who think that doesn't look good is either blind or in denial. They probably do love the car but pretend they don't because they can't get one. Whether because of finances or they procrastinated so long that the wait list is like 8+ years deep lol.
Looks great. Wake me up when you get yours (in five years).
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 09:24 PM   #618
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Imagine having one of those cars and then pulling up a cars and coffee, local car meet or just flat out anywhere and then this one pulls up too.

This car will STEAL ANY SHOW. Yes even those with actual exotics there too.

Anyone who think that doesn't look good is either blind or in denial. They probably do love the car but pretend they don't because they can't get one. Whether because of finances or they procrastinated so long that the wait list is like 8+ years deep lol.
Lol. At 30 over MSRP. I, like a lot of peeps are on the " list". I have 3 deposits down in 3 states.😜😂I'm not delusional. If I get one, it would be like hitting the lotto.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7837.00
DrFerry6728.50
      06-08-2022, 04:26 AM   #619
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Lol. At 30 over MSRP. I, like a lot of peeps are on the " list". I have 3 deposits down in 3 states.😜😂I'm not delusional. If I get one, it would be like hitting the lotto.
You mean at MSRP that i might be driving this fall?

I did it right, i got on the z06 list back in 2019. I'll be one of the first to get it.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
NYG10744.00
      06-08-2022, 07:47 AM   #620
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Well said.. Some of them probably have blue check marks on Twitter and they're posting from an underground basement in Langley, VA. I agree totally. There's no comparison IMO.
Both cars are ugly and I have said that from day one. I did have the money (went with a 997 instead) but a vette was never on the table as i needed 2+2.

The M4 is brutal, I have been clear about that in many threads, no excuses ugly.

The vette doesn't work, the rear looks tacked onto the front, there's too much visual separation between the front and rear and the squared off rear is flat out weird. It's a HELL of a bargain and the flat plane crank engine is a masterpiece if it's reliable, but pretty it ain't.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 07:58 AM   #621
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Ain't the ignore button great?
Attached Images

'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 2
      06-08-2022, 08:19 AM   #622
Krombopulous
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

The Z06 is going to be insane.

I drove a C8 stingray on the track this past weekend. It was bone stock, including the all season tires. That car is incredibly capable even in bone stock form. That V8 right behind you also sounds quite nice.

I cannot imagine what the Z06 is going to be like. Just all of that good stuff about the stingray but amplified. I'm drooling thinking about that high revving flat plane crank sound.
There was an autocross going on next to the track, and one of the cars on it was a GT350. The sound alone almost made me buy one over my M2.
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6728.50
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
swanson733.00
      06-08-2022, 08:37 AM   #623
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Lol. At 30 over MSRP. I, like a lot of peeps are on the " list". I have 3 deposits down in 3 states.����I'm not delusional. If I get one, it would be like hitting the lotto.
Getting mine at sticker price.

Chevy dealers aren't as scummy as other brands from my experience. Still scum but not as much.
Appreciate 3
      06-08-2022, 08:42 AM   #624
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post

Chevy dealers aren't as scummy as other brands from my experience. Still scum but not as much.

Exactly. As long as you stick with MacMulkin, ciocca or criswell, you should be good at msrp.

My dealer has sold all their stingrays at msrp. I don’t see a reason why they would go away from this practice with adm with the z06 and destroy their reputation.

Hopefully there’s no parts shortages or production delays otherwise I should be driving my c8z this fall or early spring at latest.
Appreciate 2
NYG10744.00
DrFerry6728.50
      06-08-2022, 08:55 AM   #625
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. As long as you stick with MacMulkin, ciocca or criswell, you should be good at msrp.

My dealer has sold all their stingrays at msrp. I don’t see a reason why they would go away from this practice with adm with the z06 and destroy their reputation.

Hopefully there’s no parts shortages or production delays otherwise I should be driving my c8z this fall or early spring at latest.
I got on a wait list a month or two after I picked up my C7 Z06 in 2020. Fell in love with that car - was my first Corvette. Now I need to figure out if I want to keep my R8 and add the C8Z to the collection considering we have a clown for a president. Having a naturally aspirated, high revving V8 and V10 at the same time sounds like a dream to me though.
Appreciate 4
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
DrFerry6728.50
swanson733.00
      06-08-2022, 10:05 AM   #626
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I got on a wait list a month or two after I picked up my C7 Z06 in 2020. Fell in love with that car - was my first Corvette. Now I need to figure out if I want to keep my R8 and add the C8Z to the collection considering we have a clown for a president. Having a naturally aspirated, high revving V8 and V10 at the same time sounds like a dream to me though.
If you can do it, definitely do it lol.

These cars are going to be gems years down the road when car makers first downside their engines with hybrid tech and before we eventually go all EV.

I’m debating if I’m keeping my c7z as I have a stingray also coming with the z06.

I don’t have an issue having all these cars. It’s a space issue for me.
Appreciate 2
NYG10744.00
DrFerry6728.50
      06-08-2022, 10:09 AM   #627
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you can do it, definitely do it lol.

These cars are going to be gems years down the road when car makers first downside their engines with hybrid tech and before we eventually go all EV.

I’m debating if I’m keeping my c7z as I have a stingray also coming with the z06.

I don’t have an issue having all these cars. It’s a space issue for me.
Which part of Jersey are you at? I just moved here. Should go for a cruise so I can see your G80! Dm me if you're down! Prepare ourselves for some future Z06 drives.
Appreciate 2
      06-08-2022, 10:43 AM   #628
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Which part of Jersey are you at? I just moved here. Should go for a cruise so I can see your G80! Dm me if you're down! Prepare ourselves for some future Z06 drives.
Northern jersey in Rutherford.

I’m def down for a cruise. I do aimless driving on the weekends mainly.
Appreciate 2
NYG10744.00
DrFerry6728.50
      06-08-2022, 11:09 AM   #629
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Lol. At 30 over MSRP. I, like a lot of peeps are on the " list". I have 3 deposits down in 3 states.����I'm not delusional. If I get one, it would be like hitting the lotto.

I hope you guys are right. As you said, they are all scumbags. Wouldn't surprise me for a second for them to tell you above MSRP or piss off. Cause someone the next second will pay above it.
Appreciate 1
NYG10744.00
      06-08-2022, 11:13 AM   #630
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

My dealer has sold all their stingrays at msrp. I don't see a reason why they would go away from this practice with adm with the z06 and destroy their reputation.

Hopefully there's no parts shortages or production delays otherwise I should be driving my c8z this fall or early spring at latest.
I'm number 2 on a list in Florida. My Dad is down there and knows a guy. They are both Vietnam Vets, so maybe I actually get one🤷🏽*♂️. It seems everyone knows a guy. Lol. We will see when push comes to shove who gets what, when and for how much. Like is said before, I feel it will be luck if I get one
Appreciate 3
NYG10744.00
DrFerry6728.50
Cos270608.50
      06-08-2022, 11:18 AM   #631
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm number 2 on a list in Florida. My Dad is down there and knows a guy. They are both Vietnam Vets, so maybe I actually get one🤷🏽*♂️. It seems everyone knows a guy. Lol. We will see when push comes to shove who gets what, when and for how much. Like is said before, I feel it will be luck if I get one
Nah, it just feels like that with the car market/economy. It's a Corvette - it will not be hard to get for long. I'm hoping I get my build sheet this month.
Appreciate 2
      06-08-2022, 03:32 PM   #632
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Can I wake you when I get my, likely, 1st year Z? I have a below 300 number @ Ciocca
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 03:34 PM   #633
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Keep the R8 if it's a V10
Appreciate 1
NYG10744.00
      06-08-2022, 03:35 PM   #634
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
2023 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Brings Updated Online Configurator For Your Build
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/06/do...-good-as-ours/
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 2
      06-08-2022, 04:06 PM   #635
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Anything and I do mean anything, including an inanimate object is light years better than the narcissistic, racist, treasonous tyrant before. IJS.

But yeah my neighbor has a R8 that is definitely sweet.
Although I fully expect the Z06 to more than hold it's own against it.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 04:42 PM   #636
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm number 2 on a list in Florida. My Dad is down there and knows a guy. They are both Vietnam Vets, so maybe I actually get one����*♂️. It seems everyone knows a guy. Lol. We will see when push comes to shove who gets what, when and for how much. Like is said before, I feel it will be luck if I get one
Let me ask you something. Why do you think you'll be lucky to get one IF you're already on a wait list? Especially if you're number 2? Even if the dealer gets 1 z06 allocation per MY, that means at number 2 you'll get a 2nd MY. Why would you consider yourself lucky to get one at that point?

The only reasons someone might think they can't get one are:

1: GM releases the MSRP and A LOT more than expected.

2: You got on the wait list just now and are probably 6+ years deep (who knows how long the z06 production run will last as emissions get more strict as time moves foward).

3: You're on a list with a shitty ass shady dealer that will drop your place in a heartbeat if someone with deeper pockets are willing to pay a gigantic ADM to take your spot and the dealer agrees to that.

4: You're waiting for the used market for these cars knowing it will go for TWICE the MSRP anyway, and you think that you can't afford it.

This car "should" start under 100k so anyone one of us can afford this car no problem. We're all adults making good money i assume.

And as long as you're with a reputable dealer and not some joe fucking schmo from louisiana that gets 1 corvette sale per year, then ihave no doubt you can get this car at MSRP.

Ciocca, macmulkin, criswell are pretty much a for sure thing on getting this car at MSRP if you're on the wait list.

Now if you're in the 600, 700, 800 and higher on any of those big 3 lists, chances are you won't see this car until 2026 or so. And by then you might've changed your mind and get something else.

When first year owners get this car, i am sure almost half of them will trade them in when the ZR1 is announced with a rumored 800+hp variant. So there will be used C8Z's a year or 2 from now no problem.

This car will be here for anyone to attain. But you're going to pay big fucking dollars if you aren't the first owner getting it at one of the big 3 dealers at MSRP.

Gotta pay to play i guess.
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6728.50
NYG10744.00
Cos270608.50
      06-08-2022, 04:45 PM   #637
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
2023 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Brings Updated Online Configurator For Your Build
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/06/do...-good-as-ours/

I got my build ready so when macmulkin calls me for an allocation, it's go time!

I did 3 builds so far. Deciding which one is the HARDEST part. I want all 3 builds LOL.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
NYG10744.00
      06-08-2022, 07:10 PM   #638
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm number 2 on a list in Florida. My Dad is down there and knows a guy. They are both Vietnam Vets, so maybe I actually get one����*♂️. It seems everyone knows a guy. Lol. We will see when push comes to shove who gets what, when and for how much. Like is said before, I feel it will be luck if I get one
Let me ask you something. Why do you think you'll be lucky to get one IF you're already on a wait list? Especially if you're number 2? Even if the dealer gets 1 z06 allocation per MY, that means at number 2 you'll get a 2nd MY. Why would you consider yourself lucky to get one at that point?

The only reasons someone might think they can't get one are:

1: GM releases the MSRP and A LOT more than expected.

2: You got on the wait list just now and are probably 6+ years deep (who knows how long the z06 production run will last as emissions get more strict as time moves foward).

3: You're on a list with a shitty ass shady dealer that will drop your place in a heartbeat if someone with deeper pockets are willing to pay a gigantic ADM to take your spot and the dealer agrees to that.

4: You're waiting for the used market for these cars knowing it will go for TWICE the MSRP anyway, and you think that you can't afford it.

This car "should" start under 100k so anyone one of us can afford this car no problem. We're all adults making good money i assume.

And as long as you're with a reputable dealer and not some joe fucking schmo from louisiana that gets 1 corvette sale per year, then ihave no doubt you can get this car at MSRP.

Ciocca, macmulkin, criswell are pretty much a for sure thing on getting this car at MSRP if you're on the wait list.

Now if you're in the 600, 700, 800 and higher on any of those big 3 lists, chances are you won't see this car until 2026 or so. And by then you might've changed your mind and get something else.

When first year owners get this car, i am sure almost half of them will trade them in when the ZR1 is announced with a rumored 800+hp variant. So there will be used C8Z's a year or 2 from now no problem.

This car will be here for anyone to attain. But you're going to pay big fucking dollars if you aren't the first owner getting it at one of the big 3 dealers at MSRP.

Gotta pay to play i guess.
I don't mind paying a bit over but I'm not going crazy. I want every option except the carbon wheels. Aftermarket wheels would be one of my first mods. I just think dealers are soooo shady. Nothing they do would surprise me. I hope everyone gets one who has been waiting forever. I just know there will. E horror stories about peeps getting boned.
Appreciate 0