BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Retrofit ENTRYNAV with 606 in vehicle with ENTRYNAV without NAV?

03-17-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
Elmo111
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d Urban

Retrofit ENTRYNAV with 606 in vehicle with ENTRYNAV without NAV?

Hi all,

So for the last few weeks I've been scouring the internet for answers in regards to moving an ENTRYNAV unit with 606 enabled (from a 218d production date 07/14) into a 120d that also has an ENTRYNAV unit, without NAV, (production date 06/15).

I would still like access to the ConnectedDrive facilities of the no NAV unit, but with access to the older ENTRYNAV unit that has 606 enabled.

I'm finding conflicting information regarding whether or not it's possible without the use of an emulator (thus losing all ConnectedDrive features), or mixing and matching the newer FSC certs from the no NAV unit, over to the older 606 unit that already has the 606 FSC cert present.

Am I thinking the solution would be to physically replace the no NAV unit with the 606 ENTYRNAV (and the GPS antenna), VO code the 606 unit to the 120d so no emulator is needed, then moving the FSC certs from the no NAV unit over to the 606 unit, so the vehicle assumes it originally came with 606, thus maintaining the ConnectedDrive features and gaining NAV?

I know it's a really minor thing to have, but I've got a 7 button iDrive controller that I'd like to use too, that originally came with the 606 unit. (I've been using the 606 unit in my 118d via an emulator, but the 7 button iDrive controller is KCAN2 and my 118d is KCAN1, so I decided to just continue using the 5 button no NAV controller to avoid splicing wires.

Of course that's just my theory, but I'm not sure if it's possible to mix and match FSC's.

Any guidance/assistance on the matter would be massively helpful, thanks for your time!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 07:11 AM   #2
88tuning.id
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E39 520i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilioB View Post
Hi all,

So for the last few weeks I've been scouring the internet for answers in regards to moving an ENTRYNAV unit with 606 enabled (from a 218d production date 07/14) into a 120d that also has an ENTRYNAV unit, without NAV, (production date 06/15).

I would still like access to the ConnectedDrive facilities of the no NAV unit, but with access to the older ENTRYNAV unit that has 606 enabled.

I'm finding conflicting information regarding whether or not it's possible without the use of an emulator (thus losing all ConnectedDrive features), or mixing and matching the newer FSC certs from the no NAV unit, over to the older 606 unit that already has the 606 FSC cert present.

Am I thinking the solution would be to physically replace the no NAV unit with the 606 ENTYRNAV (and the GPS antenna), VO code the 606 unit to the 120d so no emulator is needed, then moving the FSC certs from the no NAV unit over to the 606 unit, so the vehicle assumes it originally came with 606, thus maintaining the ConnectedDrive features and gaining NAV?

I know it's a really minor thing to have, but I've got a 7 button iDrive controller that I'd like to use too, that originally came with the 606 unit. (I've been using the 606 unit in my 118d via an emulator, but the 7 button iDrive controller is KCAN2 and my 118d is KCAN1, so I decided to just continue using the 5 button no NAV controller to avoid splicing wires.

Of course that's just my theory, but I'm not sure if it's possible to mix and match FSC's.

Any guidance/assistance on the matter would be massively helpful, thanks for your time!
Hi, so youre saying that you have retrofitted the ENTRYNAV with nav but cannot activate the nav and connected drive function rigght?

if that's the case, i think i can generate the fsc code to make the nav and CD active. pm me the details.

T
      03-20-2019, 07:17 AM   #3
Elmo111
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88tuning.id View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

Hi, so youre saying that you have retrofitted the ENTRYNAV with nav but cannot activate the nav and connected drive function rigght?

if that's the case, i think i can generate the fsc code to make the nav and CD active. pm me the details.

T
It was more in relation to taking the FSCs from the none NAV unit and moving them over to the retrofitted 606 unit (with NAV) to enable the remote services and connectedDrive services?

But I'm thinking you can't mix and match FSC certs?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 07:23 AM   #4
88tuning.id
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep

Oh if that's the case, i havent got any chance to mix and match FSC from old HU to new HU. and i dont think it's possible though. might as well generate new fully working FSC to save the hassle

T
      03-20-2019, 07:30 AM   #5
Elmo111
Rep

Quote:
Oh if that's the case, i havent got any chance to mix and match FSC from old HU to new HU. and i dont think it's possible though. might as well generate new fully working FSC to save the hassle

T
The unit without NAV is actually an ENTRYNAV unit itself - are you saying that FSC certs can be generated to enable 606? (If the unit has a GPS fakra)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #6
88tuning.id
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

T
The unit without NAV is actually an ENTRYNAV unit itself - are you saying that FSC certs can be generated to enable 606? (If the unit has a GPS fakra)
yep i think so, as long as your current hardware are capable of having nav.

send me your hardware details. imma help you out, no hurt for trying, right? haha

T
      03-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #7
Elmo111
Rep

Quote:

send me your hardware details. imma help you out, no hurt for trying, right? haha

T
So you're after the VIN? It's also got just the 5 button iDrive controller, although a retrofitted iDrive controller is simple enough I guess!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #8
GMJ
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 M135i

Hey, I have a random question. I have a 2014 M135i I bought in Dubai. I moved it to Czech Republic and they are just refusing to connect BMW ConnectedDrive. All they tell me is it is too old and not compatible??? Any ideas?? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 05:49 AM   #9
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ´23 iX3 M Sport Charged

Quote:

T
Sorry, I know it´s the wrong forum - but I do also own a F20, so here goes:

Are you saying, that my G30, that has ENTRYNAV, iDrive controller with MAP/NAV buttons and a GPS antenna (for ConnectedDrive things) but NO navigation can have the navigation part activated via some codes? If yes, I´m very interested to hear more
      10-17-2020, 05:11 AM   #10
PeGaSo32a
Registered
Rep
Drives: F22

Hi.

I know this thread is old.

But i want to do the same.
I have an entrynav coded but i need the certificate to activate the navigation.

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 02:38 PM   #11
Fjsousa4651
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 120D F20

Hey guys,

I have a BMW 120D F20 from 2015, it seems to have the standard audio system, but it has the business navigation system, so I checked and it seems to have a Combox, Bluetooth is working fine for calling and for audio, the only thing not working is the album covers, the browsing playlists, sms, texting etc, I tried doing some coding with bimmercode, but my combox is not showing in the bimmercode app, can someone help me out?
Appreciate 0